Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Old 30th May 2006, 10:50   #31
BHPian

are you sure it is a real Mugen exhaust ? it is impossible to get a Mugen muffler for such a price ..
chetanhanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2006, 12:37   #32
BHPian

Default Mufflers

Is original Mugen/5Zigen Mufflers available in BLR, just checked with one of the shops in BLR, 5Zigen = 5.5K/-, doubtful about being original?
Raps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2006, 22:51   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godfather
i picked up my mugen stainless muffler for like 5500/- and the sound is not too much.. and lancer mania.. they look good on a car, its better that putting the show pipes.
Hi,
I enquired for a full performance exhaust setup for my S10 at Elektra outomotives chennai. They quoted 20k for a stainless one and around 15k for mild steel. These guys do a very good job job but dont know aout the price..Could you please tell me where to enquire for some branded mufflers and exhausts in chennai or bangalore??
shamjithrp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2006, 00:40   #34

dude i dont know about branded mufflers .... but the one i got put was just a 2 grand muffler ...and it has given me a hell lot off power
rohan.bhardwaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2006, 02:49   #35
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohan.bhardwaj
dude i dont know about branded mufflers .... but the one i got put was just a 2 grand muffler ...and it has given me a hell lot off power
That's really good man!
But what about the quality? Sound? What car you put this in?
Is it local made? Imported? Name?

Yes man I'm seriously hooked to this 2 grand thingy! So, pl reply.
speedzak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2006, 20:45   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
2 grand muffler ...and it has given me a hell lot off power
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak
Yes man I'm seriously hooked to this 2 grand thingy! So, pl reply.
Dont make a hasty decision. Because having spent a few lakhs on a car that has been designed with years of R&D by engineers and then fitting it with a muffler designed by welders/mechanics is not a smart idea.

You get local mufflers for like 1 - 2k but its hard to believe that they will do much good, let alone increase POWER.

That said I dont know much about these free-flow muffler systems but Psycho will be the right person to comment on what to look for when you want power and what it takes for a good muffler/freeflow system.

If its sound your after just crack your tailpipe --- J/K

Last edited by s0uljah : 12th July 2006 at 20:49.
s0uljah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2006, 22:03   #37

Smile

You get local mufflers for like 1 - 2k but its hard to believe that they will do much good, let alone increase POWER.

i got like a local muffler put... but i got it put from a person who designs exhausts and mufflers for rally racings.....
trust me ....
if u were in delhi i would have surely met u made u listen to the voice off my honda ......... the performance that i have recieved after the muffler is aaaaaa lot .. trust me...
Old 12th July 2006, 23:18   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

i got like a local muffler put... but i got it put from a person who designs exhausts and mufflers for rally racings.....
trust me ....
if u were in delhi i would have surely met u made u listen to the voice off my honda ......... the performance that i have recieved after the muffler is aaaaaa lot .. trust me...
Well we trust you rohan but you know what we are about to plan a meet for delhiites soon and we would surely like to hear your exhaust when we meet. And of course know about the man who designs rally car exhausts!

Anyways which Honda City do you drive & what all modifications have you done to it? Why don't you post an introduction?
iraghava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2006, 00:38   #39
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0uljah
Dont make a hasty decision. Because having spent a few lakhs on a car that has been designed with years of R&D by engineers and then fitting it with a muffler designed by welders/mechanics is not a smart idea.

If its sound your after just crack your tailpipe --- J/K
No man no! I'm in no haste to put it in my car. I wanna know the actual story of a 2k muffler giving out so much of POWER! Then what's that with Automech, Magnaflow etc.. Which is 10 times expensive has in them? This made me very curious. Although In very rare cases I've seen some locally assembled exhausts performing better than a reputed one. So, our man may have something solid with him too.
Old 13th July 2006, 02:05   #40

Smile

hey
i have a dual cone airfilter , a free flow exhaust with a rally muffler , an exhaust manifold and a performance additional chip ..... .......
say my car is about 145 bhp........
let me know where the lineup is and ill surely meet u ....
tc
rohan
Old 13th July 2006, 12:58   #41
Senior - BHPian

145bhp?!! That means you can whooooop a Skoda vRS any freakin day!
autopsyche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2006, 13:04   #42
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by autopsyche
145bhp?!! That means you can whooooop a Skoda vRS any freakin day!
Arrey Arush Bhai,

He is gonna invite you and the Barracuda for a drag. 45 BHP from dual cone airfilter , a free flow exhaust with a rally muffler , an exhaust manifold and a performance additional chip. I think we all need to go to his tuner to soup up our cars.

Viper
viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2006, 13:24   #43
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper
Arrey Arush Bhai,

He is gonna invite you and the Barracuda for a drag. 45 BHP from dual cone airfilter , a free flow exhaust with a rally muffler , an exhaust manifold and a performance additional chip. I think we all need to go to his tuner to soup up our cars.

Viper
Please!!!

Tomorrow Mugen, Honda, Brabus, AMG and WRC everybody is going to queue up in front of him for precious tips from this Tuner man!!!!
Old 13th July 2006, 13:55   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper
45 BHP from dual cone airfilter , a free flow exhaust with a rally muffler , an exhaust manifold and a performance additional chip. I think we all need to go to his tuner to soup up our cars.
Viper
Edit: Ooops i thought it was an esteem. Khaadu mentioned it somewhere.. but still, 45bhp!

Last edited by autopsyche : 13th July 2006 at 13:58.
autopsyche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2006, 14:05   #45
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
i have a dual cone airfilter , a free flow exhaust with a rally muffler , an exhaust manifold and a performance additional chip ..... .......
say my car is about 145 bhp........
talk about being optimistic.

rohan for all you know its the sound from your intake and exhaust that makes you feel your car is putting out the power you think it is.
just to help you out undestand gains a little better, try timing a 0-100 kmph run on your car and a friend's stock (no mods) 1.5 ohc.

a normal honda city would take roughly 11 secs to get to 100 kmph, going by a 45 bhp, or being a little pessimistic say about 40 bhp (which implies a 40% gain) should make your car hit a 0-100 in nothing more than 7-7.5 secs.
you could try the same even quarter mile runs.

or make it simple, do a quarter mile with irghava's (apparently tricked) ohc, which surely puts out less than the power you've mentioned, and you'll know what kinda gains/losses the mods have made.

manson.

Last edited by manson : 13th July 2006 at 14:11.
manson is offline   Reply With Quote