Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Old 13th August 2010, 12:54   #46
BHPian

LoL - I take back the closure bit. Its been 10 days since the sunfilm installation and there was still significant bubbling all over, so I called the VKool manager who sent over his technician.

Apparently, Once again, the front/rear/2 sides have excessive dust and water bubbles as well as scratches. The rear film is not sitting properly on the defogger strips and is almost coming off along the lines.

It seems like they will need to change the damn film again! I'm fed up and have told them to simply refund my money and I will take it over to 3M where they do a good job. Anybody know if Huper Optik is available in Delhi?
Speeding@160mph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th August 2010, 13:30   #47
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Speeding@160mph : The rear film is not sitting properly on the defogger strips and is almost coming off along the lines.
Please be very careful when they are working on the de-fogger strips.

Just in case things dont fit correctly this time too, what's the plan ?
condor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2010, 17:48   #48
BHPian

VKool has confirmed the 2nd installation of Sun Film is also sub-standard. There are dirt bubbles all over the front & sides. The rear film is 'spacing' out around the de-fogger strips which is also unacceptable.

They have offered to refund the full installation cost.

*** do i do now?!? Get him to uninstall the film and get 3M/Huper Optik?

Or stick with the faulty install inorder to avoid any possible damage to the de-fogger?
Speeding@160mph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th October 2010, 02:22   #49
BHPian

^^Have you got your money back from RAZ?
BANDHAV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th October 2010, 10:48   #50
Senior - BHPian

And i thought everything has been sorted out.

it was good on Reliance's part to bear the entire expenses though total damage to them was Rs. 1.7 lakhs (90,000 for spares & 80,000 for installing film twice), its hard to get compensation from such companies these days!

but they again screwed up! overall, i do understand that all this has left a very bad impression in your mind & Reliance is definitely attracting a lot of negative publicity for themselves despite all the corrective measures.

I would suggest you take your money back & opt for a better installer. this is not VKool's mistake, this is the classic example of a bad installer who knows nothing about his job.

Last edited by raj_5004 : 28th October 2010 at 10:51.
raj_5004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2011, 16:01   #51
BHPian

Default Re: Reliance Autozone/ V-Kool - Disastrous service + Damage to Car + Sheer Negligence

Sorry to bump this old thread, but I had a similar experience in Bangalore-

About a month ago, I wanted to change the seat covers on my Honda City and made an unfortunate visit to Autozone on Bannerghatta Road. Here is the sequence of events. As the work was supposed to take over 2 hours, I left the place assuming that good care would be taken. Upon return, I found out the following in dismay
  • They literally ripped the factory seat apart and the existing seat covers all together, damaging the cushoning
  • The work was so poorly executed that there were wrinkles all over the seats.
  • They managed to cut the armrest portion of the seatcover and damage the whole set, the sponze was visible from everywhere in the car.
  • They managed to rip out the rearseat back cover and leave that part open, I can see the sponze whenever the boot is open
I refused to pay and made a lot of noise. The store manager finally agreed to redo the work. I went in for a G-sport this time, as they said the G-sport authorised folks would carryout the work. But it turned out that their own folks did it and all the above issues still exist. I will post the pictures sometime soon, but Realiance Autozone is best avoided, these horor stories seem endless. They just good for car perfumes

Last edited by battada : 13th January 2011 at 16:06.
battada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd January 2011, 12:55   #52
BHPian

Default Re: Reliance Autozone/ V-Kool - Disastrous service + Damage to Car + Sheer Negligence

I also had a bad experience in Reliance Auto Zone at Reliance Mart - BG Road in Bangalore. I opted for a seatcover from auto form which they have told me 3500Rs at the time of selecting. However during the billing they have swiped the bar code which said the price is 6000Rs. Finally I argued and they gave some discount and it came to 5000+. They were ready to take the cover back and install some other cover. Since i did not had much time and no mood to han over the car again to them I paid and came back. They had 3 folks who have struggled to put the seat covers and I did not like their work.

Never ever I will go again. I would not recommend anyone also.
blorebuddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd January 2011, 20:41   #53
Senior - BHPian

The Reliance Autozone on BG road is not of professional quality. They just wanted to spring up another center and since they had the space, converted it into a make shift autozone. It feels like a dank godown whenever I visit them

The one near HSR layout is very good. But avoid weekends as there can be a mad rush

Surprisingly, this even happend to me with my seat covers back in Gurgaon Ambience Mall autozone. The price told to me when choosing was one, and after installing and billing was another. Anyway the price difference was not too much, and besides i had made several huge purchases from them, so didnt want to make an issue out of it
thedreamcatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd May 2012, 13:43   #54
BHPian

Wish I had seen this thread earlier. Yesterday I went to Reliance Autozone Basaveshwaranagar - Bangalore to get speakers and audio fitted on my new Swift. The service is shabby and handling of car is very negligent and bad. They messed up the car door inner panel and I now have to give the car to Maruti Service center to fix the same.

I am never going to set foot in a Reliance Autozone shop again.
satshen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd May 2012, 14:38   #55
BHPian

I am a regular customer at the Kharadi RelMart AZ. The chaps there are helpful and pretty well informed, however recently (3-4 months ago) they have some new staff who seem clueless!.

Anyways I did not get my sunfilm install from them but they did my seat covers a couple years ago and did a good job of it that time.

The only thing I go to them is to pickup detailing material (duster, car wash etc) and STP products when needed. For almost everything else it is a strict No-No for me.
torquecurve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2012, 14:32   #56
BHPian

Well I have not been to RAZ for any work, but yes went to them couple a days before (since I was in Ambi Mall and was Parking nearby) to get tyres changed. However there were very few options and only Michelin was X1 and not XM1 or XM2.
Now after hearing all the horror stories I think I would go to a certified Tyre Shop.

Personal preference : I keep away from Reliance - Be it Mobile Services, DTH, Internet, Insurance and everything else.
liferocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2012, 09:08   #57
BHPian

Yet another instance for me to strengthen my resolve for not using anything that has a reliance brand name on it. I have had a bitter experience with them when I took their broadband connection and Big TV.
bbops1 is offline   Reply With Quote