Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Old 19th February 2011, 20:29   #46
Senior - BHPian

Default re: My Shaldan Car Air Freshener - Genuine v/s Fake - You won't believe this!

LOL I got this fancy gel fragnance which smelt nice the first day. Post that it is just sitting there doing nothing. What a sham...

Next time I will only depend on Reliance Mart for all this stuff

Cheers
Ricky_63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2011, 23:48   #47
BHPian

Default Re: Reason for inverted candle in My Shaldan

Quote:
Originally Posted by prabhusati View Post
I am not able to understand this logic. When you open the can, the gel is exposed to air only at the top. I am not sure how will the bottom be exposed to air?

I still feel the inverted umbrella type part inside is only to make people feel there is lots of air freshner inside.
prabhusati - You're right that for the first few days, the inverted umbrella won't matter..But, it starts making a difference from 10th day onwards when the air is able to penetrate the inside. Thats when the increased surface area theory makes an impact and increases life of the product ! Im sure those guys do have a point as Japs would be the last people on earth to indulge in this only for the sake of marketing gimmicks (I guess thats a birthright of the US & Korean manufacturers...!)
ashm99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2011, 00:24   #48
BHPian

Default re: My Shaldan Car Air Freshener - Genuine v/s Fake - You won't believe this!

Just picked up Shaldan Citrus form JC Road. I could not remember the details about how to identify the fake one while at the shop but thankfully after checking this thread again, it seems to be the original one. The fragrance hit me with a blast when I opened it but now I hardly notice it after a while.

Picked it up for 170. I am certain 160 would have been possible but I did not give the tough look when I quoted the figure and he repeated his adamant stance. Then even as the shopkeeper was adamant about the 180 price, I fished out exact change in 170 and walked away with it.

The other part I wanted to mention, is that the shop owners have a family trait - of being endowed with a "hasmuskh chehra" and attitude. I tell you it is a blessing!! Reminded me of a cutting edge book on genetics about how attitude, emotions and environment can influences genes and this was a clear case and example of how it runs in the family from Father to Son. I noticed the trait in both and complimented them about it as I left. It was very very heartening and inspiring to see their personality. How I wish the whole lot of Indian population was gifted with that demeanor. Life would be so wonderful if the man on the street displayed a similar demeanor!

Now let me make locating this shop a "treasure hunt" for all future visitors. The only clue I will give is they have a holographic photo of the HAJ/Mecca on the left wall.

I am wary about chemicals so if this product is truly natural, I will stick to it.

Cheers

Last edited by Ragul : 20th February 2011 at 00:29.
Ragul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2011, 01:00   #49
Senior - BHPian

The smell is pretty strong for the first few days if you keep it open constantly

To preserve the smell, what I used to do was, close it and put it in the glovebox, and then when I leave the car for a long time, open it up. Also, ensure you dont leave it exposed to sun light. It looses its effect faster
thedreamcatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2011, 02:10   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitin.dangayach View Post
What do you guys think, are these original:

shaldan, Cars Bikes items at low prices on eBay India

I never tried these, so want to give it a shot.
eBay India: MY SHALDAN AIR FRESHENER : ORANGE (item 140499572554 end time 10-Feb-2011 09:57:20 IST)

this is the one that i bought. they were genuine.
govigov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2011, 10:55   #51
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Based on Ghodlur's comment, picked up one from Home Town in Vikhroli.
MRP 225. Got it for Rs 187, 25% off.

Was slightly confused when I bought it, as the can said "My Shaldan Neo". Is that a diff product range?

Opened it up today and the color is perfect green (Lime). But the quantity seemed less. The can was filled till around 60% of the space (unlike the picture shown in the first post which was filled to the brim.)

Last edited by SDP : 20th February 2011 at 11:00.
SDP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2011, 12:52   #52
BHPian

I got this from the Hyundai showroom when I purchased my car a month back. He said that it would last 45 days easily.

But, it certainly did not. I hardly notice the smell off late.

I put near the gear rod and kept it open all the time.

Lesson Learned: Do NOT expose it to direct sunlight and put it in the glove box or something when you're leaving your car for long in the open air parking (for ex office, etc). It will die in less than a month.
Attached Thumbnails
My Shaldan Car Air Freshener - Genuine v/s Fake - You won't believe this!-imag0058.jpg  

flyingkolors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2011, 18:01   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post
Based on Ghodlur's comment, picked up one from Home Town in Vikhroli.
MRP 225. Got it for Rs 187, 25% off.

Was slightly confused when I bought it, as the can said "My Shaldan Neo". Is that a diff product range?

Opened it up today and the color is perfect green (Lime). But the quantity seemed less. The can was filled till around 60% of the space (unlike the picture shown in the first post which was filled to the brim.)
SDP - It seems Neo is an advanced version of My Shaldan, which is specifically suited for the car. People often feel it is more expensive because of the stand and double-sided tape. But its not so. The company ppl clarified that Shaldan Neo has better resistance to heat and sunlight. It also does not have the inverted umbrella inside. It has a stronger fragrance intensity than basic My Shaldan.

187 for Shaldan Neo at Home Town is a SUPERBBbbbbb deal !!!!!!! Ill run and get atleast 12 pcs for myself tomorrow. Thanks a lot for informing
Old 4th March 2011, 19:16   #54
Awaiting Email Confirmation

At Reliance Auto Gurgaon, I picked three for myself and got a 25% discount. Net price is around 167 bucks.

I think gurgaon folks can get them cheap.
nitin.dangayach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2011, 19:43   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitin.dangayach View Post
At Reliance Auto Gurgaon, I picked three for myself and got a 25% discount. Net price is around 167 bucks.

I think gurgaon folks can get them cheap.
You picked it from Reliance Auto, Ambience Mall? And which one did you buy? The My Shaldan Neo or normal one?
maverick145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2011, 20:51   #56
Awaiting Email Confirmation

^^^
Yupp ! The Ambience Mall.

I believe the NEO is the one with the stand. That one was actually for the same price but the quantity seemed to be less. So bought the normal ones.

Also they suggested me to put it under the seat, to elongate the life. Makes sense I guess.
nitin.dangayach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2011, 21:41   #57
BHPian

But how do you place it under the seat? Won't it topple off while driving? Or do they come with something that sticks their base?
maverick145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2011, 00:21   #58
BHPian

i buy Senso from Dr. Marcus get it from reliance autozone, looks and smell better than shaldan
Mindgrinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th March 2011, 14:16   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindgrinder View Post
i buy Senso from Dr. Marcus get it from reliance autozone, looks and smell better than shaldan
To mindgrinder - Even Senso Deluxe Gel is a very good product and I personally prefer the Ocean fragrance ! Which one did you buy ?
Old 14th March 2011, 12:45   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashm99 View Post
To mindgrinder - Even Senso Deluxe Gel is a very good product and I personally prefer the Ocean fragrance ! Which one did you buy ?
i have a spray for ocean, but Gel i got is black one Ocean is really amazing though....
Mindgrinder is offline   Reply With Quote