Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Old 5th September 2010, 15:12   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Didnt get you about the inbuilt map sensor, isnt maf easier to use when n/a?
The F/IC uses an internal, on-board map sensor if you want to use it for fuel trims. It also has the option to use the maf or tps sensors for fueling which you can select. And you're right, maf is much better suited towards NA engines, but if I go turbo, the map sensor is going to be my savior.

The emanage ultimate controls timing by intercepting the coil signals, not the crank or cam signals. This way, it can advance timing. It can also raise rev limit, both of which the F/IC can't do. The EMU is a great prodict! But for my application and the price I got it for, the F/IC suited me way more. Did I mention its got an inbuilt boost controller too?

By the way, which car are you running the EMU on?

Quote:
If you don't have a wideband, please learn tuning by reading spark plugs. Tuning without any idea of AFRs, whether richer or leaner, will do bad things to your engine.
Quote:
Dont fool till you get a wideband , the sparkplug technique is scary, especially in modern cars with power everything.
Thanks for the suggestion guys, I know how serious it can get if I run a bad AFR. I finally managed to find the voltage values for my stock o2 sensor. I'm not going to change any fuel maps now, just change the o2 values going to the ecu to indirectly change its target AFR until I get the wideband and can manually change the fuel trims.

Quote:
Seriously though, since you are doing everything yourself, why not drive down to Bombay? For one, the highway is amazing. Second, you could tune it on KS Motorsport's dyno. He'll give you a good price if you buy multiple dyno runs.
Already on that brother, had a talk with him sometime back for the dyno. What I'm planning to do is, make around 6-7 different maps with different target AFR's after I get my wideband and then book the dyno for a day and dyno each map. All my work is basically waiting for the wideband now.

Quote:
Dude,that filter in your bay looks real dirty. Clean it before you start tuning your car...
Lol, not only the Filter but the whole bay looks like its never been washed since I got the delivery. Honda cleaning crew, here I come...!
cvc2145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2010, 11:01   #17
BHPian

i am using it on a corolla, the boost control is a huge save if you plan on going turbo,
paras211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th September 2010, 09:45   #18
BHPian

Default Dyno

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvc2145 View Post

Already on that brother, had a talk with him sometime back for the dyno. What I'm planning to do is, make around 6-7 different maps with different target AFR's after I get my wideband and then book the dyno for a day and dyno each map. All my work is basically waiting for the wideband now.
Pardon my ignorance, I dont know much about dyno tuning.
Just wanted to know if this is a load bearing dyno or inertia dyno?

If this is an inertia dyno, how are you planning on tuning the maps on it?
Rash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2010, 00:09   #19
BHPian

Quote:
i am using it on a corolla, the boost control is a huge save if you plan on going turbo,
Never heard anyone modifying a corolla's engine, you stand out there. My stock corolla I'd pulled upto 210 kmph at the baroda-ahmedabad express. I wonder how much you must be pulling with your mods.

Quote:
If this is an inertia dyno, how are you planning on tuning the maps on it?
No clue about what kind of dyno KS operates.
Old 10th September 2010, 16:56   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvc2145 View Post
Never heard anyone modifying a corolla's engine, you stand out there. My stock corolla I'd pulled upto 210 kmph at the baroda-ahmedabad express. I wonder how much you must be pulling with your mods.

My stock corolla didnt go to 210 , you ve got bigger tires? it used to go to 200 on a lil downhill part of the pune expresway. mine goes 220 , but the real fun is third gear where it pulls to 170 really quick.

Its not by choice i am doing up a corolla , car was lying unused so it didnt make sense to get another car and do it up , got cams piggyback intake exhaust. I am waiting for an O2 wideband , do a dyno run soon.
Old 14th September 2010, 21:32   #21
BHPian

Thats a great mod, I am hooked for enlightenment, cvc2145 any further update ?
Why didn't you try an Apollo kit (to save your filter from dirt & grim and have cooler air intake) ?
Turbo Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2010, 12:54   #22
BHPian

Quote:
My stock corolla didnt go to 210 , you ve got bigger tires? it used to go to 200 on a lil downhill part of the pune expresway. mine goes 220 , but the real fun is third gear where it pulls to 170 really quick.
I really dont know how, but the corolla I had I streched upto 210 totally stock, with 4 people in the car. Maybe there must've been some good downwind and thus the speed. The original corolla is really a beast. The aerodynamics of this car is brilliant so you can really go high speeds in it fast. You have a nice car to work on. What else are you planning to put in?

Quote:
Thats a great mod, I am hooked for enlightenment, cvc2145 any further update ?
Why didn't you try an Apollo kit (to save your filter from dirt & grim and have cooler air intake) ?
I'm waiting for the wideband which is due sometime this week alongwith other goodies. After I install all of it, I can fine-tune it. Will go to the express and try a nice video run for an update.
I dont know if KN has an apollo kit for this car, but I'm sure that when I'd got my SRT around in 2007, there was only this one option for the car. My scangauge at times shows IAT of 60C when the temp outside is 35C in traffic. I'm sure this is really affecting the performance of the car. After I'm done with the mods, Ill have to go for a custom CAI which my engine needs desperately now.
Old 29th September 2010, 01:47   #23
BHPian

Right now nothing till i have enough for a swap. The 2zz celica engine is almost bolt on.
what are your iat s on open roads , i ve got a hood scoop and i see 38 when its 32 outside.
Old 29th September 2010, 22:39   #24
BHPian

Is the swap going to be worth the money, a 1.8 for another 1.8? Wouldn't it be better to just add maybe a turbo or something else to the current one.

My IAT in normal city running is mostly 15C more than the atmosphere. On highways at 100 kmph, its around 10C more.
Old 30th September 2010, 02:45   #25
BHPian

lesser headaches with a swap, puts out about 170 at crank -stock .
should cost about 2.5 lac ,
Old 30th September 2010, 03:59   #26
BANNED

Is this the Same Black Corolla I got a ride in??

Anyways, arent we going a wee bit OT? And about KS's Dyno runs, PM me if you want one.
Cyrus43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st October 2010, 19:44   #27
BHPian

yes the same one , i ll dyno in a few months , i ll give you a call.
Old 8th October 2010, 00:26   #28
BHPian

Good luck with the swap.

I just got my wideband kit today. Will be installing this weekend mostly.
How much afr are you running at WOT?
Old 25th April 2013, 15:17   #29

Default Re: Got an AEM F/IC piggyback for my Honda Civic!

Hi, i got a dastek unichip piggyback ecu installed in my car (anhc honda city). can anyone please elucidate the pro's and con's of unichip and do you have to retune it twice a year (summers and winters). Also does it have a separate setup for switchable maps and increasing the rev limit.
GauravLadwal is offline   Reply With Quote