Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Old 28th September 2011, 18:00   #106
Senior - BHPian

Default re: My Shaldan Car Air Freshener - Genuine v/s Fake - You won't believe this!

I picked one (Shaldan) up from a mall in Mulund. The mall only had the Rose flavour in stock. Since I liked it I bought one for a friend as well. Am now thinking of buying a couple more, one for the other car and one for another friend.

It is a good gift item too!
honeybee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th October 2011, 12:26   #107
BHPian

Default re: My Shaldan Car Air Freshener - Genuine v/s Fake - You won't believe this!

I purchased one during the Times Auto show in Pune from Reliance Automart stall for Rs. 200/- (@10% discount).

Its genuine. They had only 4 options. Lime/ Orange/ Rose and Squash.

I have purchase squash to find out what it is as I had already tried lime and Orange and Rose is not of my liking. I found it to be good and refreshing.

Still we get it bit costly. Last year I picked up pack of 2 in Dubai at carrefour for AED 16. that is approx Rs. 208. That is half the price we pay in India.
CANPUSH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th October 2011, 17:02   #108
BHPian

I picked up a pack of 8 My Shaldan fragrances from xstatic.concepts in ebay. I had a 5% off voucher and hence the cost of these tins came to 185/ only!
mtnrajdeep is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13th October 2011, 17:19   #109
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CANPUSH View Post
I purchased one during the Times Auto show in Pune from Reliance Automart stall for Rs. 200/- (@10% discount).

I have purchase squash to find out what it is as I had already tried lime and Orange and Rose is not of my liking. I found it to be good and refreshing.

Still we get it bit costly. Last year I picked up pack of 2 in Dubai at carrefour for AED 16. that is approx Rs. 208. That is half the price we pay in India.
Canpush,
Have Reliance Automart started their stores in Pune other than their Auto show stint?
I tried hard to find one two months ago and finally bought it from ebay for Rs.189/-( + Rs.20/- courier).
Tried the lime one and liked it.
Maverick79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th October 2011, 21:03   #110
BHPian

Maverick79,

Yes, Reliance Automart has started store in Pune. It is located at Mukundnagar on the main road itself, on left hand side as you go from Laxmi-Narayan junction.

I have not visited but the pamphlet they distributed in the exhibition states that address.

Last edited by CANPUSH : 14th October 2011 at 21:05. Reason: add a missing character in spelling
Old 14th October 2011, 22:00   #111
BHPian

Quote:

Yet to use, but would like to try My Shaldon Car Air Freshner, just checking ... noticed MyShaldan Apple (not the Neo one), is it genuine or the 04 options mentioned are the only ones available ?
Recently noticed this brand is available with some discounts at 199/- here at Pune.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick79 View Post
Canpush,
Have Reliance Automart started their stores in Pune other than their Auto show stint?
I tried hard to find one two months ago and finally bought it from ebay for Rs.189/-( + Rs.20/- courier).
Yes it is already available, Reliance Mart @ Kharadi, they stock everything related to Cars - from floor mats, tires, alloy wheels, car care products, seat covers to Navigation System.

Last edited by AvonA7 : 14th October 2011 at 22:01.
AvonA7 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2011, 12:00   #112
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvonA7 View Post
Yet to use, but would like to try My Shaldon Car Air Freshner, just checking ... noticed MyShaldan Apple (not the Neo one), is it genuine or the 04 options mentioned are the only ones available ?
@AvonA7,

Yes Apple is part of their regular fresheners. There are 7 options in My Shaldon as I know - Lime, Lemon, Orange, Squash, Rose, Apple, Herb and Sweet.. something (I do not remember exact name).

I have tried Lime, Lemon, Orange and now Squash. Next time I wish to try Apple or Herb if they are available.

They all are nice. I for the first time bought them in Dubai 8 years ago as they were not liquid and not readily available in India. I had bad experience with liquid as they need to be firmly planted in car else they spill and spoil. My previous car (Palio) did not had any flat surface on dashboard and once I tried Ambi pour which fell down and spoiled my carpet.

With My Shaldon, convenience is - you can place the can anywhere, even below the seat if no other place is available and there is no worry of spilling.
CANPUSH is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th October 2011, 11:03   #113
Senior - BHPian

Got my Shaldan from Reliance Auto Mart for 200/- (Buy 3 get 1 free) So got 4 for INR 600, not bad. They have schemes like these on STP products also

Cheers
Ricky_63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th October 2011, 12:30   #114
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvonA7 View Post
Recently noticed this brand is available with some discounts at 199/- here at Pune.

Yes it is already available, Reliance Mart @ Kharadi, they stock everything related to Cars - from floor mats, tires, alloy wheels, car care products, seat covers to Navigation System.
Just found a New Large Reliance Mart opened in Aundh. Got to check if its available in this new stores or not. So I can check here instead of going to Kharadi.

It's exactly one month after the receipt of my pack. Just found today that another half of the stuff is still present. Hope it goes for another month.
Maverick79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2011, 14:40   #115
BHPian

Quote:

I personally feel it is quite decently priced. At 200 bucks, one can't ask for anything better and that too a pure "made in japan" product, which is like really rare.

Everything in Dubai is cheaper in India, thanks to the heavy custom duties and local taxes our country has, which are not there in Dubai. I think one should take that into account..
ashm99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2011, 18:58   #116
BHPian

Unfortunately, all the original My Shaldan fragrances are fruity. - Lime, Lemon, Orange, Apple and Squash. They have Herb and Sweet Gardenia also but they are not readily available in India.

They have some Neo range that has Rose, etc. But I am doubtful if they are really coming from My Shaldan co. I have not used them.

Reliance Auto Mart or Big Bazzar are best location to buy authentic products. Last time I bought from Reliance they had a scheme - Buy 3 Get 1 free so effective cost was Rs. 167 per tin.
Old 26th November 2011, 15:17   #117
A.R
BHPian

I picked up a couple of My Shaldan tins from Reliance Autozone - Lemon and Orange flavors. Costed me Rs 222/- each since there were no offers going on. Love the natural fragnance from them. I've been using Ambipur for many years now and this is a big leap for me.
A.R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th December 2011, 00:53   #118
BHPian

got shaldan apple flavour for rs. 250/-. prices have gone up .
M124 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th February 2012, 09:37   #119

I like the Squash flavour that I just bought from Hypercity. The prices sure have gone up and they are Rs.250/- a piece. The new flavours seem to be retailing for Rs.299/-.

I felt I had put up with Ambipur long enough - have found them to be pretty ineffective till I found, in a recent visit, most Singapore cab smelling quite nice and fresh. Most were using My Shaldan.
Flintstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2012, 12:25   #120
Senior - BHPian

Guys,
i bought a my shaldan air freshner from reliance auto mall.I am not really concerned about its authenticity but the box and the tin says that it's flammable and not should protected from exceessive heat.

Now how safe is this to be kept inside a car knowing the summer temperatures these days.I have placed it inside the center console of my civic and have left the console lid partially opened exposing just a bit of the tin can

thanks

My Shaldan Car Air Freshener - Genuine v/s Fake - You won't believe this!-photo0447.jpg
sumeethaldankar is online now   Reply With Quote