Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Old 25th September 2010, 12:44   #1
Default Skoda Superb - Uncomfortable Seats

I have the new Skoda Superb 2.0 TDI CR and am not really happy with the cushioning on the leather seats (both front and rear). The seats are really too "hard" for comfort. As for the headrest on the back seats, even a rock would be more softer Furthermore most leather seats in Skoda cars (my opinion) have this "rock hard" quality.
Since I also have the 2009 Honda Accord, which has more comfy cushioning, this "hard quality" of the seats in the Superb is more pronounced for me

My questions are:

1) By changing the current leather upholstery and putting top-notch Stanley leather (or some other good brand) will the seats become more comfy. Do these people add more cushioning while changing the leather.

Any advice from existing members who have changed the upholstery on a Skoda (whether a laura or Superb) would be great

2) Will the rear air bags be impacted by changing the upholstery

3) Any other solution for the hard seats. I don't want to put seat covers

rahuln is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th October 2010, 19:10   #2
Team-BHP Support

You can check with experts at Stanley and they sure would have solution to your problem. Generally by adding leather cover cushion comfort will not improve much, but they would be surely possible to mod the cushions, but there will be an additional cost involved.

Most of the newer cars somehow seems to come with harder cushioning, dont know if its like that for a reason. Only thing i can think of is maybe to compensate for the sag that will creep in as the seats age.
Jaggu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th October 2010, 13:58   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

Surprising you find the Superb's leather to be a problem. Its one of the finest leather quality given by any manufacturer, its Nappa leather !

I don't think changing the leather will make it all that soft, maybe the foam used inside is hard itself, but I really haven't found this to be a problem.
Sahil is offline   Reply With Quote