Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 2nd April 2013, 12:49   #2146
BHPian
 
Pheonix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Hi-drive-a-bad
Posts: 186
Thanked: 97 Times
Default Re: Swift Mods : Post all queries / pics of Swift Modifications here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
What color is your new swift?
With anything other than white, you will get noticeable paint fade. It won't damage the paint, but in fact protect it too much, that you won't get normal fading due to sun, sand, etc.
Thanks for you input Mayankk. The color is red.. Do you think regular coats of teflon before and after the stickering should help ?
Pheonix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2013, 13:06   #2147
Distinguished - BHPian
 
naveen.raju's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Cochin
Posts: 3,740
Thanked: 3,135 Times
Default Re: Swift Mods : Post all queries / pics of Swift Modifications here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pheonix View Post
Thanks for you input Mayankk. The color is red.. Do you think regular coats of teflon before and after the stickering should help ?
That will be a short term help. If you plan to use the stickers for couple of years, then you will notice the difference. But coating can reduce the time.
naveen.raju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th April 2013, 13:23   #2148
BHPian
 
chargerman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Dhaka, Bangladesh
Posts: 236
Thanked: 132 Times
Default

I just gave in my swift for a makeover at my workshop. Got the sport kit from Thailand and led lights and alloy wheels and lowering kit. Hope she comes out prettier!
It's damn sad and ugly now :(

Name:  ForumRunner_20130408_135247.png
Views: 7432
Size:  437.4 KB
chargerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th April 2013, 15:53   #2149
Distinguished - BHPian
 
naveen.raju's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Cochin
Posts: 3,740
Thanked: 3,135 Times
Default Re: Swift Mods : Post all queries / pics of Swift Modifications here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chargerman View Post
I just gave in my swift for a makeover at my workshop. Got the sport kit from Thailand and led lights and alloy wheels and lowering kit. Hope she comes out prettier!
It's damn sad and ugly now :(

Attachment 1070697
You mean LED tail light or just DRLs? If it's the tail light, can you share the details?
naveen.raju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th April 2013, 16:10   #2150
BHPian
 
Loud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 214
Thanked: 167 Times
Default Re: Swift Mods : Post all queries / pics of Swift Modifications here.

@chargerman: Why do you say your Swift's ugly?
It needs following works (IMO):
1.Body kit (atleast side skirts): I think you have ordered it.
2.Alloys and tyres (of bigger size: 15/16/17" max!): Deep dish ones would look classy
3.Painted door handles
4.Remove side beading / get it painted
5.Lowering kit (you are ordering): So you can go for low profile tyres with maybe 16" rims.
6. Change grill to Mesh (as in naveen.raju's swift)
7.Paint headlamp bezel/get projectors
8.Smoke rear taillamps
9.Get a fat exhaust tip
10.Remove any extra/unwanted things like bumper protectors, etc.
She will be READY TO ROLL ON THE ROADS!

Cheers!
Loud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th April 2013, 19:48   #2151
Distinguished - BHPian
 
naveen.raju's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Cochin
Posts: 3,740
Thanked: 3,135 Times
Default Re: Swift Mods : Post all queries / pics of Swift Modifications here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loud View Post
@chargerman: Why do you say your Swift's ugly?
It needs following works (IMO):
1.Body kit (atleast side skirts): I think you have ordered it.
2.Alloys and tyres (of bigger size: 15/16/17" max!): Deep dish ones would look classy
3.Painted door handles
4.Remove side beading / get it painted
6. Change grill to Mesh (as in naveen.raju's swift)
7.Paint headlamp bezel/get projectors
9.Get a fat exhaust tip
10.Remove any extra/unwanted things like bumper protectors, etc.
She will be READY TO ROLL ON THE ROADS!

Cheers!
I think my car fits well based on your requirements
Attached Images
 
naveen.raju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th April 2013, 14:40   #2152
BHPian
 
Loud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 214
Thanked: 167 Times
Default Re: Swift Mods : Post all queries / pics of Swift Modifications here.

@Naveen.Raju- Oh yes! You have a great Swift, buddy!
It has front windscreen film also, right? Also, your projectors look killer.
I think I have seen this on some other forums also, as far as I remember.

Are the taillamps smoked/LED?
Loud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2013, 10:37   #2153
BHPian
 
chargerman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Dhaka, Bangladesh
Posts: 236
Thanked: 132 Times
Default

@loud

You mind reader! Yes I've just started work on it. Tried on the front end. It's got built in LED DRLs

Name:  ForumRunner_20130410_110558.png
Views: 5384
Size:  468.1 KB

Last edited by chargerman : 10th April 2013 at 10:38.
chargerman is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2013, 11:51   #2154
Distinguished - BHPian
 
naveen.raju's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Cochin
Posts: 3,740
Thanked: 3,135 Times
Default Re: Swift Mods : Post all queries / pics of Swift Modifications here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loud View Post
@Naveen.Raju- Oh yes! You have a great Swift, buddy!
It has front windscreen film also, right? Also, your projectors look killer.
I think I have seen this on some other forums also, as far as I remember.

Are the taillamps smoked/LED?
Thanks man. Removed the films except for the front windshield film. This photo was taken a year back. Havent smoked the tail lamps. Way too common. I always want my car to be different so went for custom designed side skirts and not so common projectors (guess it's common now).
naveen.raju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2013, 12:46   #2155
BHPian
 
chargerman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Dhaka, Bangladesh
Posts: 236
Thanked: 132 Times
Default

These are the smoked led tail lamps I got for mine they should look awesome in my soon to be white swift.

Name:  ForumRunner_20130410_131504.png
Views: 5445
Size:  441.3 KB



Name:  ForumRunner_20130410_131530.png
Views: 5449
Size:  423.3 KB
chargerman is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2013, 13:02   #2156
Distinguished - BHPian
 
naveen.raju's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Cochin
Posts: 3,740
Thanked: 3,135 Times
Default Re: Swift Mods : Post all queries / pics of Swift Modifications here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chargerman View Post
These are the smoked led tail lamps I got for mine they should look awesome in my soon to be white swift.
I had plans of getting this but backed out at the last moment. I'm looking for full LED lights which is difficult to find here. Tried to source it from Singapore but he ran out of stock. Seems you are seriously modding your car. Great job. Keep us posted with pics.
naveen.raju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2013, 15:59   #2157
BHPian
 
Loud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 214
Thanked: 167 Times
Default Re: Swift Mods : Post all queries / pics of Swift Modifications here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chargerman View Post
@loud

You mind reader! Yes I've just started work on it. Tried on the front end. It's got built in LED DRLs
Mindreader!
The bumper looks great with those DRLs. Doesn't it look too similar to the stock bumper of your Swift?

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Thanks man. Removed the films except for the front windshield film. This photo was taken a year back. Havent smoked the tail lamps. Way too common. I always want my car to be different so went for custom designed side skirts and not so common projectors (guess it's common now).
Yes. Smoked taillamps are very common among Swifts and Fabias in Delhi also. The projector you have is also Common now. However, I prefer dual ring ones. You can try for full LED tail lights. I think its available on 'Alibaba.com' website.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chargerman View Post
These are the smoked led tail lamps I got for mine they should look awesome in my soon to be white swift.
Going great, bud! Looks like Swift restoration. Are they smoked? I think the tint looks too light on the lamps. One more coat is clearly missing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
I had plans of getting this but backed out at the last moment. I'm looking for full LED lights which is difficult to find here. Tried to source it from Singapore but he ran out of stock. Seems you are seriously modding your car. Great job. Keep us posted with pics.
What about building a custom-made all LED taillamp? You can contact modifiers for this. I think they will do it.
----
Next Post
----
@chargerman: Keep us updated with lots of pics and PRICES also! Congrats for your going-to-be-White-swift.
Suggestion: Keep the rear plain, with only 'S' and 'Swift' badges on the back. Get a fat exhaust tip, Wide tyres (195/205) on 16/17" rims, NO spoiler please, get a cool body kit. Regarding the front bumper, an expert can get Photoshopped image of the bumper coloured white/full white (including grill area).

Cheers.
Loud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2013, 16:09   #2158
Distinguished - BHPian
 
naveen.raju's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Cochin
Posts: 3,740
Thanked: 3,135 Times
Default Re: Swift Mods : Post all queries / pics of Swift Modifications here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loud View Post
Yes. Smoked taillamps are very common among Swifts and Fabias in Delhi also. The projector you have is also Common now. However, I prefer dual ring ones. You can try for full LED tail lights. I think its available on 'Alibaba.com' website.

What about building a custom-made all LED taillamp? You can contact modifiers for this. I think they will do it.
I went to buy the old school dual ring projectors but saw this newly arrived single projector type ones. Guess, mine was the first here in my town or maybe Kerala. The shop had just imported it when I went there.
Yes, full LED ones are available online. Not going for custom made lights which are locally made since the quality wont be that perfect. So waiting for the local shop to get one.

----
Next Post
----
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loud View Post
@chargerman:
Suggestion: Keep the rear plain, with only 'S' and 'Swift' badges on the back. Get a fat exhaust tip,
Cheers.
Something like this
Attached Thumbnails
Swift Mods : Post all queries / pics of Swift Modifications here.-img00309201103261801.jpg  

naveen.raju is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2013, 16:13   #2159
BHPian
 
chargerman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Dhaka, Bangladesh
Posts: 236
Thanked: 132 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loud View Post
Mindreader!
The bumper looks great with those DRLs. Doesn't it look too similar to the stock bumper of your Swift?

Yes. Smoked taillamps are very common among Swifts and Fabias in Delhi also. The projector you have is also Common now. However, I prefer dual ring ones. You can try for full LED tail lights. I think its available on 'Alibaba.com' website.

Going great, bud! Looks like Swift restoration. Are they smoked? I think the tint looks too light on the lamps. One more coat is clearly missing.

What about building a custom-made all LED taillamp? You can contact modifiers for this. I think they will do it.
----
Next Post
----
@chargerman: Keep us updated with lots of pics and PRICES also! Congrats for your going-to-be-White-swift.
Suggestion: Keep the rear plain, with only 'S' and 'Swift' badges on the back. Get a fat exhaust tip, Wide tyres (195/205) on 16/17" rims, NO spoiler please, get a cool body kit. Regarding the front bumper, an expert can get Photoshopped image of the bumper coloured white/full white (including grill area).

Cheers.
I already bought rims kosei k1 racing 17" with 205/40 front and 215 rears. Theyre the correct width for these cars too. Had removed them to save them from my driver

Name:  ForumRunner_20130410_164146.png
Views: 5125
Size:  361.0 KB
chargerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2013, 19:35   #2160
BHPian
 
Loud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 214
Thanked: 167 Times
Default Re: Swift Mods : Post all queries / pics of Swift Modifications here.

@chargerman: Now tell me who says its 'damn sad and ugly'!
The 17"ers look great. Great design too! Please post front and rear shots so that we can see the width, eh? So, whats next on the list? Repaint?

@naveen.raju: Hope you get your taillamps soon! BTW Whats the price for a pair?
Coincidence or what? How come all my suggestions fit well on your car! LOL
Loud is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Formal dressing and tailoring for all occassions (EDIT: Put all your queries here) manaa45 Shifting gears 77 13th November 2017 11:47
Palio mods/post all queries and pics here payam Modifications & Accessories 487 20th October 2015 06:41
Modifications for Gypsy King - Does the sequence of modifications matter? khan_sultan Modifications & Accessories 18 6th September 2009 14:02
All Alto Mods Queries & Pics kaush666 Modifications & Accessories 1 29th May 2008 09:54


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 15:50.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks