Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Old 22nd November 2005, 13:35   #1
BHPian

Default armrests for the front .

Is it possible to fit center armrests for the driver & co driver.I have a getz & do a lot of highway driving.I miss this feature a lot...HELP !!!
chandan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd November 2005, 14:00   #2
Senior - BHPian

yeah i would like it in the zen too.got used to it when i drive the baleno so when i drive the zen i miss it.

Rev
revtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd November 2005, 14:32   #3
Senior - BHPian

Me too, need it in my sumo. Very comfy for long journeys.
nitrous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd November 2005, 15:44   #4
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

well i hav attached an armrest in between the front seats...u can go to any accessory shop and look for one.the armrest also has a storage space in it for ur small knick knacks.it gets attached to the floor of the car through a couple of screws and is very comfortable during long drives.it will cost u anywhere around 500-740 bucks and is also adjustable to the drivers height.i.e.,the height at which the drier wud rest his hand.one slight drawback it is a little bit difficult to pull the handbrake.....for normal traffic runs its good nuff but if ur the kinds to pull hanbrake turns..avoid.
hellspawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2005, 16:30   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellspawn
well i hav attached an armrest in between the front seats...u can go to any accessory shop and look for one.the armrest also has a storage space in it for ur small knick knacks.it gets attached to the floor of the car through a couple of screws and is very comfortable during long drives.it will cost u anywhere around 500-740 bucks and is also adjustable to the drivers height.i.e.,the height at which the drier wud rest his hand.one slight drawback it is a little bit difficult to pull the handbrake.....for normal traffic runs its good nuff but if ur the kinds to pull hanbrake turns..avoid.
This works on older cars like Zen & Esteem,but not in the new ones like Palio,Getz etc...Any other way,let me know ...
chandan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2005, 21:38   #6
Senior - BHPian

no it wont really come in the way as its not so high or at the same level as the gear shift knob.its much lower and very convinient.ive really got used to it in the baleno and now when i drive the zen i miss it.

Rev
Old 26th November 2005, 02:16   #7
Senior - BHPian

yeah thats what we are talking about.Huh mini fridhe into it ?? what did you mean by that ?

Rev
Old 26th November 2005, 14:33   #8
bhp
BHPian

i had seen front arm rests fitted in an indica at the service station . they looked as if they were taken frm the safari or the top end scorpio . i wanna get them fitted too ....
bhp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2005, 17:25   #9
Senior - BHPian

There is this refrigirator type handrest for the front seat. It's a bit big, but then u get to store small stuff in it. Very neat, it costs arnd 2.5k
karthik247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th April 2006, 12:29   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by punka23
Ahhh ok ur talkin bout the center armrest... yea yea i've seen it in the esteem n baleno.. very good. My unc's Ikon has it too. He's even put a Mini-Fridge into it... crazy ha
Punka23, in my 2006-baleno-vxi i dont have a center armrest (in front) they have just given a small box with cover which is pretty much behind the normal hand rest position?

Is there a decent front seat center arm-rest available for baleno in bangalore?
venkatrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th April 2006, 13:24   #11
Senior - BHPian

Guys,

Can anyone tell me where I can get an armrest for the Octavia. I tried finding out at various accessory shops but everywhere I got the same reply " Skoda ka company mein milega". So I went and asked the dealers and got a quote for 6000 Rs.
normally_crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th April 2006, 14:24   #12
aZa
Senior - BHPian

I got custom one fitted from a local seat cover dealer its hard with foam and its color coded in art leather black and red. No functions of storing anything inside it though. At the dealer i saw ones with some portable fridges inside and whatnot, but they were in silver/black finish and didn't look durable enuff.
aZa is offline   Reply With Quote