Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Old 27th November 2010, 00:27   #76
Senior - BHPian

Great Work RKR, eager to see the outcome.Btw i hope you dont mind sharing the moolah spent.
agspins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2010, 00:29   #77
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.K.Ramesh View Post
Thanks Superboy44.
I must also add a gracious thankyou for the 5 star rating and a Hot thread listing - Is it the mods or the kind participants who decides this honour ?- I wonder - not sure how it works. Thanks all the same gentlemen.

Its for the passion with which you work with

I am watching and all excited about the end result.
PAVAN KADAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2010, 01:55   #78
An1
BHPian

Been hooked to this thread from 3 days now.. & checkiing everytime the updates on 'THE LOGAN' project!!

Great effort man.. Your project is definitely on its way to become the best modded Logan in India..or maybe in the world !!
An1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2010, 08:10   #79
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.K.Ramesh View Post
Ever since my school days in the 80s, I have been doodling automotive forms in my rough books...Never knew then that I would some day chuck a successful IT career, spend all my earnings and more to complete 2 masters Coventry University programmes - an MSc. in automotive Engineering Manufacturing Management and an M.A. Automotive Design...
Hey Ramesh,

With the interest in your thread i forgot to mention this point in introduction. Me too from Coventry University.. Feels great to see a fellow graduate doing this and that too in Namma Bengaluru Well i did not do 2 masters like you have done, just a masters in automotive engg, later felt could have done automotive design..anyway was too late by then..

With this work, i feel your carrer to be in automotive design studios?

Enough of my talking, eagerly waiting for you and your vehicle to do the talking. One more doubt, have you already finished up with your vehicle or still in process?

Last edited by informmaha : 27th November 2010 at 08:13.
informmaha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2010, 14:08   #80

Just saw this thread, as everyone has commented it is a brilliant job, very clean lines, looks awesome! Waiting to see the finished car, looks like a Mahindra Evo in the making, superb!!!

Last edited by Jaggu : 27th November 2010 at 14:12. Reason: Please take time to post with proper punctuations, avoid typing like..... this..... Thanks.
Fiaturbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2010, 20:58   #81
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiaturbo View Post
Just saw this thread, as everyone has commented it is a brilliant job, very clean lines, looks awesome! Waiting to see the finished car, looks like a Mahindra Evo in the making, superb!!!

Going by your handle. Are you actually running a Turbo Fiat (Premier Padmini) If yes details would be much appreciated !!

Thanks

Last edited by Ricky_63 : 27th November 2010 at 21:00.
Ricky_63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2010, 22:20   #82
Senior - BHPian

Ramesh Saar, I got the details of the garage. I will surely have a look at the Logan soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky_63 View Post
Are you actually running a Turbo Fiat (Premier Padmini)
It is having a Contessa engine!
funkykar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2010, 23:16   #83
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by informmaha View Post
Hey Ramesh,

With the interest in your thread i forgot to mention this point in introduction. Me too from Coventry University..

Enough of my talking, eagerly waiting for you and your vehicle to do the talking. One more doubt, have you already finished up with your vehicle or still in process?
Nice to see another Cov Uni alumni here. Wanted to write you a PM or an e-mail but was unable to do so.

No the car has not yet been painted, the detailing is being attended to at the moment. It is WIP but if all goes well should be delivered next week.

I am still looking for clear lens rear lights for the Logan - Would be thankful to any pointers to where I can source them from here in Bangalore or even elsewhere.
The clear lens rear lights, if found, can be customised and retrofitted onto the vehicle post painting and assembly.

Last edited by R.K.Ramesh : 27th November 2010 at 23:22.
R.K.Ramesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th November 2010, 00:33   #84
BHPian

Check with Thouqeer in Auto fusion. He might have some pointers. He'll definitely get you those angel eyes (not the entire headlight assembly)

Also, I think that original ORVMs a shade too small and actually look awful in the car. The newer versions of the Logan have a bigger and a much better looking ORVMs. You might want to look at that
suneet_ag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th November 2010, 09:21   #85
BHPian

I'm very sorry for the Late reply.I had been out of town and have just returned last night.The fog lights are easily available in the market.
Make-autopal
Bulbs-100/90 halogen with cutout.
assembly cost is fairly minimal as only Rs 460/- pair with bill.

The clear lens back light is a problem though, because the person i bought it from doesn't want to sell only the backlights.So even i had to buy those headlamps as well as taillamps together.I'll try my best to help you out in this project.
Regards,
Naparajito
Naparajito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th November 2010, 15:53   #86
BHPian

Hey RKR (sorry mate, that remainded me of KRK),

Your story is nothing short of spectacular. One has to be very daring, to do what you did. But people like you become inspiration for others.

Coming to logan, it is turning out really well. Honestly I wasn't expecting the job to be this good. But your workmanship is fabulous. The new design reminds me of many cars like dodge charger, skyline GTR, lancer evo 10, and some what new mustang. Not that it is a bad thing. I love all of these cars.

I see you have formed the front out of CRC sheets. what is the thickness of sheet and how did you formed them so accurately? Also will it add any weight to front?

I am sure the final result will be rocking, so eagerly waiting for it. Mahindra should consult you if they want to sell logan for longer time.

Cheers...
indianvirus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th November 2010, 18:48   #87
Senior - BHPian

Some people do live up to their dream passion. great work
gigy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th November 2010, 19:05   #88
BHPian

Super work on the mod there RKR.
Eagerly waiting for the Final outcome.
nithinnarayanan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th November 2010, 19:34   #89
BHPian

Mr. Ramesh, i must appreciate your thought process towards this design. The lines on this new make over is nicely merging with the sharp and straight lines of the Logan. i like the attention to detail on the front bumper. Hope the grill and paint job comes out good enough to justify the work gone into it, since those two play a major role. Glued to this thread
baddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th November 2010, 22:35   #90
BHPian

Gentlemen, your appeciation is humbling...Thankyou!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by suneet_ag View Post
Check with Thouqeer in Auto fusion. He might have some pointers. He'll definitely get you those angel eyes (not the entire headlight assembly)

Also, I think that original ORVMs a shade too small and actually look awful in the car. The newer versions of the Logan have a bigger and a much better looking ORVMs. You might want to look at that
Thanks Suneet for the lead, might you have an idea where this Auto Fusion is located? Is it the one somewhere in Koramangala ? We were actually considering a rear view mirror switch, so this suggestion is a good start thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naparajito View Post
I'm very sorry for the Late reply.

The clear lens back light is a problem though, because the person i bought it from doesn't want to sell only the backlights.So even i had to buy those headlamps as well as taillamps together.I'll try my best to help you out in this project.
Regards,
Naparajito
Would really appreciate you helping hand on this Naparajito- I am urgently looking for those clear lens rear lights as the Lady is driving into the operation booth to prepare her for her painting her new clothes on tomorrow if all things go according to plan. So if we can source these lights in the next 2-3 days it would fit it just on time before delivery.

Quote:
Originally Posted by indianvirus View Post
Hey RKR (sorry mate, that remainded me of KRK),

Your story is nothing short of spectacular. One has to be very daring, to do what you did. But people like you become inspiration for others.

Coming to logan, it is turning out really well. Honestly I wasn't expecting the job to be this good. But your workmanship is fabulous.

I see you have formed the front out of CRC sheets. what is the thickness of sheet and how did you formed them so accurately? Also will it add any weight to front?

I am sure the final result will be rocking, so eagerly waiting for it.
Cheers...
Truth to be told I did go through many a lesson - some trying, some life altering lessons in life during my career switch and have come away a stronger, wiser, and perhaps a more humbled and inward looking...who can let go, move on and look at the brighter side of things

Coming to the car - yes - we did use Sheet metal - the variety and thickness is something I can check on and get back to you. I all honesty, it is not as accurate - to OEM levels - as I would have liked it. But workmanship is certainly up there with the best within these practices in India. More to do with the experienced hand and my insistance and hawk eye when drawing and cutting out the templates. So I can say I am happy with this as a starting point...

And yes as it is sheet metal with metal paste it is heavier than the stock fibre bumpers but not as heavy as many after market fibregalss unit.

Having driven it till 80-90kmph on the ring road, I can say that I didnt experience any major change in wind noise or odd lightening of the front nor rattling on rougher sections - so far so good then, will check things out an the final assembly and PDI stage.

Yes Baddy, given all the variable parametres, I too hope that the grille and paint finish come out top notch. Have a qualified feeling that it is very likely to come good after all.

Last edited by R.K.Ramesh : 28th November 2010 at 22:40.
R.K.Ramesh is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote