Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Old 27th September 2010, 11:28   #31
BHPian

Checked out the My Shaldan fragrances at a Reliance Autozone, was ok, but realized I am not a big fan of Fruity smells.

Picked up a Dr. Marcus "Senso deluxe" gel-based freshner from there. The fragrance is named "Ocean", really love it , but still to install it in the car.
jayded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2010, 16:30   #32
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by N!Ne-T-N!Ne View Post
Hi everyone,

Can you guys pls let me know which My Shaldan fragrances you use?

I just purchased a My Shaldan - Lemon fragrance from BigBazaar today. The fragrance was original. Unfortunately, I did not like it one bit :( . The smell was too fruit-y, and a little strong too. And because I purchased the Lemon fragrance, the car was reeking of lemon by the time I got home (my 10-year-old cousin actually felt nauseous) :( .

I have generally heard positive feedback on this thread so please let me know which fragrances do you guys prefer. FYI, I have always used Ambi-pur, and they have a "flower-y" line of fragrances as against the fruit-flavoured ones of My Shaldan.
Orange is much better, lime is not. I used 2-3 times. But stopped all of them.

My conscience says, stay away from these "Chemicals" - something isn't good. See my question below, looks no once noticed.
agbenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2010, 23:11   #33
BHPian

I too did find the My shaldan to be very strong initially.

Jugaad - What i did to reduce the intensity was to wrap up the top with the plastic cling wrap sheet. (The one used in our kitchens to wrap sandwiches/bowls etc.

After that i opened up a little of it, just a cm & closed the plastic cover.

This has reduced the intensity to a great extent ! No complaints from fellow passengers !

nirmaljusdoit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2010, 15:21   #34
BHPian

The SECRET of My Shaldan is LIMONENE OIL which is derived from orange peels by a cold-pressing technique. The Japanese company claims that 1 can of My Shaldan contains limonene oil derived from 500 orange peels ! Superb !

Hence the best part of My Shaldan is that its base is natural, unlike those chemicals of Ambi Pur. Limonene Oil also has various benefits according to Chinese medicine and Aromatherapy. It aids digestion, promotes creative thinking, fights lethargy etc etc. And trust me they all work for me, which is why Im a die-hard fan of this product.

Tip 1: For those who do not like very strong fragrances, do not open the can completely. Just open it slightly and leave it as it is.

Tip 2: Try a combination of 2 cans together in a car.. eg. Rose + Lemon or Orange + Lime etc. Works wonders.
ashm99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2010, 18:47   #35
Senior - BHPian

I had a can of Shaldan and I found it to be short lasting and the candle is elevated from the bottom to give a feel of a large portion of the candle stick/fragrance stick. It got over quickly and I feel did not deserve the price tag.
prince_pervez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th October 2010, 14:20   #36
BHPian

Thumbs up Reason for inverted candle in My Shaldan

I asked the company the reason of having an inverted umbrella like fixture in the can and why was the can empty below this fixture. Well, the real reason is not to make the can look bigger, but theres a scientific reason -

For any air freshener, the fragrance intensity is proportional to the surface area (the area in contact with the air). By doing this fixture thing, they actually increase the surface area. The gel comes in contact with air not only from the top but also from the bottom, hence providing more fragrance !
ashm99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th February 2011, 12:10   #37
BHPian

Default re: My Shaldan Car Air Freshener - Genuine v/s Fake - You won't believe this!

Have they launched a Rose fragrance now? Can anyone please confirm? I saw it one shop and interested to know if it is genuine!
sanjaykk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15th February 2011, 15:08   #38
BHPian

Default re: My Shaldan Car Air Freshener - Genuine v/s Fake - You won't believe this!

Hi All
Wanted to ask this query (may sound stupid but really !) why do we need to keep the freshner, is it because of any pure cosmetic value or some real value add ? ( I use only mild ones-Lavender being my fav)

rgds
DP
Dieseldunk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15th February 2011, 15:27   #39
Senior - BHPian

Got myself a can of perfume today. 220 for a can. This is a new can.
Attached Thumbnails
My Shaldan Car Air Freshener - Genuine v/s Fake - You won't believe this!-img00222201102151523.jpg  

My Shaldan Car Air Freshener - Genuine v/s Fake - You won't believe this!-img00223201102151523.jpg  

naveen.raju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2011, 12:51   #40
Senior - BHPian

Tell me if I open the lid fully and then cover 2/3rds of the mouth with a cardboard or something, will the fragrance last longer?

I am asking this because with 2/3rds of the mouth covered the evaporation rate will also reduce hence (maybe) making the can last longer. Anyone tried that?
deky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2011, 12:58   #41
Awaiting Email Confirmation

What do you guys think, are these original:

shaldan, Cars Bikes items at low prices on eBay India

I never tried these, so want to give it a shot.
nitin.dangayach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2011, 13:49   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitin.dangayach View Post
What do you guys think, are these original:

shaldan, Cars Bikes items at low prices on eBay India

I never tried these, so want to give it a shot.
The MRP of the item in any shop is Rs 225 hence the risk is not worth taking bcos you would not be saving much.

Regarding these being original, it would be difficult to say by just looking at the pictures. I believe even in the worst case, you are still protected by the "Paisa Pay" policy of ebay.

Last edited by f1fan : 16th February 2011 at 13:54.
f1fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2011, 14:03   #43
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Its not about saving money but at the moment this is the only way I can procure this stuff. I've never seen this brand in the local stores.

Seeing all this praise, I wanted to try one.

Also how long does one pack last ?
nitin.dangayach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2011, 13:28   #44
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Note from Support : Team-BHP STRICTLY prohibits any buy, sell, group buy or group sale offers. DO NOT make any offers, commercial or otherwise, to forum members publicly or via PM.
GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2011, 14:52   #45
BHPian

Default Re: Reason for inverted candle in My Shaldan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashm99 View Post
For any air freshener, the fragrance intensity is proportional to the surface area (the area in contact with the air). By doing this fixture thing, they actually increase the surface area. The gel comes in contact with air not only from the top but also from the bottom, hence providing more fragrance !
I am not able to understand this logic. When you open the can, the gel is exposed to air only at the top. I am not sure how will the bottom be exposed to air?

I still feel the inverted umbrella type part inside is only to make people feel there is lots of air freshner inside.
prabhusati is offline   Reply With Quote