Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Old 21st May 2013, 13:52   #16
BHPian

Default Re: Aftermarket Armrest Fitment

This prodct looks interesting. Does it fit the Scorpio base model. The distance between the seats in the middle is definetely more than 15cms. How does it impact the power window switches located in the middle. If anyone has sourced it in Chennai, please do provide me the details
diwakarmuthu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2016, 10:02   #17
BHPian

Installed the armrest in my Alto. It's a tight fit but both the seats can be moved without problem. Had to drill just two holes in the Handbrake casing

Aftermarket Armrest Fitment-20160404_093257.jpg
Aftermarket Armrest Fitment-20160404_093249.jpg

Many thanks to schakravarthy who gave me the armrest and Abirnale the original owner.

Last edited by samaspire : 5th April 2016 at 10:05.
samaspire is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27th July 2016, 07:51   #18

The thought of getting an Arm Rest installed in my Dzire ZXI came into my mind after I was experiencing chronic pain in my left elbow, thanks to frequent 200 KM plus highways drives. Initially I was apprehensive about the gap between two seats where the Arm Rest will be placed. As per Specs mentioned, a minimum gap of 14 CM is required for installation of the Arm Rest, whereas in my car it was only 13 cm since I have installed a reasonably thick Seat Cover. I took a chance and ordered a Speedwav Arm Rest for Dzire from amazon.in. I thought of installing the Arm Rest by myself but realised that I don’t have Fibre Drilling machine with me and the hand brake plastic cover was too hard to be pierced by screw. I had to take the arm rest to my known accessory mechanic who did a splendid job of installing the Arm Rest.

Cost of the Arm Rest- Rs 680/-
Installation Charges- Rs 180/-

Here are some of my observations:

• All the Arm Rests are universal in nature. It is purely a marketing gimmick from various E Commerce sites to project that Arm Rests are car specific.
•It is written in the specification of the Arm Rest that Drilling is not required to get the arm rest installed, where as I think it is absolutely mandatory to drill the hand brake cover to ensure that the Arm Rest does not become loose with the day to day usage.

These are the few snaps of installation process & results:
Attached Thumbnails
Aftermarket Armrest Fitment-1.jpg  

Aftermarket Armrest Fitment-2.jpg  

Aftermarket Armrest Fitment-3.jpg  

Aftermarket Armrest Fitment-4.jpg  

Aftermarket Armrest Fitment-5.jpg  

peterasn is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27th July 2016, 08:28   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterasn View Post
The thought of getting an Arm Rest installed in my Dzire ZXI came into my mind after I was experiencing chronic pain in my left elbow, thanks to frequent 200 KM plus highways drives. Cost of the Arm Rest- Rs 680/-
Installation Charges- Rs 180/-
These are the few snaps of installation process & results:
Hi. Congrats on your new purchase. The fitting looks perfect and its completely worth. Am sure it will make your long trips more comfortable.
IMHO the arm rest colour is sticking out like a sore thumb. Why don't you get it covered with art leather which matches with your interior. You can get it for few hundred bucks. Just my two cent.
Drive safe.
Akib Khan is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote