Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Old 2nd October 2007, 22:14   #31
Senior - BHPian

thanks a lot ansuhman... so may be the FFE and filter made the difference
dinar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd October 2007, 22:27   #32

Default Performance on CNG

Well friend..if u want performance on CNG you ought to get a close loop system installed and get it tuned with an expert via a software for your car and see the difference. If u want a still better performance go for a sequential injection kit (both CNG or LPG) and drive like petrol with economy of CNG. Try using Lovato systems..Auto Gas India
Im running my Optra , Wagon-R on CNG and they get amazing performance.
abadia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2007, 00:00   #33
BHPian

dear friends i have purchased a 2000 model accent GLE. i will be getting a CNG kit fitted asap..
please advise me on which kit to install. im from delhi if someone has an advise on some specific workshop that does the job well please give me their address/phone number.

i need a kit that performs well without any power loss and with the best average possible. (absolute noob at this.. sorry 'bout that).

P.S. Moderators. i searched the forum for a specific answer, that coincides with my needs.. but was unable to find an answer. just to let you know that i did search before posting.
thank you
a2k24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2008, 12:07   #34
Team-BHP Support

I am out of this game now,no more waiting at pumps for hours several times a day,no more tune ups and uncertainity,sold the kit and the car.

One thing i will say is nothing can beat the hassle free 'fill it shut it forget it' nature of petrol and diesel,they sure are expensive but peace of mind is only possible with these fuels.People here might say 'ive run my car on CNG or LPG for XXXXXX kms with no trouble' but a tankful that lasts maximum 200(avg.150-170,CNG) and you wait in long queues for refills can this give peace of mind,not to me.
.anshuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th October 2008, 18:03   #35
BHPian

What an End to this thread
I fully agree with the last statement.
Still Just one more query.
Your total satisfaction level was higher with LPG or CNG?
You may not provide the reasons as they will tend to confuse more than help.
whymeonly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th October 2008, 21:06   #36
Team-BHP Support

Imagine 1 rupee for a kilometer- CNG(with huge powerloss and no range)
Petrol like performance-LPG(more expensive to run than a diesel and had to depend on limited supply,sometimes had to call up pumps asking 'Gas hai kya?'

Last edited by .anshuman : 9th October 2008 at 21:09.
Old 10th October 2008, 11:16   #37
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
I am out of this game now,no more waiting at pumps for hours several times a day,no more tune ups and uncertainity,sold the kit and the car.

One thing i will say is nothing can beat the hassle free 'fill it shut it forget it' nature of petrol and diesel,they sure are expensive but peace of mind is only possible with these fuels.People here might say 'ive run my car on CNG or LPG for XXXXXX kms with no trouble' but a tankful that lasts maximum 200(avg.150-170,CNG) and you wait in long queues for refills can this give peace of mind,not to me.
Was it an aftermarket fit? My uncle uses a WagonR Duo and has had next to zero problems with his kit (over 40,000 kms).

Your post could also be the reason that diesel makes so much sense for high mileage users.
GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2008, 12:09   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
Very good review Anshuman. Makes more sense when you can make back to back comparisons on the same car.

BTW, have you tried any finetuning on the CNG. I know its low performance but it cant be that bad. We have another bhpian from Delhi who CNGed his Xeta. Wonder what he has to say?
Were you talking about me? Nice review anshuman and I know it is almost free when you are riding on CNG. Only thing you need currently in Delhi is lot of time to Fill the Gas.

I switched to CNG about 3 Months back, I was bit reluctant as I have read so many horror stories of XETA messing up on CNG.

But thanks to the petrol prices i finally got the push to switch to CNG.
My everyday running is around 90 kms and petrol prices were just killing me.

My brother in law who has been using CNG for the past 4 year gave me the courage. he told me that on CNG you Glide and defintly dont do drag racing,which made sense as the savings are huge.

So I got the Lendi Renzo Kit and lambda fitted from guy trusted by my brother in Law.(Very Very Important go only by reference)

at first i did not feel any differnce from petrol. I was told by the fitter the bigger the engine better the performance and xeta has 1.4 litre engine.

but after first week there was some issue of car loosing power and missing even on petrol.

So I thought worst has happened all those people against CNG in XETA were right. Went to fitter he changed the spark plug and did some tuning and car was fine again.

I am getting 20 kmpkg from the Car and there is current amout of LAG and lack of power. I would put it in a simple terms that if the car was going 0 to 60 in 10 seconds now it takes 15 seconds that is the only differnce.

One thing which is very important in CNG is to run the first 5 Kms on Petrol..as the CNG is a dry fuel and it can damage the car if the Lubricants are not in place.

You can't afford to delay your service anymore for sure.
msharma_79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th October 2008, 09:35   #39
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

I have been using LPG as alternate fuel on my gypsy for the past 7 years. I feel a smooth ride in LPG compared to Petrol. As for the power, I do not see difference. It lies in perfect tuning up the LPG supply in the vaporiser.

I also take the LPG driven gypsy for extreme off roadings. Engine performs as powerful in petrol too.

As for the safety concern, I do not have any issue as long as you don't smoke inside the vehicle and check for the leaking pipe and joints. That's it.

Dwarak
dwaraka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th October 2008, 00:19   #40
Senior - BHPian

The new multipoint sequential CNG kits deliver improved power, performance and emission output when compared to conventional CNG systems. Agreed, they're twice the cost, but they're worth the penny for those who have long commutes/day.
9thsphinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th October 2008, 01:13   #41
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9thsphinx View Post
The new multipoint sequential CNG kits deliver improved power, performance and emission output when compared to conventional CNG systems. Agreed, they're twice the cost, but they're worth the penny for those who have long commutes/day.
I agree with all this new technology available now one can get better experience than mine,but when i bought the lpg kit for my car 2.5years ago i did not have many options.

I drove more than 50k kms on lpg and quite a lot on cng,what i did not like was the availablity of both the fuels plus the headache of getting the tune PERFECT.
Old 17th October 2008, 11:31   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
I agree with all this new technology available now one can get better experience than mine,but when i bought the lpg kit for my car 2.5years ago i did not have many options.

I drove more than 50k kms on lpg and quite a lot on cng,what i did not like was the availablity of both the fuels plus the headache of getting the tune PERFECT.
Maybe I should mention, alternative fuel is more feasible ONLY where it is readily available
9thsphinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2010, 16:20   #43
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9thsphinx View Post
Maybe I should mention, alternative fuel is more feasible ONLY where it is readily available
Exactly, For anyone planning a LPG or CNG please check the availability of these fuels in area.

LPG is supplied through tankers. Even the most reputed LPG pumps are out of supply most of the times. The Best part about a LPG kit is the long Range.

CNG on the other side is available freely, but because all Commercial vehicles in Delhi use this fuel means you have to wait in the queues at almost all the pumps. With Limited range of less than 200kms for Cars with the most efficient engines and biggest possible tanks the experience may turn into a nightmare in some time.

Not even the best installers with best quality kits can match the Factory installed kits, Plus the factory installed kits come with a Warranty.

I know this is a old thread but i am adding some points just for the information of a lot of fellow BHPians and guests who are considering getting their cars converted to an alternate fuel.
Old 18th May 2010, 17:44   #44
Senior - BHPian

Anyone having CNG fitment on FORD cars... Fiesta preferably.

A mechanic told me that CNG is not that successful in Ford cars as it misfires.

Also, has anyone installed CNG kit in Civic, as my boss has sought my suggestion.

Last edited by CARDEEP : 18th May 2010 at 17:46.
CARDEEP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2010, 19:57   #45
BHPian

my baleno has been on cng for over 60k km. total mileage-1 lakh km.

no maintenance problems and no real power loss thanks to TAP but filling ever so frequently is a massive problem.

in our case though,my dad uses the baleno and as it's chauffeur driven,he manages the filling part.
sukrit7 is offline   Reply With Quote