Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Old 3rd November 2010, 16:07   #31
BHPian

@sankar,@justcause Would appreciate if you could share the mileage figures post installation.
glenrox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd November 2010, 18:15   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicki_Rau View Post
Guys,
Planning to buy an A Star LXi (selling my REVA).
Have the following changes in mind :-
1. Change the air filter (thanks for your inputs). ONE QUESTION-WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU GIVE YOUR CAR TO THE MARUTI SERVICE CENTRE? DO YOU NEED TO TELL THEM ABOUT YOUR NEW FILTER? + THAT THEY SHOULDNT SCREW WITH IT.
Best for you to do if you have a replacement type filter is remove the high flow filter yourself and install the stock filter before going for a service.I do the same even for my conical and reinstall the stock air intake before giving the car for servicing.
sumeethaldankar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2010, 11:12   #33
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Alternate Replacement Panel Filter

Now K&N have an alternate replacement filter available for the AStar with type 1 airbox, i don't know if this would fit the type 2 airbox.

33-2968 - K&N Replacement Filters, Replacement Air Filter

This filter might fit the new Swift 1.2 too as its airbox has a similar internal dimension to the type 1 AStar airbox.
Sankar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th December 2010, 19:29   #34

Default re: Cosworth Replacement Air-Filter

Got one installed in my diesel swift today! Was terrified when I saw the stock filters state

There was an immediate noticeable difference in acceleration.My car was is for 20000kms service. Hoping for better results after the service.

The chrome decal/emblem is drool worthy
viper911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th December 2010, 10:48   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenrox View Post
@sankar,@justcause Would appreciate if you could share the mileage figures post installation.

Long term mileage figures indicate an increase of <1 kmpl increase(could drive 30kms more on a full tank). I cannot hold this as a testimony as there are 'n' number of variables which can affect the mileage like that. So, all I can say that your mileage *may* increase but will never decrease.
JustCause is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2011, 20:06   #36
BHPian

Any cosworth dealers available in Trivandrum? Would like to source an air-filter for my 800 cc Alto. I tried a few shops, but it seems everyone is into K&N only.
jinojohnt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2011, 20:11   #37
Distinguished - BHPian

I installed a Cosworth filter on our '08 Wagon-R Millecento. Found a noticeable improvement in lugging power, but the old filter was in bad shape so its not truly an apples to apples compariosn.

Last edited by Mpower : 24th February 2011 at 22:14.
Mpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th February 2011, 10:05   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
I installed a Cosworth filter on our '08 Wagon-R Millecento. Found a noticeable improvement in lugging power, but the old filter was in bad shape so its not truly an apples to apples compariosn.
I normally replace the air filter (Alto 800 cc) every 10,000 km because the old filter gets pretty dirty by that time.
I don't experience much improvement in power with a new 'stock' filter, so I guess your noticed improvement on Cosworth is genuine.

Last edited by jinojohnt : 25th February 2011 at 10:08.
jinojohnt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2011, 11:55   #39
Distinguished - BHPian

I'd suggest people going in for an stock replacement filter for their AStar (with old airboxes like mine) and for their Swift 1.2 to give a thought to K&N too (33-2968).

Cosworth says their filter flows 10& more than stock paper filter, does anyone know the numbers? K&N in their website gives the 33-2968's flows 248.3CFM.

K&N looks better build and they give numbers, but the -ve being it needs oiling after cleaning.
Old 21st May 2011, 13:09   #40
BHPian

I spoke to the Cosworth people a few days back and they'd be happy to courier their parts for my car. I intend to order a stock replacement air filter for my Alto (MRP: 3300) and an exhaust tip (MRP 1950). Would anyone in Delhi/NCR like to order as well? We might get a company discount if we order in bulk (and certainly on the postage!).
I should be ordering around the first week of June. Let me know
arjyamaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2011, 00:24   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhuli View Post
To summarize, the Cosworth filter fitted in neatly in place of the manufacturer provided filter, which I was told needed replacing anyway (at 40K + kms). Overall, no regrets. Advantage seems to be in its maintenance.
How has your experience with the Cosworth filter been over the months? Still feel it is worth the money?
CBlazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th June 2011, 12:44   #42
BHPian

@ CBlazer: Apologies for the delay in responding. These days I have been driving an Innova more often than the WagonR with Cosworth. Honestly, my perceptions are not too different. IMO, the performance change, if any, is difficult to tell. I am hoping maintenance wise it is superior. Let me put it differently - there is nothing negative to report on Cosworth.
dhuli is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 31st January 2012, 14:27   #43
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
I'd suggest people going in for an stock replacement filter for their AStar (with old airboxes like mine) and for their Swift 1.2 to give a thought to K&N too (33-2968).

Cosworth says their filter flows 10& more than stock paper filter, does anyone know the numbers? K&N in their website gives the 33-2968's flows 248.3CFM.

K&N looks better build and they give numbers, but the -ve being it needs oiling after cleaning.
Sankar, how is your A-star doing? How is the Cosworth air filter?

I am thinking about getting the Cosworth replacement filter for my DDiS. Like you said, the main advantage when compared to K&N is that Cosworth is a dry filter. Makes it easier to clean on a regular basis. And I wonder whether all that oil will mess up the MAF sensor.

But do you think absence of oil hamper the filtering ability?

And the Cosworth filter looks as good as the K&N in the pictures. So what do mean by better build of K&N?
deetjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st January 2012, 15:14   #44
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
Sankar, how is your A-star doing? How is the Cosworth air filter?
My car is doing great. Im now using K&N stock replacement filter in my AStar. I found Cosworth to be better than stock and now finding the K&N to be better than Cosworth. There are no oil on sensor problems if oiled correctly, all is well in this regard.
Old 31st January 2012, 16:10   #45
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
Im now using K&N stock replacement filter in my AStar. I found Cosworth to be better than stock and now finding the K&N to be better than Cosworth.
Is the difference perceptible or very marginal (something which can be noticed only by back to back tests)? If its the former, I guess K&N maybe worth the hassle.

I had a Greens filter which is also oil based in our old car along with a CAI. And for good or bad, that was a dust magnet. Needed to clean them on a regular basis or there was a noticeable drop in performance. Don't know whether it was due to bad plumbing of the CAI. So, I am currently in two minds over air filters.

However, I think I will stick to a replacement filter this time around.
deetjohn is offline   Reply With Quote