Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Old 11th July 2011, 12:15   #91
Team-BHP Support

Default re: My Shaldan Car Air Freshener - Genuine v/s Fake - You won't believe this!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
Picked up a few for Rs 180/- each from this place at opera house.
If anyone is wondering about the authenticity, here's what they look like :

My Shaldan Car Air Freshener - Genuine v/s Fake - You won't believe this!-20110711-12.11.26.jpg

My Shaldan Car Air Freshener - Genuine v/s Fake - You won't believe this!-20110711-12.11.50.jpg

(and yes the gel inside is coloured, not white)

cya
R
Rehaan is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11th July 2011, 13:37   #92
BHPian

Default re: My Shaldan Car Air Freshener - Genuine v/s Fake - You won't believe this!

Thanks for the heads up guys..was thinking of buying one and this thread is a real eye opener. BTW, which fragrance to go for? I prefer something strong and natural.
dre@ms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th July 2011, 14:06   #93
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
If anyone is wondering about the authenticity, here's what they look like :

(and yes the gel inside is coloured, not white)

cya
R
They look like the real thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dre@ms View Post
Thanks for the heads up guys..was thinking of buying one and this thread is a real eye opener. BTW, which fragrance to go for? I prefer something strong and natural.
Orange, Lime and Lemon are strong natural fragrances. Make sure you buy the regular Shaldan and not the Neo.
Captain Slow is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23rd July 2011, 09:25   #94
BHPian

Well, I got a fake one from ebay & I left negative feedback for the seller. Thanks to this thread for helping me figure out that the actual shaldan product smells better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Ravi View Post
My Shaldan is available in ebay.in. Both My Shaldan and My Shaldan Neo are available in Reliance Autozone.
I got a fake shaldan when I ordered from the seller the above link.

Last edited by mobike008 : 23rd July 2011 at 10:05. Reason: Back to Back Posts....Wait for 30 mins before making a new post
hajaar is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23rd July 2011, 09:40   #95
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hajaar View Post
I got a fake shaldan when I ordered from the seller the above link.
Thanks for the information, hajaar. Yes, I saw many negative comments. I am sorry for having given the link.
J.Ravi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd July 2011, 09:50   #96
BHPian

Where can i get one of these in chennai?
How much will it cost?
Which flavor smells the best?
I have used a few car fresheners, but nothing to my liking.
I want something very mild. Is this the right choice?
Visaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd July 2011, 11:49   #97
BHPian

Still trying to figure out the stores. Guys any info on the availability in Pimpri Chinchwad / Aundh in Pune, Pls let me know.
Looking for the older version of My Shaldan and not the new one.
Maverick79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th July 2011, 18:42   #98
BHPian

The seller contacted me and tried to convince me that the fake shaldan is as good as the real one. He also seems to have received another negative feedback on selling a fake shaldan product. He said that I could keep the fake one and that he would send across a genuine product. Also, he knows about this thread on teambhp.

My advice: stick to buying the product from reputed brick & mortar stores.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visaster View Post
How much will it cost?

The shaldan neo is available at the EA big bazaar. I found it out today and purchased the orange fragrance for Rs 249/- .

Last edited by hajaar : 24th July 2011 at 18:43.
hajaar is online now   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24th July 2011, 22:18   #99
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick79 View Post
Still trying to figure out the stores. Guys any info on the availability in Pimpri Chinchwad / Aundh in Pune, Pls let me know.
Looking for the older version of My Shaldan and not the new one.
Hi Maverick, you may try Siddhi Car Care and Decore on JM Road. Just yesterday only, I had been to them and noticed a range of these products on shelves.
Actually I haven't tried any air-fresheners, happened to read this thread just couple of days back and again seeing them in store reminded me of visiting this thread again!
iSpoke is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25th July 2011, 12:28   #100
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iSpoke View Post
Hi Maverick, you may try Siddhi Car Care and Decore on JM Road. Just yesterday only, I had been to them and noticed a range of these products on shelves.
Actually I haven't tried any air-fresheners, happened to read this thread just couple of days back and again seeing them in store reminded me of visiting this thread again!
Thank you iSpoke. I was correct in guessing it would be available in Siddhi, JM road. I was actually looking for a stores in and around PCMC or Aundh as going to JM road only for this doesn't make sense. Anyways, it seems to be the last and only option.
Before that, need to check with 'Car Art' near the Big Bazaar in Pimpri. I feel he too has good collection as I vaguely remember, when I was scouting for seat covers some 3 months back from him.
Old 30th July 2011, 20:19   #101
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hajaar View Post
The seller contacted me and tried to convince me that the fake shaldan is as good as the real one. He also seems to have received another negative feedback on selling a fake shaldan product. He said that I could keep the fake one and that he would send across a genuine product. Also, he knows about this thread on teambhp.

My advice: stick to buying the product from reputed brick & mortar stores.

The shaldan neo is available at the EA big bazaar. I found it out today and purchased the orange fragrance for Rs 249/- .

I received the genuine product from the seller yesterday. There is definitely a huge difference in the way the original smells as opposed to the duplicate.
hajaar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19th September 2011, 15:49   #102
BHPian

Here it is. I got mine delivered on Sat through Blue Dart courier.
Finally booked it on ebay for Rs.189+20 as handling charges.
Pls find the pics of the same below. Pls ignore the poor quality of the snaps. Took them from my 2 MP camera.

The packing,

My Shaldan Car Air Freshener - Genuine v/s Fake - You won't believe this!-img00009201109171802.jpg

The instructions on the pack.
My Shaldan Car Air Freshener - Genuine v/s Fake - You won't believe this!-img00012201109171803.jpg
My Shaldan Car Air Freshener - Genuine v/s Fake - You won't believe this!-img00014201109171803.jpg
My Shaldan Car Air Freshener - Genuine v/s Fake - You won't believe this!-img00015201109171804.jpg
My Shaldan Car Air Freshener - Genuine v/s Fake - You won't believe this!-img00018201109171806.jpg
The Vendor details and the bill
My Shaldan Car Air Freshener - Genuine v/s Fake - You won't believe this!-img00017201109171805.jpg
Attached Thumbnails
My Shaldan Car Air Freshener - Genuine v/s Fake - You won't believe this!-img00013201109171803.jpg  

My Shaldan Car Air Freshener - Genuine v/s Fake - You won't believe this!-img00020201109171810.jpg  

My Shaldan Car Air Freshener - Genuine v/s Fake - You won't believe this!-img00021201109171810.jpg  

My Shaldan Car Air Freshener - Genuine v/s Fake - You won't believe this!-img00022201109171811.jpg  

Old 24th September 2011, 20:28   #103
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visaster View Post
How much will it cost?
I got mine at Haute Car Zone, OMR. Cost was Rs. 225. I personally like the Lime or Lemon flavors.
y2ksrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2011, 13:57   #104
Senior - BHPian

Got a peach (Neo) fragrance shaldan from Big bazar for 249 bucks.I checked it for the tell tale signs of a fake product mentioned here but was not able to spot any.The box had a hologram etc but the color of the same was slightly whitish which i am not sure is characterstic for the peach fragrance.I also found the fragrance to be slighlty mild which i don't mind and is just the way i want it.I kept it inside the center console of the civic and have wrapped a thin and transparent plastic bag around the tin with a small cut in it.
sumeethaldankar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28th September 2011, 17:03   #105
BHPian

During my recent visit to Reliance Autozone Tolichowky Hyderabad, i saw a Good collection of Car Air Fresheners with them

For last few months I am using Dr. Marcus' "Ocean'' ( Rs 299/-) very pleasing fragrance

Last edited by Night_Hawk : 28th September 2011 at 17:07.
Night_Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote