Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Old 24th September 2010, 11:29   #76
BHPian

went through Race Chip site here is what they say about using their box for different cars

Quote for RAce chip web site :

It is possible to take RaceChip Chiptuning in other Common-Rail Diesel vehicles by our modern digital technique. Letīs say, today you drive a BMW 330d, you own as well a Mercedes Sprinter and/or a camper on a Fiat Ducato bodywork. All you need is a further connector. You get that as well for best price from us.
fuhrer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th September 2010, 12:16   #77

hey fuhrer thanx a lot for the info.... i have placed an order as soon as i read this.
insane11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th September 2010, 15:31   #78
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by insane11 View Post
hey fuhrer thanx a lot for the info.... i have placed an order as soon as i read this.
that was just the quote from their website did you confirm it with the experts?
Old 24th September 2010, 23:41   #79

@fuhrer - well its ok because i am not going to sell off my swift at least for a year or 2.Yes! i called them and confirmed this with them.
Old 25th September 2010, 01:07   #80
BHPian

@insane11, good that you did the required research before going forward, i was scared whether i misguided you. feels much better now. please update the shopping and shipping experiences, awaiting for updates on the product as well
either ways it sounds like a cheaper deal than Petes, even if you have to buy a different box for different crdi units. By the way have you ordered the pro or the regular box? both of them has the same flexibility right?

With all due respect Petes is an amazing device as GTO said tested and proved my cousin it using it in his viva crdi for few years now. not even a single compliant, the last time when i drove his car it was in +1 settings with k&n filter and the third gear felt like first gear had so much of acceleration the speedometer was climbing like rpm meter

coming back to Race chip its been used by members in expensive cars like 320d and q7 4.2 and it has tuv certification.these factors make it convincing.
Old 25th September 2010, 23:25   #81

@fuhrer - definitely i will give you the updates and i have ordered for regular box which i got it for 153.40 euro which is Rs 9510 and that's very cheap ! Also, i have installed Pipercross filter (stock replacement).
Old 28th September 2010, 10:56   #82

Cool

Race Chip (German) for Diesel Cars for Rs. 17,500-20100927-22.17.31.jpg

Race Chip (German) for Diesel Cars for Rs. 17,500-20100927-22.47.52.jpg

My Race chip is here for my Blacebeauty Swift Vdi ...
Guys I just need suggestions on installing my racechip ,should I go to any mechanic to install it or should i do it myself?? Also,

1) Do i need to remove my battery connections before connecting?
2) How to adjust the setting inside the box as I was a bit confused after reading the manual that if I increase the knob for better efficiency then will my power reduce and that means i have to adjust the nob each time according to my necessity ??

Last edited by Amartya : 28th September 2010 at 11:12. Reason: Formatted the post for readability.
Old 28th September 2010, 11:19   #83
BHPian

you can do it yourself if you are sure about it. else take it to someone who knows about it.

Yes, you should remove the battery terminals and wait for couple mins, then connect it.
Make sure you make a clear note of the order of the connectors before you remove them. to be safe remove one at time and connect the race chip cable, when you are done connect the cable to the tuning chip then connect the power cable.

As of now it is better you drive it with the default settings, you can change them later.(this is how it works with petes hope the same is applicable for race chip, users please comment on this)

P.S. how many days did it take from order to delivery and did they charge you import duty ?

Last edited by fuhrer : 28th September 2010 at 11:23.
Old 28th September 2010, 13:20   #84

I ordered on 24th sept and i got it yesterday on 27th , so thats very fast. Yes they charged Rs 2500 for import duty but then its still less then half the cost from others .
Old 28th September 2010, 15:12   #85
BHPian

Please record the complete process of installation, that would help other incase they go this way. I am still waiting for 4x4Addict to get that installed on his Scorpio and report back with the gain!

-Pramod
pramods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2010, 10:13   #86
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by insane11 View Post
Guys I just need suggestions on installing my racechip ,should I go to any mechanic to install it or should i do it myself??
Quote:
Originally Posted by pramods View Post
Please record the complete process of installation, that would help other incase they go this way.
The opening post of this thread has information on installing power boxes. Fairly simple. However, if you are unsure, get it installed by a garage.

@ Insane11 : Please do create a new thread with a complete review once you've logged on 1000 - 5000 kms on the Racechip. Thanks
GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2010, 19:43   #87
BHPian

A heads-up to Octavia owners wanting to buy this for their cars.

I was interested in buying this for my Octy. One of my friend was in UK recently and he agreed to bring it from there. However I was sceptical as the engine tune with which the Octy was sold in India was not in their list although the engine was there (1.9 TDI). We have a 66kW 90PS tune whereas the closest that they had on there was 101PS.

So I wrote to them asking if the Skoda chip that they are selling will fit my vehicle or not. I got a prompt reply (within 2 hours of sending the mail) telling me it will NOT fit my vehicle :( and that they don't have a chip for the Skoda Octy engine tuning sold in India.
Cesc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th November 2010, 21:25   #88
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kailashnj View Post
If you are going for the PRO version, I am sure sure you can with the change in the connector crdi cable and the updated maps from Racechip. Suggest you can discuss this with their sales team and get that information as I am just speculating. But I know for sure they do sell the cables without the box as I had to get that ordered for my car after the rats had chewed it up.
kailashnj i see that you have a punto 1.3 mjd ,so i take that you bought the box for the punto?
Chiptuning RaceChip - Fiat Grande Punto 1.3 JTD 16V Multijet, 1248ccm, 55kW (ca.75PS)
is it the someone you bought?
amulu10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th November 2010, 10:35   #89
Senior - BHPian

it has been almost two months since insane11 got the race chip. NO updates?? Kindly share your experience
goandude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th November 2010, 12:06   #90

Thumbs up

sorry guys!!! for delay as i was out of country for some work :-(. But ya after installing the Race chip i am experiencing enormous boost in the acceleration and i love it ! I had been on Mumnai-pune express highway and i reached the top speed of 170kmph and my car was still responding for more but due to wet weather conditions i dint push for more. The best part of the journey the average i got ... was 15kmpl which was awesome !!