Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 5th August 2011, 17:34   #16
Senior - BHPian
 
sushrutha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Chikmagalur/Ban
Posts: 1,702
Thanked: 323 Times
Default Re: Civic headlamp improvement

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinu2506 View Post
It is HB series. 9003 for high beam and 9004 for low beam
Yep HB series, but the numbers/series you have mentiond are wrong.
HB3 - 9005 - Highbeam
HB4 - 9006 - Lowbeam.
Please check the pic for the same (Zoom)
Civic headlamp improvement-copy-photo0064.jpg
sushrutha is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2011, 19:13   #17
BHPian
 
dinu2506's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 782
Thanked: 311 Times
Default Re: Civic headlamp improvement

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushrutha View Post
Yep HB series, but the numbers/series you have mentiond are wrong.
HB3 - 9005 - Highbeam
HB4 - 9006 - Lowbeam.
Please check the pic for the same (Zoom)
Attachment 588657
Sorry for the mixup in numbers. Lost track since I had upgraded to projectors a while back running H1 and H7.
dinu2506 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2011, 19:17   #18
BHPian
 
dinu2506's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 782
Thanked: 311 Times
Default Re: Civic headlamp improvement

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushrutha View Post
I have very recently put Morimoto Projectors for the Low Beam with 4300K Morimoto bulbs and HID kit.
High Beam is Philips 55W Crystal Vision 4300.
Fog lamps are Blazer Projector Fogs(Halogen 880 bulbs).
I'm very much Happy with light output of all 3 retrofits.
Did you buy this online? I'm running 6000K HID in the projectors low beam, wanted to know if I would be better off with 4300K?
dinu2506 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2011, 12:20   #19
Senior - BHPian
 
sushrutha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Chikmagalur/Ban
Posts: 1,702
Thanked: 323 Times
Default Re: Civic headlamp improvement

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinu2506 View Post
Did you buy this online? I'm running 6000K HID in the projectors low beam, wanted to know if I would be better off with 4300K?
Yep the blazer projectors were brought from THE RETROFIT SOURCE and shipped to US address.
MORIMOTOS too from TRS, But I got them from Cochin guy(Joice).

Buddy, isn't 6000K too much of bluish white ?
Frankly speaking I was too tempted with 5000K, but practically 4300K is the best in producing the proper light intensity & Luminosity for driving at night and somewhat in Rain too, when compared with 5000K,6000K & 8000K.
So I went with the 4300K Morimoto Bulbs.
I also have Philips Crystal vision 4300 bulbs in my high beam. (High beam is just amazing)
sushrutha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2011, 13:16   #20
BHPian
 
dinu2506's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 782
Thanked: 311 Times
Default Re: Civic headlamp improvement

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushrutha View Post
Buddy, isn't 6000K too much of bluish white ?
I would not say Bluish, but its on the whiter side. I too want to get 4300K, I wanted to know whether it is H1 or H7. I did not take a note of it when I installed. I remember it was H1 and H7, but which was low beam, I'm not sure. For Civic you need to access through the wheel well to check the low beam.
dinu2506 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2011, 15:29   #21
Senior - BHPian
 
sushrutha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Chikmagalur/Ban
Posts: 1,702
Thanked: 323 Times
Default Re: Civic headlamp improvement

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinu2506 View Post
I would not say Bluish, but its on the whiter side. I too want to get 4300K, I wanted to know whether it is H1 or H7. I did not take a note of it when I installed. I remember it was H1 and H7, but which was low beam, I'm not sure. For Civic you need to access through the wheel well to check the low beam.
I'm having H1 bulbs in the Mini Morimoto Projectors, which I have put on the Low Beams
sushrutha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th August 2011, 17:06   #22
Senior - BHPian
 
arun_josie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 2,244
Thanked: 4,016 Times
Default Re: Civic headlamp improvement

Do we get Philips Xtreme Power in bangalore? I checked in Reliance Auto Zone and they said these days only Philips Diamond Vision is available. But based on the feedback in team-bhp, I think Philips Xtreme Power is better. Please let me know where I can get Philips Xtreme Power in bangalore.

Any one has tried Osram?
arun_josie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2012, 18:27   #23
BHPian
 
devsoftech's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Santa Clara
Posts: 228
Thanked: 119 Times
Default Re: Civic headlamp improvement

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
Do we get Philips Xtreme Power in bangalore? I checked in Reliance Auto Zone and they said these days only Philips Diamond Vision is available. But based on the feedback in team-bhp, I think Philips Xtreme Power is better. Please let me know where I can get Philips Xtreme Power in bangalore.
Reference:
http://www.lighting.philips.co.in/v2/automotive/productrange.jsp?id=1012959&app=car&vp=white light_car&va=white light_car#0
(Check product listings - You will see HB4 and HB3 bulbs in inventory)

Low Beam Stock: SYLVANIA HB4 U 9006 12V 51W
Philips Crystal Vision Replacement: HB4 9006 CV 12.8V 55W P22d (http://www.lighting.philips.co.in/v2...=1345984928088)

Shop URL (at vicky.in): Philips - Headlamp - HB4 9006 CV 12.8V 55W P22d* B1 (Philips - Headlamp - HB4 9006 CV 12.8V 55W P22d B1)
INR 600 X 2

High Beam Stock: SYLVANIA HB3 U 9005 12v 60W
Philips Crystal Vision Replacement: HB3 9005 CV 12.8V 65W P20d (http://www.lighting.philips.co.in/v2...=1345984974353)
Shop URL (at vicky.in): Philips - Headlamp - HB3 9005 CV 12.8V 65W P20d B1 (Philips - Headlamp - HB3 9005 CV 12.8V 65W P20d B1)
INR 600 X 2

Do not go by the H4 image graphics (It does not look like CIVIC's bulb, but the product description is not ambigous)

http://www.vicky.in/shopping/special-bulbs - For other alternatives

Philips Xtreme vision is not available for HB3/HB4 - Even in philips site

Last edited by devsoftech : 26th August 2012 at 18:56. Reason: adding special bulb links
devsoftech is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2012, 19:24   #24
BHPian
 
devsoftech's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Santa Clara
Posts: 228
Thanked: 119 Times
Default Re: Civic headlamp improvement

Philips Diamond Vision is 5000K (more whitish) than Crystal Vision (4300K), Crystal vision has closer to OEM lighting. Its just the color temperature difference and not worth attracting the cops.

Philips Lighting India - DiamondVision - Philips

(Check product listings - You will see HB4 and HB3 bulbs in inventory)

Low Beam Stock: SYLVANIA HB4 U 9006 12V 51W
Philips Diamond Vision: HB4 9006 DV 12.8V 55W P22d
Shop URL (at vicky.in): Philips - Headlamp - HB4 9006 CV 12.8V 55W P22d* B1 (Philips - Headlamp - HB4 9006 CV 12.8V 55W P22d B1)
INR 600 X 2

High Beam Stock: SYLVANIA HB3 U 9005 12v 60W
Philips Diamond Vision: HB3 9005 DV 12.8V 65W P20d
Shop URL (at vicky.in): Philips - Headlamp - HB3 9005 CV 12.8V 65W P20d B1 (Philips - Headlamp - HB3 9005 CV 12.8V 65W P20d B1)
devsoftech is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2014, 04:50   #25
BHPian
 
pamiboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Cochin
Posts: 259
Thanked: 101 Times
Default Re: Civic headlamp improvement

Hi Guys,
Want to know what is the bulb type in 2008 Civic headlamp low beams and high beams. I want to upgrade to extra bright halogens.
Also want to know if HID / Xenons are compatible with Civic?
Do LED lights make significant improvement in brightness ? Is it worth going for that?
Thanks.
pamiboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2014, 19:34   #26
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 450
Thanked: 101 Times
Default Re: Civic headlamp improvement

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamiboy View Post
Hi Guys,
Want to know what is the bulb type in 2008 Civic headlamp low beams and high beams. I want to upgrade to extra bright halogens.
Also want to know if HID / Xenons are compatible with Civic?
Do LED lights make significant improvement in brightness ? Is it worth going for that?
Thanks.
Pls check the post earlier made on this .
It's HB3 - 9005 - Highbeam
HB4 - 9006 - Lowbeam.
saurabhkum is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2014, 08:05   #27
BHPian
 
pamiboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Cochin
Posts: 259
Thanked: 101 Times
Default Re: Civic headlamp improvement

Thanks Saurabhkum,

Just wanted to know if the parts have changed with the model year.
Would you have any information about HID conversion for Civic. I tried with the my Honda Dealer and a local Garage. They tried but couldn't do it... saying there isn't space in the headlamp assembly. Is this true?
Would you recommend going for LED headlights?
Cheers.
pamiboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2014, 08:41   #28
BHPian
 
audiophile's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 153
Thanked: 22 Times
Default Re: Civic headlamp improvement

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamiboy View Post
Thanks Saurabhkum,

Just wanted to know if the parts have changed with the model year.
Would you have any information about HID conversion for Civic. I tried with the my Honda Dealer and a local Garage. They tried but couldn't do it... saying there isn't space in the headlamp assembly. Is this true?
Would you recommend going for LED headlights?
Cheers.
@pamiboy- I've have a 07 civic and had absolutely no issues getting HID's fit into the Low beam as well as the fog lights. AFAIK there is sufficent place. Pics attached for your reference.
Attached Thumbnails
Civic headlamp improvement-20140212_170231.jpg  

Civic headlamp improvement-20140212_170241.jpg  

Civic headlamp improvement-20140212_170437.jpg  

Civic headlamp improvement-20140212_170458.jpg  

audiophile is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2014, 05:39   #29
BHPian
 
pamiboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Cochin
Posts: 259
Thanked: 101 Times
Default Re: Civic headlamp improvement

Awesome dude… May be the Garages in Cochin need some improvement. LOL.
pamiboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2014, 23:39   #30
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 450
Thanked: 101 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by audiophile View Post
@pamiboy- I've have a 07 civic and had absolutely no issues getting HID's fit into the Low beam as well as the fog lights. AFAIK there is sufficent place.
How much did the hid's cost for the fog lamp. They are looking very good , even I'm looking out for similar thing to be done for the fog lamp as I find low beam to be inadequate for night driving.
saurabhkum is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Handling improvement mods for Verna HKumar Modifications & Accessories 15 30th June 2010 13:40
M800 Air-Conditioning improvement? observer Modifications & Accessories 18 27th September 2009 00:45
V6 3L - Nissan VQ30DE - Mileage Improvement reitz Technical Stuff 9 25th February 2009 23:25


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 20:24.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks