Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 7th October 2007, 08:15   #826
Team-BHP Support
 
Akshay1234's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 9,759
Thanked: 6,668 Times
Default

im assuming you have stock wheels and tyres on your car. so the first thing you should do is upgrade your wheels and tyres. look in the tyres and wheel section for more info on that. then get a performance ait filter (k&n or ractive or green) either a conical or a stock replacement.(id say conical since you say you want better pickup).

after that get yourself a free flow exhaust. that will help quite a bit in the torque department. then if you have any more moolah left get yourself a tri-phase. that too will help in lower end torque.
Akshay1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2007, 09:04   #827
Senior - BHPian
 
m4ugr8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 1,291
Thanked: 123 Times
Default

Hey Guys!!! I need help.

Its time i add a body kit to my swift.As i am in delhi could you please tell me some options.I know Autopsyche as one but i want more options also.
m4ugr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2007, 12:59   #828
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 29
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
im assuming you have stock wheels and tyres on your car. so the first thing you should do is upgrade your wheels and tyres. look in the tyres and wheel section for more info on that. then get a performance ait filter (k&n or ractive or green) either a conical or a stock replacement.(id say conical since you say you want better pickup).

after that get yourself a free flow exhaust. that will help quite a bit in the torque department. then if you have any more moolah left get yourself a tri-phase. that too will help in lower end torque.
Hi
I have Bridgestone GIII potenza tyres. Got them right after I got the car. Do alloys help with the performance. If not, I had rather spend money on performance than looks.

The mods I had planned are:
1. conical filters
2. free flow exhaust
3. triphase
Anything else you guys would suggest.

Thanks
talk2anand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2007, 13:26   #829
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 101
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Hey guys
does anyone know where i can buy those projector headlamps? I've seen them here in Versova, Mumbai where the parking lights are a strip of 4 LED's and the projectors look good too. I just bought a used Swift ZXI in blue colour..wont keep it for more than 3 years so i thought i'd buy a used one!. Also 15" rims with 195 tyres would set me back how much? Any idea?
Thanks
sudarshansarma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2007, 13:32   #830
Team-BHP Support
 
Akshay1234's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 9,759
Thanked: 6,668 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by talk2anand View Post
Hi
I have Bridgestone GIII potenza tyres. Got them right after I got the car. Do alloys help with the performance. If not, I had rather spend money on performance than looks.

The mods I had planned are:
1. conical filters
2. free flow exhaust
3. triphase
Anything else you guys would suggest.

Thanks
well then you can also get porting and polishing done. these should fit in your 50k budget and give you a pretty good power increase.

but after all of these your warranty would be void. so you have to choose whether you want your warranty or you want your car to go fast.
Akshay1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2007, 13:57   #831
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 29
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
well then you can also get porting and polishing done. these should fit in your 50k budget and give you a pretty good power increase.

but after all of these your warranty would be void. so you have to choose whether you want your warranty or you want your car to go fast.
does free flow exhaust void the warrant, and can I get it removed before the next service.

What I am currently thinking abt is:
1. conical filter (reversible)
2. triphase (can be put off before service)
3. iridium plugs (don't think this will create issues with the warranty)
4. Free flow exhaust

Once I get the 20k service out of the way, I plan to consider big mods like
1. Headers
2. Porting, polishing etc
3. TC

What do you guys think
talk2anand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2007, 17:31   #832
Team-BHP Support
 
Akshay1234's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 9,759
Thanked: 6,668 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by talk2anand View Post
does free flow exhaust void the warrant, and can I get it removed before the next service.

What I am currently thinking abt is:
1. conical filter (reversible)
2. triphase (can be put off before service)
3. iridium plugs (don't think this will create issues with the warranty)
4. Free flow exhaust

Once I get the 20k service out of the way, I plan to consider big mods like
1. Headers
2. Porting, polishing etc
3. TC

What do you guys think
bro, theres now way your gonna get a tc in 50k. i have a free flow, conical, and a tri-phase on my getz. i know the hyundai dealership well so i make them change things under warranty. it all depends how well you know the dealership.

what i suggest you do is that you drop the plugs. they make no difference. first get a tri-phase and a conical. then get yourself a good muffler like a magnaflow or remus. youll have the sound from your exhaust without worrying about the full free flow and warranty.

then at 20k get the headers and a full free flow and use the existing muffler than you have. then you can even get porting and polishing.

you cant take a free flow out for servicing. nor should you take your air filter out. just leave it on.
Akshay1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2007, 17:46   #833
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 29
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
bro, theres now way your gonna get a tc in 50k. i have a free flow, conical, and a tri-phase on my getz. i know the hyundai dealership well so i make them change things under warranty. it all depends how well you know the dealership.

what i suggest you do is that you drop the plugs. they make no difference. first get a tri-phase and a conical. then get yourself a good muffler like a magnaflow or remus. youll have the sound from your exhaust without worrying about the full free flow and warranty.

then at 20k get the headers and a full free flow and use the existing muffler than you have. then you can even get porting and polishing.

you cant take a free flow out for servicing. nor should you take your air filter out. just leave it on.
Akshay, thanks for all the help.

Abt the TC, I know that it costs atleast 1.5L. But 50k is my budget for now. I plan to increase this budget of mods at 20k on odo.

As for now based on your suggestions, I will go for a conical and a triphase. I have also seen other ppl say that plugs dont help, so will leave them.

About the mufflers, I am not sure what they exactly are. When I searched on the net I found that they are used for noise cancellation. Is there any other benefit that I am missing.

ciao
Anand
talk2anand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2007, 17:51   #834
Senior - BHPian
 
BUSA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Bombay
Posts: 5,130
Thanked: 10 Times
Default

@ Sudarshan - go to Vitesse for the lights, costs around 25k

About tyres and alloys will cost around 25-30k with buy back of your old rims.

@ Anand I would suggest you the following and nothing more : -

1) Green Cotton Dynamisation Kit works wonders on the Swift and has a proper cold air intake, cost 8k or so
2) Free Flow Exhaust with 4-2-1 Headers will surely make your low end much better, Cost around 10k with MS and 12-25k with SS, depending on where you want it.
3) Porting/Polishing - Will give you a very good boost in performance, the best mod south of TC/NOS, will set you back by 15k

So totally uou have spend around 35 grand(8k+12k+15k)

Dont get plugs, they are useless on a lightly modified engine.

Alloys dont do anything except they are stronger so dont bend easily.

Dump the Triphase and put some more money and get RD Dynamics Standalone ECM, that would be much better, will cost you around 25k and you will have a switch to toggle for performance mode. You wouldnot want to spend 13.5k on a IAT signal modifier. Akshay dont make triphase sound like a TC, while it works on some cars, it necessary doesnot work on all of them.

Oh yeah after you finish modding your car, give me a call, we will drag and i might just beat you with the 21.5KGM torque
BUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2007, 19:45   #835
Team-BHP Support
 
Akshay1234's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 9,759
Thanked: 6,668 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA View Post
@ Sudarshan - go to Vitesse for the lights, costs around 25k

About tyres and alloys will cost around 25-30k with buy back of your old rims.

@ Anand I would suggest you the following and nothing more : -

1) Green Cotton Dynamisation Kit works wonders on the Swift and has a proper cold air intake, cost 8k or so
2) Free Flow Exhaust with 4-2-1 Headers will surely make your low end much better, Cost around 10k with MS and 12-25k with SS, depending on where you want it.
3) Porting/Polishing - Will give you a very good boost in performance, the best mod south of TC/NOS, will set you back by 15k

So totally uou have spend around 35 grand(8k+12k+15k)

Dont get plugs, they are useless on a lightly modified engine.

Alloys dont do anything except they are stronger so dont bend easily.

Dump the Triphase and put some more money and get RD Dynamics Standalone ECM, that would be much better, will cost you around 25k and you will have a switch to toggle for performance mode. You wouldnot want to spend 13.5k on a IAT signal modifier. Akshay dont make triphase sound like a TC, while it works on some cars, it necessary doesnot work on all of them.

agreed about the green cotton kit. he wants to keep his warranty bro. thats why a free flow and a stand alone dont make sense now. nor does porting polishing. he can get those after 20k when his warranty expires.

about the tri-phase. ive had a good experiance with it. its boosted my lower end torque and my fe has risen by 1.5kmpl. im not making it sound like a tc. im sure he can try it on his car and then see whether the gain is good enough for the cost of the tri-phase.
Akshay1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2007, 19:52   #836
Senior - BHPian
 
BUSA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Bombay
Posts: 5,130
Thanked: 10 Times
Default

Any Conical Filter will void your warranty. And most importantly anand should tell us, how many months warranty is left. Swift warranty doesnot expire at 20000kms.

A stock replacement filter doesnot seems VFM, since it gives hardly any gains, better not to go for it, rather spend money on it.
BUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2007, 19:53   #837
Team-BHP Support
 
Akshay1234's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 9,759
Thanked: 6,668 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA View Post
Any Conical Filter will void your warranty. And most importantly anand should tell us, how many months warranty is left. Swift warranty doesnot expire at 20000kms.

A stock replacement filter doesnot seems VFM, since it gives hardly any gains, better not to go for it, rather spend money on it.
yup but hes said he dosent care about the warranty after the 20k service. the conical would void but i guess he can convince the dealership not to even if he knows them a bit.
Akshay1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2007, 22:20   #838
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 29
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA View Post
Any Conical Filter will void your warranty. And most importantly anand should tell us, how many months warranty is left. Swift warranty doesnot expire at 20000kms.

A stock replacement filter doesnot seems VFM, since it gives hardly any gains, better not to go for it, rather spend money on it.
I have 20 months of warranty left.
Have good relationship at the Dealers, but still at this stage I would like to do really tried and tested mods and the ones which if need be can be reversed.
However at 20k I would like to do mods which are tried and tested and need not really be reversible.


Do
1. Conical filter, and
2. RD Dynamics Standalone ECM / Triphase (dont know what a RD Dynamics Standalone ECM and what are the benefits)
satisfy my requirements
talk2anand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th October 2007, 11:17   #839
Senior - BHPian
 
humyum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Leicester/Mumbai
Posts: 2,306
Thanked: 2,188 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by talk2anand View Post
I have 20 months of warranty left.
Have good relationship at the Dealers, but still at this stage I would like to do really tried and tested mods and the ones which if need be can be reversed.
However at 20k I would like to do mods which are tried and tested and need not really be reversible.


Do
1. Conical filter, and
2. RD Dynamics Standalone ECM / Triphase (dont know what a RD Dynamics Standalone ECM and what are the benefits)
satisfy my requirements
I would go for the RD dynamics standalone ECM too.Saw karthik on tv sometime back and how he shaved sometime from the 0 to 100.(dont remember the exact timings)just with the standalone for the petrol swift.Awesome stuff and at 25 grand its worth every penny.
and with the 50 k as buget for mods it clearly fits your bill for efficiently making your swift faster.
humyum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th October 2007, 12:33   #840
Senior - BHPian
 
BUSA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Bombay
Posts: 5,130
Thanked: 10 Times
Default

Hey anand,

Just do the following and youll be happy i assure you.

1) Green Cotton Dynamisation Kit - 8k
2) FFE with 4-2-1 headers - 12k
Standalone from RD Dynamics - 25k

Later you can port & polish.

With this your car will be insanely fast.

& the good thing is that the maps are available in Mumbai since they have done a Swift before.
BUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Formal dressing and tailoring for all occassions (EDIT: Put all your queries here) manaa45 Shifting gears 77 13th November 2017 11:47
Palio mods/post all queries and pics here payam Modifications & Accessories 487 20th October 2015 06:41
Modifications for Gypsy King - Does the sequence of modifications matter? khan_sultan Modifications & Accessories 18 6th September 2009 14:02
All Alto Mods Queries & Pics kaush666 Modifications & Accessories 1 29th May 2008 09:54


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 05:20.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks