Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Old 31st July 2010, 00:00   #31

Default Here is the pic of the open rear seat

Quote:
Originally Posted by prmd_cochin View Post
Those seats have fitted in nicely, i guess this answers my quest for rear seats for my jeep. How do the rear passengers enter ?
Hi Prmd_cochin, i am attaching the pics of the rear seats in open position that will create space for the rear passengers to walk in and take their seats. Once both seats are open their enough luggage space that is created in the jeep.

I hope this helps.
Attached Thumbnails
Jeep Wrangler JK (Automatic) *Conversion*-img028.jpg  

Jeep Wrangler JK (Automatic) *Conversion*-img029.jpg  

rockcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2010, 14:31   #32
Senior - BHPian

thats a nice work going on there. How long do you think it will take before you take her out on the road ?
tanwaramit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2010, 16:00   #33
BHPian

Updates on the WIP .
prmd_cochin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th August 2010, 09:02   #34

Default Works Update - All mechanical and electical work completed

Hi All,

The jeep is ready to move on the road, the following work have been completed:
1. Carburetor is overhauled; the carb was opened almost to the scratch. All jets were opened and cleaned. The secondary butterfly was jammed and was the primary reason behind rough idle, it was cleaned and is working very well now.
The Asin carb was designed for a hot and cold (freezing) climate conditions. A number of features were designed for freezing cold conditions that operate below 50 degree coolant temperature i.e. Automatic Choke system, Choke Opener, Choke Breaker, Idle Up Automatic Auxiliary pump etc. In our case most of these things were not required because the weather conditions are very different in India. We have taken off all these features and now it works as a Weber/Holley carburetor.
A manual choke is invoked by pressing the accelerator, incase required for winter conditions giving us all we needed.
The carb has been fitted back in to the vehicle
2. The K&N air filter has also been installed for free air flow.
3. The automatic gear lever has been fitted to the vehicle and it looks awesome.
4. The steering is now much more responsive. Will check it out on the road after getting the wheel alignment done.
Works Pending
1. Canopee
2. Carpeting
3. Seat Covers
4. Rym and Tyres
5. Final coat of paint
6. Winch Mounting

There is still a list of some minor jobs pending. As my vacations are over, things are not going on as fast as they were. Plan to get all this done by Wednesday and should be driving it in Delhi next weekend.
rockcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th August 2010, 19:41   #35
Senior - BHPian

simply great!!
post some out door pictures.
what alloys are you using?
have you bought them?
what brand/size of tyres?
Quote:
3. The automatic gear lever has been fitted to the vehicle and it looks awesome.
post a pic man .
jeepster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th August 2010, 13:05   #36

Default The Monster is on the road!!!!!

Hi Guys,

Finally, we have a ready vehicle running on the road with everything that we wanted it to have. Driving this monster is great fun. We have so far driven it to Karol Bagh, certain areas of South Delhi and West Delhi.

As we all know that the rains are going hard on Delhi and it got difficult to complete a project that was so near to completion but we got good time to test the vehicle and get small-small problems fixed.

Lesson Learnt: Completing a vehicle takes a lot of time as there are so many small things to be done that we missed while planning our schedules.

Seat Covers, Carpeting, Roll Cage Cover & Canopy have been done at Mayapuri by Mr. Malothra. I think he has done a very decent job in all the areas.

We finally got the tyres and the ryms. We got Yokohama All Terrain tyres, size 273 / 70 R16 a little over 31 inches.

There was a lot of discussion, whether to put 33 inches, 32 inches or 31 inches but after looking at our RPM ratios, the original tyre cut out size decided to go in for a 31 inches tyre only.

It took some time to get the right profile as we wanted a good AT tyre as most of our drive will be on roads.

These match the profile of the jeep. In fact after putting the new tyres the steering control and the breaks, which we thought are giving some problems have all gone away. Actually the older tyres were almost gone flat and had very little contact with the road.

The final paint job has yet not been done and we are holding it off till about a month, the plan is to drive the vehicle as much as we can and correct all possible issues that could arise in near future when it is driven.

The final pictures are below….

Moving on……

I would like to request the moderators to post this thread back to 4*4 forums as I want to post some questions to the enthusiasts there.

Actually, we want to burn down this engine and gearbox and power it with an electronic engine of 3000 CC.

I insist on 1KZ-TE with a 4WD, while my friend insists on another automatic gear Mercedes 250D Electronic.
Would like to get some advise from other enthusiasts on this.
Attached Thumbnails
Jeep Wrangler JK (Automatic) *Conversion*-pic20.jpg  

Attached Images

rockcrawler is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27th August 2010, 23:39   #37
Senior - BHPian

just awesome!!
congrats rockcrawler.
waiting to see some 4x4 action after conversion.
Old 28th August 2010, 05:33   #38
KMT
BHPian

Great to see the quality of the finish. An autobox & 4WD is a great combination, you should start providing engineering consultancy services to M&M and Tata!!!
I am sure you will enjoy this machine.
KMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th August 2010, 08:03   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMT View Post
An autobox & 4WD is a great combination
it is 4x2 for now. will be converted to 4x4 later.
Old 6th October 2010, 17:07   #40
BHPian

what updates on the 4x4 conversion?
gt_mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2010, 17:17   #41
Senior - BHPian

Hey rock crawler that's one helluva good looking jeep you have there. What alloys are those ?
rjstyles69 is offline   Reply With Quote