Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Old 23rd August 2010, 19:31   #31
BHPian

This looks really useful.
Considering getting one for the NHC.
Could someone please share details for where a similar quality armrest can be found in Mumbai.
kadanaJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd August 2010, 19:35   #32
BHPian

Good find, can it be used on the Punto as well? There is one available on Ebay, just a basic one, am sure it is'nt equipped with a height adjust for sure.

eBay India: Universal Car Arm Rest / Hand Rest Big Black Color (item 180551558753 end time 22-Sep-2010 11:16:50 IST)

@Amal - what brand is this again?
raamki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2010, 06:34   #33
knp
BHPian

the ebay one is height adjustable. my friend has got one for his punto. there are two sizes, small and large. all small would go well for hatches.
knp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2010, 20:31   #34
Senior - BHPian

Sorry for asking,as amalji had already answered the query for the armrest in wagonR.
But i do not have Carnation in our city, so please anyone let me know of car accessory shops that professionally do so in TVM.
p.s- the wagonR is too narrow between the front two seats,wouldn't the armrest foul with the seat adjustment travel?
DicKy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2010, 13:26   #35
BHPian

And this brings up an interesting question. If this only costs Rs.1300 in the market and takes less than 2 hours to fix but at the same time can mean so much to a lot of folks, why don't the manufacturers bring this out with the car?
SafeDrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2010, 14:45   #36
BHPian

@amal thanks for this post, i was looking for something like this.
@raamki thanks for the ebay link, might get one for the Fiesta
yajaman99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2010, 20:16   #37
BHPian

ordered the item available on ebay, had a 10% gv to use, paid rs.1529 for it, found a couple of install pics on the seller's profile for this item, looks like an install on the Punto going by the seat fabric and the badge.

Install link with pics : Arm rest installation :: Armrestinstallation slideshow by sathishbabu80 - Photobucket

Ebay Purchase link: eBay India: Universal Car Arm Rest / Hand Rest Big Black Color (item 180551558753 end time 22-Sep-2010 11:16:50 IST)

I'll try using a double sided tape to see how it holds up initially, will get it screwed on if that doesn't work.
raamki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2010, 15:11   #38
BHPian

It may be a repeat.. .any idea (help) on fitting into i20.
classicselva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2010, 16:25   #39
BHPian

Nice - I will check it out at the eBay shop directly this weekend. Johan Car Jewels, Ashok Nagar.

The Figo badly begs for one.
Brix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2010, 18:27   #40
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amalji View Post

Cost was Rs. 1300/-
@ Amalji, Did you buy this item in Carnation or bought the item feom somewhere and just installed it from Carnation? I am asking this since I am seeing prices above 1300/- on eBay and was wondering how can it be chepaer in Carnation? And also did they charge anything extra for fitting this? Are the charges inclusive of everything?
swiftnfurious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2010, 19:53   #41
BHPian

@raamki - kool, please do post pics of the unit. I saw on ebay he mentioned beige color as well, the would match the Fiesta's interior.
yajaman99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th August 2010, 00:02   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brix View Post
Nice - I will check it out at the eBay shop directly this weekend. Johan Car Jewels, Ashok Nagar.

The Figo badly begs for one.
I too wanted to check that Place, I'm not sure if I'll be able to this weekend though, Please post your updates Brix. I would love to see how it looks on the Figo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by knp View Post
the ebay one is height adjustable. my friend has got one for his punto. there are two sizes, small and large. all small would go well for hatches.
If possible can you please post some pictures of it, Especially from the back seat. Also how's the finish?

Quote:
Originally Posted by neutralgrey View Post
@aargee: My friend also wants an armrest in his car and is planning to take it to Carnation, Guindy. Will update you if he gets it done there
Is it available in Carnation, Guindy. Any updates on your friends car?
mathew1105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th August 2010, 16:11   #43
Senior - BHPian

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by raamki View Post

@Amal - what brand is this again?
I visited carnation again. They told, their stock is out after my post on team-bhp! The bad news is that the price for the new stock is 1900. The said they can arrange discounts. But, I guess even after discounts, it should cost around 1700 - 1800

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
@ Amalji, Did you buy this item in Carnation or bought the item feom somewhere and just installed it from Carnation? I am asking this since I am seeing prices above 1300/- on eBay and was wondering how can it be chepaer in Carnation? And also did they charge anything extra for fitting this? Are the charges inclusive of everything?
Bought it and fixed it from carnation. Price was all inclusive. But, now they say 1900 is the price for the new stock. So, if you are lucky enough to find an old stock, you may get it at a cheaper price.

PS: If my memory is correct, the actual cost for armrest when I purchased it was Rs. 1400/- I got it at a discount price of 1300/- then.
amalji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th August 2010, 16:12   #44
BHPian

I received this today from the seller on Ebay. I had ordered a Biege one in large.Basically, there are three parts 1) The actual arm rest with it's box 2) a base mount onto which the box is screwed. 3) A pair of legs onto which the base is scrwed.

The box is big and has decent space. What's nice is that the armrest in the large is extensible and the whole box can be lifted up when not in use and the quality of the plastic and the leather isn't that bad.

Unfortunately, for me, it's not a straight fit onto the Fiesta.On first glance, there are two issues a) The base mount is not wide enough to fit in neatly over the cupholders. b) The legs are not long enough to reach the floor.

I think a custom frame in wood/metal would be needed if one has to fit this on the Fiesta. Will try to post some pictures on the weekend.

Can anybody recommend any good local guy in Bangalore who can help with such a custom frame?
unni_s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th August 2010, 18:49   #45
Distinguished - BHPian

I have seen the same this long back in Emperor (Cochin). It is still available. Think, they even quoted 1300/-
naveen.raju is offline   Reply With Quote