Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 16th December 2010, 11:28   #76
BHPian
 
brraj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: bangalore
Posts: 794
Thanked: 348 Times
Default Re: Re-Mapped Optra Magnum TCDI. EDIT:Dyno Graph on Pg 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky_63 View Post
I love this !! Never did the Magnum, entice so many of us, albeit when it was launched !! I WISH the car companies have tuning tie ups like TRD, AMG et al.

The enthusiast would go running there with his wallet wide open.

Is my imagination going wild !!

Cheerio
I had an eye on magnum from the day it had launched mainly because of its torque, But lack of support for braking, handling and to tune engine like what peter has done to skoda 1.9tdi 180bhp i couldnt find at those times but now with TDI racing i have option for..

- Engine remap
- Adding nozzle
- Bosio injectors
- Turbo upgrade
- Slotted rotors
- Suspension job
- Exhaust

There is a lot you can do on magnum, money is the limit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
Those are some good figures, and its great to see that your upgrading the handling and braking aspects too.
Thanks, Believe me you cant unleash the power in this car without handling and braking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
Wasnt this dyno showing a stock Civic below 100bhp?
Yes, more info here
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modif...ml#post2141259
brraj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2010, 14:15   #77
Distinguished - BHPian
 
dhanushs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Bathery/BLR
Posts: 3,445
Thanked: 4,054 Times
Default Re: Re-Mapped Optra Magnum TCDI. EDIT:Dyno Graph on Pg 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by brraj View Post
Is it your car? or is it your friends? I see blue bulbs.. Let me know what brand is that and how is the light throw.
Its my friends car in Cochin. Not sure about the make of the bulbs, will let you know though.
dhanushs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2010, 19:07   #78
Awaiting Email Confirmation
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: ERNAKULAM
Posts: 947
Thanked: 317 Times
Default Re: Re-Mapped Optra Magnum TCDI. EDIT:Dyno Graph on Pg 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanushs View Post
Its my friends car in Cochin. Not sure about the make of the bulbs, will let you know though.
The only option for sleeper cars are bulbs that can help see better which means they have to be between 3200 kelvin and 4200 kelvin in colour temperature. My answer is too simplistic but thats the jist of it for night time driving. Colour temps matter a lot in visibility and going higher than 4200 kelvin is just a waste of time and money. HID's have to be nearly twice as bright to give you the same warning as when seeing distant objects with tungsten filament. Tungsten is to analogue records as HID is to digital recording and any recording artist worth his grain of salt will tell you that analogue is far better than any compressed digital format since both our eyes and ears operate in the analogue domain. I am digressing from the topic so will stop now.

Please read articles by daniel stern on the net to get a clearer picture.
Daniel Stern Lighting Consultancy and Supply
drpullockaran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2010, 21:09   #79
BHPian
 
nims's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Bangalore, cochin
Posts: 98
Thanked: 2 Times
Default Re: Remapped figures

Quote:
Originally Posted by brraj View Post
Remap done by TdiRacing (TdiRacing.net)



Figures after remap
Bhp - 163bhp
Torque - 435nm

Down pipe reworked for free flow.
you have got to be kidding me. i really have to get me one of those!
nims is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2010, 10:20   #80
BHPian
 
brraj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: bangalore
Posts: 794
Thanked: 348 Times
Default Re: Remapped figures

Quote:
Originally Posted by drpullockaran View Post
The only option for sleeper cars are bulbs that can help see better which means they have to be between 3200 kelvin and 4200 kelvin in colour temperature. My answer is too simplistic but thats the jist of it for night time driving. Colour temps matter a lot in visibility and going higher than 4200 kelvin is just a waste of time and money. HID's have to be nearly twice as bright to give you the same warning as when seeing distant objects with tungsten filament. Tungsten is to analogue records as HID is to digital recording and any recording artist worth his grain of salt will tell you that analogue is far better than any compressed digital format since both our eyes and ears operate in the analogue domain. I am digressing from the topic so will stop now.

Please read articles by daniel stern on the net to get a clearer picture.
Daniel Stern Lighting Consultancy and Supply
Thanks for the info, Will check both before purchasing and decide.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nims View Post
you have got to be kidding me. i really have to get me one of those!
Those figures are old check page 4 .
brraj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2010, 13:27   #81
BHPian
 
raj.barcode's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 678
Thanked: 61 Times
Default Re: Re-Mapped Optra Magnum TCDI. EDIT:Dyno Graph on Pg 4

Yesterday been in optra magnum, luckily i was able to drive stock and remapped magnum on the same day in the interval of 4 hours, Brrajs magnum is just too good in second and third gear but some how i feel it loses out later on in fourth and fifth.
Hope he rectifies that issue, then it is a will become a full blown monster from baby monster it is now.

Note: please remove that stupid intake it sounds very bad for your car and didn't realize you had custom exhaust in the vehicle

Last edited by raj.barcode : 18th December 2010 at 13:30.
raj.barcode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th December 2010, 14:53   #82
BHPian
 
krish3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Cochin/Bangalore
Posts: 608
Thanked: 15 Times
Default Re: Re-Mapped Optra Magnum TCDI. EDIT:Dyno Graph on Pg 4

Great re-map. But just reading Raj.Barcode's observation, this remap is contrary to the usage that it is intended to, which is mainly highway driving.

I'm sure you will have noticed it yourself and hopefully taking steps to correct this minor drawback.

I've got to find out some time to spend in your Torq-magnum.
krish3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st December 2010, 10:31   #83
BHPian
 
brraj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: bangalore
Posts: 794
Thanked: 348 Times
Default Re: Re-Mapped Optra Magnum TCDI. EDIT:Dyno Graph on Pg 4

Tested the car with slotted rotors in one of our night drives and its much better compared to stock rotors.

I know that with this upgrade stock pads life wont last for more than 10,000 kms but my life, my cars life and others life on road is more important than pads life .

Re-Mapped Optra Magnum TCDI. EDIT:Dyno Graph on Pg 4-img_2813.jpg

Re-Mapped Optra Magnum TCDI. EDIT:Dyno Graph on Pg 4-img_2814.jpg

Re-Mapped Optra Magnum TCDI. EDIT:Dyno Graph on Pg 4-img_2815.jpg

Re-Mapped Optra Magnum TCDI. EDIT:Dyno Graph on Pg 4-img_2816.jpg
brraj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st December 2010, 14:23   #84
BHPian
 
brraj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: bangalore
Posts: 794
Thanked: 348 Times
Default Re: Re-Mapped Optra Magnum TCDI. EDIT:Dyno Graph on Pg 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj.barcode View Post
Note: please remove that stupid intake it sounds very bad for your car and didn't realize you had custom exhaust in the vehicle
As i have already mentioned intake is Temporary for testing purpose. Yes, exhaust is customized in my vehicle.
Quote:
Originally Posted by krish3 View Post
I've got to find out some time to spend in your Torq-magnum.
We can meet up in bangy meets.
brraj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2010, 10:50   #85
BHPian
 
raj.barcode's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 678
Thanked: 61 Times
Default Re: Re-Mapped Optra Magnum TCDI. EDIT:Dyno Graph on Pg 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by brraj View Post
As i have already mentioned intake is Temporary for testing purpose. Yes, exhaust is customized in my vehicle. We can meet up in bangy meets.

what customization has been done; just wanted to know because it will help other people modding diesel vehicles and it might be me also

images appreciated!!
raj.barcode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2010, 13:18   #86
BHPian
 
brraj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: bangalore
Posts: 794
Thanked: 348 Times
Default Re: Re-Mapped Optra Magnum TCDI. EDIT:Dyno Graph on Pg 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj.barcode View Post
what customization has been done; just wanted to know because it will help other people modding diesel vehicles
Cat con exists but expansion chamber is redesigned to allow more air flow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by raj.barcode View Post
and it might be me also
Knowing you i dont think you will do these kind of mods .
Quote:
Originally Posted by raj.barcode View Post
images appreciated!!
The mod is done inside expansion chamber so even if i post pictures it looks stock.

Last edited by brraj : 22nd December 2010 at 13:19.
brraj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2010, 18:06   #87
GTO
Team-BHP Support
 
GTO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Bombay
Posts: 47,706
Thanked: 89,037 Times
Default Re: Re-Mapped Optra Magnum TCDI. EDIT:Dyno Graph on Pg 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj.barcode View Post
Brrajs magnum is just too good in second and third gear but some how i feel it loses out later on in fourth and fifth.
I notice you didn't mention 1st gear either. My first suspect : Increased turbo-lag (vis a vis stock). Lag hits you the most in 1st gear, and overdrive gears (if your rpm would have been <2,000 then).
GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd December 2010, 11:21   #88
BHPian
 
brraj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: bangalore
Posts: 794
Thanked: 348 Times
Default Re: Re-Mapped Optra Magnum TCDI. EDIT:Dyno Graph on Pg 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
My first suspect : Increased turbo-lag (vis a vis stock). Lag hits you the most in 1st gear, and overdrive gears (if your rpm would have been <2,000 then).
Lag exists but much better than stock car. All it takes is at what RPM and when to shift gear to extract power and we usually wont be < 2000 rpm on our highway drives.
brraj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd December 2010, 11:56   #89
BHPian
 
iceman7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 704
Thanked: 256 Times
Default Re: Re-Mapped Optra Magnum TCDI. EDIT:Dyno Graph on Pg 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by brraj View Post
Finally got the Dyno Graph from Red Rooster racing and am happy with figures.

430.5 NM of torque
172.8 bhp
Happy? I'd be ecstatic with these figures. I think i'd probably spend a full day dragging on red lights

On a serious note - This seems to be a very well executed job. I for one didn't know that so much could be done with a Magnum. You, my friend, have put some crazy ideas into our heads.

Have fun!!
iceman7 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd December 2010, 14:38   #90
BHPian
 
taranonline's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: India
Posts: 279
Thanked: 105 Times
Default Re: Re-Mapped Optra Magnum TCDI. EDIT:Dyno Graph on Pg 4

awesome is the only word i have to say

also, seems like its too much power for a fwd. please have tyre/brakes upgrade.

and please drive safer.


Last edited by FlyingSpur : 24th December 2010 at 13:35. Reason: Please stick to the two-smileys-per-post rule. Thanks.
taranonline is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
My Honda City Vtec - RRP Dyno report - Graph included fieroid Modifications & Accessories 29 25th October 2012 16:49
My TURBO-Charged Swift Petrol! And a dyno graph too Sportsmind Modifications & Accessories 43 8th September 2011 02:40
Accord V6, mapped Linea, Fusion & Jetta on the dyno! UPDATE: Comparo on pg3 GTO Modifications & Accessories 69 14th January 2011 18:06
1st ever Dyno Graph of my Turbocharged Hybrid OHC (320+ WHP!) Ford Rocam Modifications & Accessories 316 15th November 2010 19:44
Modded Skoda RS Dyno Graph KS Motorsport Modifications & Accessories 30 21st October 2010 10:59


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 17:15.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks