Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Old 15th June 2010, 16:54   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speeding@160mph View Post
Worst situation - AmEx will void these charges without a seconds hesitation! The JOY of American Customer Support standards!
In the CC industry they have the cleanest policies and pretty good customer support (comparatively speaking).

OTOH don't wait too long if you want the charges reversed/declared void. if Reliance submits the 'Receipt of charge' (the slip you signed on) and Amex releases payment then you will have a real tough time getting the charges reversed. In this case shoot first and ask questions later.
Cesc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2010, 17:01   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speeding@160mph View Post
Worst situation - AmEx will void these charges without a seconds hesitation! The JOY of American Customer Support standards!
Seek legal opinion before attempting this - that is if you want to proceed legal action as suggested by suman. I'm not a lawyer, but I think you should do the stop-payment only AFTER sending them a legal demand notice. Act fast!

May be I'm wrong. Just my 2c.
sandeepmdas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2010, 17:02   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtak View Post
I suggest you give a call to Reliance guys and tell them that you would void the transaction if they do not revert to your emails.
The first thing they'll do is to try and get the payment disbursed rather than resolve the issue. I don't know how this works, but it doesn't seem like the best way forward.
FlyingSpur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2010, 17:11   #19
Senior - BHPian

This is a serious thing. Leaving such jobs to the Authorised Service Stations is the ideal way of getting these done; at least they would not spoil the vehicle because some one may be knowing what is what unlike in general workspaces.

Last edited by rajeev k : 15th June 2010 at 17:12.
rajeev k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2010, 19:25   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

I dont think calling the CC people is going to stop your payment from going through.

My couple of visits to Reliance Autozone havent left me with much of an impression - other than about the people there NOT being accessories people. They were there just manning the store. I was hoping for some learning, but if car accessories are treated this way, then it is not worth going back to them.
condor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2010, 22:29   #21
Senior - BHPian

With respect to your query in Front Sunfilm Thread, I can say that Reliance stocks original VKool sunfilms.

You need to escalate this matter with VKool as being a high-end brand with limited or no availability at local accessories shops, they've appointed a store with novice installers where-in sunfilms are installed in inadequate lighting conditions, something which is against the basic principles of installing a sunfilm.

My installer once told me that VKool is to be ONLY installed by their installers. In your case, I would suggest you check with VKool Rajendra Place if they can entertain your claim for the Sunfilm problems and for the rest, I hope Reliance does the needful.
tsk13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2010, 00:53   #22
BHPian

Oh man, I do feel bad what happened. I knew there had to be something fishy with those blokes. Hope it all goes okay though and you must get justice. Times like this I wish capital punishment applies to those scoundrels. March them straight to the death row. I say this because I have been in a similar situation when I got my car serviced from Nexus. Major oil leak for 3 days.
rjalihal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2010, 07:08   #23
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
tsk13 : .. I can say that Reliance stocks original VKool sunfilms.
@TSK, I dont think it is as much as the originality of the Vkool film, as much as it is about the way things are done there. From what I have heard about Reliance from various sources, they bargain HARD. Under normal practice, VKool would have sent their trained staff to install the film, but this means lesser margin for the actuall seller. It is possible that Reliance has bargained for their own installers - hence at a cheaper rate, and with people of lesser skill.
condor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2010, 09:04   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero Cool View Post
Id say forget the money, take some goons and thrash the living daylights out of these morons. They know very well that they screwed up your car and instead of being sorry they act cocky. If i had a luxury car and someone did this to it id surely break that persons legs( sorry mods and members if i come across really strongly, but surely this kind of preposterous behaviour is bound to bring out the hooligan in me)

I feel sorry for the OP. I would recommend first serving a notice and then stopping the payment. Secondly lodging a complaint at consumer cell asap.

Exactly, if you take legal recourse/complaint, it might take months as it did with flyingspur. Take 3-4 badmash along, get back the billed payment you gave. If you'd gone through the t-BHP directory, thing of this sort could've been avoided. They all must be patting themselves on the back for getting away with murder of your A4. The screwdriver dent could've been caused by then trying to fit the glass back & dropping the screwdriver in the process. Don't live with the 1000 bubbles install & heartburn for however long it takes for a solution from VKOOL/consumer court. Get your money back by direct threat & get Llumar premium installed at GYRO, his install perfection is worth a million dollars & he will remove older film with ease. GYRO is the only shop in Delhi where I feel confident leaving my car behind.

Last edited by JustCause : 16th June 2010 at 09:09.
JustCause is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2010, 09:27   #25
Senior - BHPian

A pristine, premium car is treated in this fashion. I am depressed..!! And add insult to injury by threatening to call cops. I don't trust any of the installers and have decided I will never install sun film, seat cover, ICE or anything in my new car.
poloman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2010, 10:01   #26
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by poloman View Post
I don't trust any of the installers and have decided I will never install sun film, seat cover, ICE or anything in my new car.
You are just being paranoid.

Be around your car when any non-manufacturer parts are being added to your car. Will eliminate any heart burn later.
Spitfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2010, 10:52   #27
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero Cool View Post
Id say forget the money, take some goons and thrash the living daylights out of these morons.
Hardly a solution. And this can also backfire badly.

Hey, you are living up to your username Don't get offended dude, I'm genuinely kidding.

Quote:
Originally Posted by poloman View Post
I don't trust any of the installers and have decided I will never install sun film, seat cover, ICE or anything in my new car.
That's a little extreme. The Bangalore guys are a very resourceful bunch. Look at their ownership threads and identify a good installer. Go to him with reference. And most likely they'll do a good job on your car.

It is very important to never leave your car with them, always be present while work is being carried out as far as possible. Atleast I firmly believe in this.
FlyingSpur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2010, 11:51   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingspur View Post

The Bangalore guys are a very resourceful bunch. .
Not very sure on this.
Even a good installer can have a bad day. I don't want it to be on my car.
I went for a seat cover and Autocop installation in my old zen and the experience was so bad. They broke each and every plastic in my car and even the seat was squeaking like hell after the fitment.
I am bit paranoiod on my new Polo.
poloman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2010, 14:32   #29
BHPian

The v-Kool film guys are pretty good. I had mine installed in Gurgaon by v-Kool themselves and got bubbles in a side window and the windshield within a week. I called them up, their General manager came to my residence, and acknowledged the defect and agreed to replace the 2 sections of film. However, by that time I was about to re-locate to Pune. So they agreed to have the replacement done by their Pune rep. which was done promptly when I called them up. I dealt with their GM, Narendra Alekar who is based in Mumbai but visits Delhi often. His no. is 9323641065.
Bomi
Bomi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2010, 15:42   #30
BHPian

Spoke to the MD of VKool India - Mr Sahni. He has already gotten in touch with Reliance Autozone and their Regional Manager is meeting with the AZ people tomorrow.

He was very gracious - and has promised to get to the bottom of the situation and ensure my satisfaction.

I hope this is not corporate mumbo-jumbo and genuinely satisfactory results emerge from this fiasco.
Speeding@160mph is offline   Reply With Quote