Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Old 16th September 2010, 23:23   #31
Senior - BHPian

This is extreme by all means! Horrible. Though I like the rear with cycle ride on. However instead of cycles I do not mind having that attachment to carry my luggage on long drives.
getsurya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2010, 08:16   #32

looks cheap and ugly. I would't want anyone to see me on one of these. Expected a lot, Mahindra could and can do a lot better. Seriously, Yellow?
channelv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2010, 09:00   #33
Distinguished - BHPian
Infractions: 0/1 (5)

the yellow one looks odd. and those side plastic mock vents which are clearly copied from the Range Rover are also a tad tacky.

frankly the designers appear to have gone way overboard on this customization job - trying too hard to make this look like a tough, go anywhere SUV. typical bollywood ishtyle OTT cues.

atleast this one has the 4WD option - clearly seen from the selector switch.

But the Red Scorpio picture looks far more purposeful than the yellow one. The tyres of the Red Scorpio are superb, in comparison with those on the yellow one.

The colour choice should have been an Olive Drab or Jungle Green or Khaki - then it would have looked even wickeder.

the winch is a nice touch. The alloys are sad looking ones.

it would have been good if they had placed those headlamp/ light mesh protectors too.

the rest of the stuff including the in built GPS, vehicle tracking system, Jerry cans, fridge and cycle carriers etc are good useful tools. - perhaps some Geologists or other Explorer/ wannabe Indiana Jones type chaps would consider buying one or two of these for their use.

But, there is nothing quite like the original - those old Landrovers/ Defenders kitted out in full safari regalia. Anything else however great looking, will always be just a "wannabe".

Personally I think the whole job could be much more tastefully done, with less bling and far greater emphasis on function rather than form. But that,as they say, is another story...

Last edited by shankar.balan : 17th September 2010 at 09:02.
shankar.balan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th September 2010, 14:14   #34

Guys I have driven the earlier avatar of the extreme concept Scorpio a couple of years ago. Had also driven a Bolero stinger which in my opinion looks quite good. Mahindra offer you a unique custom color shade for your car. These vehicles are parked at Mahindra's office building in Worli, Mumbai. When I visited there was a friendly and helpful dude called Juggie who showed me around. He heads the customisation department.
Wolfheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2011, 01:31   #35
Thumbs up Re: Mahindra Scorpio's Photos - Scorpio Xtreme

Loved them all !

Now finally one can own an Indian version of a Hummer H2 SUT.

I can't wait to see more.

Excellent job by M&M.

Yes, I agree, they all seem to have some things lacking or somethings over the top.

If you could 'really' go & 'really' customize things - colour and even the small bits & pieces. It would be awesome !

Will definitely check it out at the earliest opportunity I get.

Dr.Suraj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2012, 23:43   #36
Default Re: Mahindra Scorpio's Photos - Scorpio Xtreme

Red one looks really mighty. The tyres are awesome.
SanScorp is offline   Reply With Quote