Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 19th December 2008, 00:13   #1441
BANNED
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: London
Posts: 5,012
Thanked: 147 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by karthik247 View Post
You dont paint on the chrome parts directly.. First u apply some primer or some stuff like that and then u paint it and it will last.

And paint on chrome does last as ive had chrome wheels on my swift which i later got painted and it never peeled off.
Its been long since we have had pics of your swift here buddy!! Do post ones with the painted wheels! I hope you painted them black!!
Cyrus43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2008, 16:42   #1442
BHPian
 
Puzz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 49
Thanked: 4 Times
Default Hi, a little quick help needed

Hi guys, i'm new to posting queries here, but i need a little serious quick help/advice. i have a Swift and had added a K&N filter and a FFE with headers . i had a problem with my end can (had a little rusting and a crack) so i have sent it back for a replacement. in the meantime the guy whom i get it fixed from, have temporarily fitted my stock muffler. i wanted to check and confirm although it is only temporary, will it affect the engine in any sort by using the 4 x 2 x 1 header and the free flow with stock muffler. the car is running fine for now, but want to make sure if its safe to continue running it on like this. i am expected to get back the end can in a weeks times.

Would greatly appreciate your responses and help on this one.
Puzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2008, 18:00   #1443
Senior - BHPian
 
vikram_d's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 2,380
Thanked: 936 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puzz View Post
Hi guys, i'm new to posting queries here, but i need a little serious quick help/advice. i have a Swift and had added a K&N filter and a FFE with headers . i had a problem with my end can (had a little rusting and a crack) so i have sent it back for a replacement. in the meantime the guy whom i get it fixed from, have temporarily fitted my stock muffler. i wanted to check and confirm although it is only temporary, will it affect the engine in any sort by using the 4 x 2 x 1 header and the free flow with stock muffler. the car is running fine for now, but want to make sure if its safe to continue running it on like this. i am expected to get back the end can in a weeks times.

Would greatly appreciate your responses and help on this one.
No need to worry. You can use your stock muffler with your FFE headers.
vikram_d is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2008, 18:53   #1444
BHPian
 
arsenik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Chandigarh
Posts: 102
Thanked: 0 Times
Default Help Help!!

Guys have finally decided to buy a black SWIFT Lxi from Delhi next week... WOOHOO YEAH!


I went around in chandigarh asking various prices for ICE, tires and alloy wheels...

______________ ______________ ______________ _____________
JBL GT series Round Speakers (for the doors) : Rs 2800/pair
JBL GT series Co-axial speakers :Rs 3500/pair
Alpine 4 channel amp : Rs 2700/
Head units with usb (pioneer, jvc) : Rs 5-6000/

______________ ______________ ______________ _____________

Yokohama S.Drive tires 205/55/R15 : Rs 2900/piece
: Rs 11,600/4
He's offering a discount of 5000 if i give him the 4 OEM tires, which makes it
: Rs 6600

Plati alloy wheels (metallic not chrome) 15" : Rs 12,000

______________ ______________ ______________ _____________

Now what i wanted to ask you all, WILL I GET A BETTER DEAL IN DELHI??? possibly karol bagh or wherever!

Guys it is VITAL that i learn of this asap, in order to manage the stuff in time. The car if available will be driven by my chachu to chandigarh on the 29th of this month!!

Please Please post your feedback regarding the issue..

If possible can you get me the contact details of the regarding accessory stores in delhi and i can get in touch with them via phone...


Peace!
arsenik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2008, 18:58   #1445
BHPian
 
Puzz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 49
Thanked: 4 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikram_d View Post
No need to worry. You can use your stock muffler with your FFE headers.
Hey Vikram, thanks for that, just wanted to be sure of it, cos while driving i heard like engine knocking on lower RPMs. Do you think that is got to do anything with the muffler.
Puzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2008, 19:24   #1446
Senior - BHPian
 
vikram_d's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 2,380
Thanked: 936 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puzz View Post
Hey Vikram, thanks for that, just wanted to be sure of it, cos while driving i heard like engine knocking on lower RPMs. Do you think that is got to do anything with the muffler.
Engine knocking cant be because of the muffler. It might be because of the headers. From where did you get the headers?
vikram_d is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2008, 19:26   #1447
BHPian
 
Puzz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 49
Thanked: 4 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikram_d View Post
Engine knocking cant be because of the muffler. It might be because of the headers. From where did you get the headers?
The complete kit is by Automech, have been using for over a year now. didn't have this issue until i changed the muffler.
Puzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2008, 19:42   #1448
BHPian
 
NOTORIOUS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Delhi
Posts: 783
Thanked: 87 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by arsenik View Post
Guys have finally decided to buy a black SWIFT Lxi from Delhi next week... WOOHOO YEAH!


I went around in chandigarh asking various prices for ICE, tires and alloy wheels...

______________ ______________ ______________ _____________
JBL GT series Round Speakers (for the doors) : Rs 2800/pair
JBL GT series Co-axial speakers :Rs 3500/pair
Alpine 4 channel amp : Rs 2700/
Head units with usb (pioneer, jvc) : Rs 5-6000/

______________ ______________ ______________ _____________

Yokohama S.Drive tires 205/55/R15 : Rs 2900/piece
: Rs 11,600/4
He's offering a discount of 5000 if i give him the 4 OEM tires, which makes it
: Rs 6600

Plati alloy wheels (metallic not chrome) 15" : Rs 12,000

______________ ______________ ______________ _____________

Now what i wanted to ask you all, WILL I GET A BETTER DEAL IN DELHI??? possibly karol bagh or wherever!

Guys it is VITAL that i learn of this asap, in order to manage the stuff in time. The car if available will be driven by my chachu to chandigarh on the 29th of this month!!

Please Please post your feedback regarding the issue..

If possible can you get me the contact details of the regarding accessory stores in delhi and i can get in touch with them via phone...


Peace!
Sir ji , for audio you can consult gunbir ji , he is a pro audio installer in delhi. saying because the amp which you have mentioned is a Fake !!! also other products dont have proper model number number with them. so install the audio in delhi.

as far as alloys are conserned , you can contact gautam , they are impoters of all type of alloy wheels in india and can give you a better deal .for demo you can view a part of their range of alloy wheels Here (A Trip To Sai Mag Wheels)
. but tell me one thing , is yokos that cheap as you have mentioned ???
NOTORIOUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2008, 19:43   #1449
Senior - BHPian
 
vikram_d's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 2,380
Thanked: 936 Times
Default

Do you feel any vibration on the floor of the car? I still some how dont think that it is knocking.
vikram_d is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2008, 19:47   #1450
BHPian
 
Puzz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 49
Thanked: 4 Times
Default

Vikram, There is no vibration on the floor. its a very mild knocking kinda sound.. the sound or the feel isnt as hard as a real knock.. but a very similar mild sound typically on a slower pick up between 1 - 2000 RPM, if i push on the pedal the sound goes off after 2000 RPM. but is happening on all gears.
Puzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2008, 20:40   #1451
BHPian
 
pawan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: auckland, new zealand
Posts: 867
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikram_d View Post
Engine knocking cant be because of the muffler. It might be because of the headers. From where did you get the headers?
hey i was curious to how would headers affect detonation.
pawan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2008, 20:47   #1452
BHPian
 
arsenik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Chandigarh
Posts: 102
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

well apparantly the tires are that cheap

where can i find mr gunbir??
arsenik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2008, 20:53   #1453
Senior - BHPian
 
karankapoor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: in the car!!!
Posts: 1,679
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

@arsenik you can pm him his handle is gunbir or contact him at 9810017130

and from where you are getting 15' plati for 12k thats really cheep

Last edited by karankapoor : 22nd December 2008 at 20:55.
karankapoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd December 2008, 11:18   #1454
BHPian
 
zerocritical's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Sydney
Posts: 302
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by karankapoor View Post
@arsenik you can pm him his handle is gunbir or contact him at 9810017130

and from where you are getting 15' plati for 12k thats really cheep
I got my 14 inch platis for 11k at mumbai and yokos at 3100 195/60/r14 at bangalore. 15 inch Yokos at 2900 is definately a steal deal.
zerocritical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd December 2008, 12:01   #1455
BANNED
 
hellspawn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: noida
Posts: 1,686
Thanked: 6 Times
Infractions: 0/1 (10)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by arsenik View Post
well apparantly the tires are that cheap

where can i find mr gunbir??
It is quite possible that the tyres are a grey import.
205/55R15 yoko s-drives retail for 4700 woth bill and warranty.
So the ones that you must have inquired about would be without bill & warranty.
hellspawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Formal dressing and tailoring for all occassions (EDIT: Put all your queries here) manaa45 Shifting gears 77 13th November 2017 11:47
Palio mods/post all queries and pics here payam Modifications & Accessories 487 20th October 2015 06:41
Modifications for Gypsy King - Does the sequence of modifications matter? khan_sultan Modifications & Accessories 18 6th September 2009 14:02
All Alto Mods Queries & Pics kaush666 Modifications & Accessories 1 29th May 2008 09:54


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 12:58.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks