Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Old 4th December 2010, 22:42   #136
BHPian

RKR,
Saturday night.
Great work, very very eager curious anxious.. whatever.. to see the Logan in it's full avatar. Please post the pictures as soon as possible.
And now that the Logan is all set what is your next project? Just curious.
Hope you will keep us all posted with your work.
BusyBoyKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th December 2010, 12:02   #137
BHPian

Default Awesome

Congrats RKR , a very beautifully done bonnet and bumper. I think front look resembles Chrysler as in the picture.

I would completely agree with amit_mechengg about the split grill, it would look awesome. IMO the big grill looks good for lengthy cars, considering the length of Logan a smaller grill would make it look more sporty.
Attached Images

Wind splitter is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th December 2010, 00:31   #138
BHPian

Thankyou for your kind words.

To address some of your queries:

As far as splitting the grile is concerned, the original emotional sketch did have a numberplate sitting on a solid number plate garnish right in front of the crash bar through the grille. However with the current grille which is a strong stainless wire mesh - difficult to cut and shape- we decided to seat the number plate on the grille mesh directly.

The grille is certainly not the type to lose shape or profile with a mere prod or a poke unlike some of those thinner guage aluminium ones so that part has been taken care of.

We also chose not to split the grille to simply differentiate it from that common trend as seen of late. The grille does not seem to look out of proportion to the length
of the car, but well that is a subjective point.

The next substantial redesign project is probably using the Fiat Sienna 1.6 petrol as a donor car. The thought as of now is to create a 2 door sports car on this platform and would probably involve some structural modifications to the roof and pillars. It is still at a conceptual stage so open to ideas on what to do with it...
R.K.Ramesh is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th December 2010, 00:57   #139
BHPian

Default The Lady's new clothes

While the painting process was on, we had been looking out for angle eyes which we were not able to procure as an individual unit to fit around the headlamps. Therefore we decided to go for white LED strip lights which are said to be weather proof and can be stuck on with adhesive on one side. Decided to wrap these around the headlights for now till we can replace them with custom angel eyes and eyebrows...
Name:  DSCF1439.jpg
Views: 4640
Size:  43.6 KB

The Lady's kajal (light bezels) had to be custom made too and painted matt black since thought not too obvious, they would be visible on closer inspection. We are on the look out for people who can make quality custom glass/plastic lens that wont scratch easy or go dull with use. In those, lens to match the quality of OEMs. Would be thankful to anyone in the know in this regard.
So folks, here we have the Kajal (eye liners) around those piercing eyes. Of course care has been taken to ensure that they can be adjusted for focus on both the X and y axes.
Name:  DSCF1440.jpg
Views: 4609
Size:  34.2 KB

And then she got painted in her original shade...
The front faceoff without the bumpers had to be painted matt black to present a pretty face through the grille mesh.
Name:  DSCF1445.jpg
Views: 4612
Size:  43.9 KB

Masking tape helps demarcate various zones where details like shiny and matt black paint had to be applied.
I'd say she seemed rather happy with her boot lid profile from the top 3/4 view.
Name:  DSCF1447.jpg
Views: 4610
Size:  31.5 KB

And then her DLO - side profile greenhouse was given a glossy black finish to add more speed to her new rather racier form.
Name:  DSCF1451.jpg
Views: 4606
Size:  47.9 KB

More pics to follow with the bandages coming off the Lady's new face..., layer by layer, the assembly, polishing, the interior cleaning and PDI...

Last edited by R.K.Ramesh : 6th December 2010 at 01:15.
Old 6th December 2010, 07:45   #140
BHPian

ver very nice work RKR - even though a little "dull" (compared to the rest of the car) the colour chosen actually suits the car quite well - me likes
adisag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th December 2010, 16:33   #141
BHPian

Read the entire thread in a single sitting RKR. A splendid job i say on a car that begs for cosmetic surgery. Very good front end but the lines come to an abrupt end towards the rear. Budget constraints u said in the thread. But it really deserves a more buxom look. Well rounded, to complement the chic front. But all in all an excellent make over without doubt. Have you considered a suspension overhaul too ? get a little lower maybe.

Last edited by nairanupg : 6th December 2010 at 16:34.
nairanupg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th December 2010, 22:54   #142
BHPian

As a matter of fact, the sober colour does suit this car is what we all thought too. It has certainly fulfilled it design brief of an upmarketing looking upgrade at a price point.

Well Nairanupg, what can I say but you certainly seem to be a strong determined person who likes to finish what you started. As far as the rear buxom look is concerned, as I see it anything more complex and the price increased by the panel...not to say that nothing better can be done in the same budget constraint but well I gave it the best shot as of now, and yes I can do better for the next one.

Oh and forgot to add that I too thought that the orange nose mounted indicator lights looked like a sore thumb, but it actually seems to go well with the oval headlight scoops and underlay the bonnet flutes from the front in real life.
I too would have preferred them with a white lens but well given their oddball shape there is only that much one can do when trying to get as close to the emotional sketch as possible.

Last edited by R.K.Ramesh : 6th December 2010 at 22:56.
Old 6th December 2010, 23:28   #143
Senior - BHPian

Well quite eager to see the car. I am assuming it is done by now. How was the airport trip.
thedreamcatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th December 2010, 23:41   #144
BHPian

How long will you make us wait to introduce her in her complete bridal wear?
Earlier I was thinking that by saturday night the suspense will be over, since she has to go for the airport duty on sunday. But didn't she go for that?
9tMax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th December 2010, 23:49   #145
BHPian

Well truth to be told, there was a lot of last minute nail polish, eye lashes, teeth whitening, a good perfume bath inside out and other small embellishments so she missed her airport date on the Sunday.

Talking about being fashionably late...ah well - but we have to ensure that she will keep her other dates.
Nearly there gentlemen....nearly there...
Old 7th December 2010, 00:05   #146
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Default The Dacia Logan

Here are a few pictures of the Logan that should have come to India 1 year ago.
2009 Dacia Logan Car Pictures and Cars For Sale - CARSMAGz

I prefer this over the Etios any day especially for the price the Logan sells for.

Last edited by drpullockaran : 7th December 2010 at 00:08.
drpullockaran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th December 2010, 00:07   #147
BHPian

Default One makeover coming right up

Well the yellow masking tape is still on here just to remind us that a bit of matt black nail polish is to be sprayed on.

Tried a little something with a wooden numberplate handle...The LEDs concealed in it really light up the number plate well. Thought because we didnt want to move the key hole the plate is a bit squeezed up.
Name:  DSCF1478.jpg
Views: 4455
Size:  41.6 KB

And the front - well she is a bit coy here - wearing a newspaper burqah

The grille surround was being painted a certain metallic grey thought I would have ideally preferred a chrome liner - but have to look for someone with an adequate level of finish...As you can see she still has a bit of make up left to do...but she is certainly on the way shortly.
Attached Images

Last edited by R.K.Ramesh : 7th December 2010 at 00:18.
Old 7th December 2010, 09:36   #148
Senior - BHPian

the rear has turned out very nice.
14000rpm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th December 2010, 10:12   #149
BHPian

Hi,

First of all i would like to congratulate on the wonderful design . The Car front End looks like the new chevy Aveo as shown below:

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.K.Ramesh View Post
Well the yellow masking tape is still on here just to remind us that a bit of matt black nail polish is to be sprayed on.

Tried a little something with a wooden numberplate handle...The LEDs concealed in it really light up the number plate well. Thought because we didnt want to move the key hole the plate is a bit squeezed up.
Attachment 465062

And the front - well she is a bit coy here - wearing a newspaper burqah

The grille surround was being painted a certain metallic grey thought I would have ideally preferred a chrome liner - but have to look for someone with an adequate level of finish...As you can see she still has a bit of make up left to do...but she is certainly on the way shortly.
Gurudatta Nayak is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 7th December 2010, 14:18   #150
BHPian

Congrats Ramesh for this wonderful design, both front and rear looks great. Waiting for the final pics
sudhi_des is offline   Reply With Quote