Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 27th October 2008, 15:23   #2281
Senior - BHPian
 
shajufx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: BLR & Muscat
Posts: 1,507
Thanked: 210 Times
Default

Anyone has some idea about the brand 'EVO' imported 100/90 headlights ? I checked with a shop here and the owner suggested EVO 100/90 (white) for my wagonR (upgrading from philips crystalvision), quoted price around 1500 with fitting. He claims EVO to be much better than other 100/90 of NARVA or Ralley.
shajufx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2008, 15:28   #2282
Team-BHP Support
 
tsk1979's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 22,605
Thanked: 14,877 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
Anyone has some idea about the brand 'EVO' imported 100/90 headlights ? I checked with a shop here and the owner suggested EVO 100/90 (white) for my wagonR (upgrading from philips crystalvision), quoted price around 1500 with fitting. He claims EVO to be much better than other 100/90 of NARVA or Ralley.
the intensity of headlamps is inversly proportional to their price.
For example, philips 130/100W is 350rs/pair, and is better than Narva which is 750/pair.
So the more you pay, the less light you get.
Buy Philips 100/90(from distributor, 90% of shops in BLR have fakes, I have had the pleasure of fakes too in BLR), and be happy.
Good relay with wiring will cost 350-700rs depending upon brand.
tsk1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2008, 16:27   #2283
BHPian
 
Shakensoul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: AS01
Posts: 490
Thanked: 213 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by anantnehru View Post
Allright, so my mechanic made a trip to Kashmere Gate and bought me my Hellas.
Hella 450s (yellow - since all my other lights are white) for Rs.3750.
Hella 500s are bigger but round - i wanted square. They were for about Rs.4100.
Hella 550s are in white only and are bigger than the 450s.
Just my input.
I am not sure if I got fake or genuine Hella's, but I got 2 Hella 450 driving lights w/o wiring harness for 1300 from Lajpat Nagar Mrkt. It was in Hella packaging with hologram sticker on the lights, if its fake hella than I must give credit to the manufacturers for making such genuine fakes. The shopkeeper is also known to me, there were only 2 pieces left, maybe they were from very old stock
Shakensoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2008, 16:55   #2284
Senior - BHPian
 
shajufx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: BLR & Muscat
Posts: 1,507
Thanked: 210 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
Buy Philips 100/90(from distributor, 90% of shops in BLR have fakes, I have had the pleasure of fakes too in BLR), and be happy. Good relay with wiring will cost 350-700rs depending upon brand.
I am madly in love with the white light, specially after using crystalvision for an year. I want to upgrade to 100/90 just because many streetlights on the ORR are gone and the trucks blind you left right and centre. Only purpose is to protect myself from hitting the median with poor light (Its equal to driving blindfolded while raining). EVO is white light, now the choice would be between Narva & Evo.

Last edited by shajufx : 27th October 2008 at 16:56.
shajufx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2008, 17:00   #2285
Team-BHP Support
 
tsk1979's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 22,605
Thanked: 14,877 Times
Default

Bluevision is also white light, why not go for bluevision?
tsk1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2008, 17:13   #2286
BHPian
 
adi99's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 274
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

I have used Philips bluevision, diamond vision and Narva. For me, Narva was the best so far compared to these. I dont know anything about Evo though.

For me, driving in the rain was always a problem with these white lights!
adi99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2008, 18:08   #2287
BHPian
 
ultimatechamp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 405
Thanked: 50 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samir Taheer View Post

In 5k you'll get a nice set of Hella 3000. You'll even be able to choose your lens tint.
Where would you get a pair of Hella 3000 in 5k Samir?Are you talking about just the 3000 or the new 3000 Compact which is allegedly 22% smaller in size than the older 3000?
I am asking because all the US based internet sites give price of 3000 (which is not sold in pairs,as $100 each (the plain and simple ones without any tints!) and according to xe.com ,that would come to Rs 5000 each and not a set !!

I am personally looking for a pair of either Hella 4000 Compact or 3000 Compact.If you manage to procure them for me for the price you have quoted,I will be so much grateful Samir.


@tsk1979: Did you have a look at the Hella HydroLUX ?

Last edited by ultimatechamp : 27th October 2008 at 18:10.
ultimatechamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2008, 18:59   #2288
Senior - BHPian
 
shajufx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: BLR & Muscat
Posts: 1,507
Thanked: 210 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi99 View Post
I have used Philips bluevision, diamond vision and Narva. For me, Narva was the best so far compared to these. I dont know anything about Evo though. For me, driving in the rain was always a problem with these white lights!
That was a great tip. Bluevision is something I wanted first. White lights are always bad in the rains as read somewhere else too. Evo is a new brand, so there is no testimony on the durability, performance etc. only issue being 3 or 4 times the cost of Narva. May be I should decide on Evo itself and give a testimony here. Still cross checking the price difference between shops.
shajufx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2008, 19:03   #2289
BHPian
 
Samir Taheer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: London & Pune
Posts: 371
Thanked: 19 Times
Default

Ultimatehchamp - It's the Rallye 3000's. Not the compacts. By 4000's do you mean the Luminators?

Give me a couple of days and i'll find out exact prices for you.
Samir Taheer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2008, 20:11   #2290
BHPian
 
anantnehru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 445
Thanked: 14 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakensoul View Post
I am not sure if I got fake or genuine Hella's, but I got 2 Hella 450 driving lights w/o wiring harness for 1300 from Lajpat Nagar Mrkt. It was in Hella packaging with hologram sticker on the lights, if its fake hella than I must give credit to the manufacturers for making such genuine fakes. The shopkeeper is also known to me, there were only 2 pieces left, maybe they were from very old stock
WHAT????
I had a gut feeling that I was getting ripped off.
Mine also came with proper Hella packaging and sticker on the lights. All the fitting equipment with stone guards/covers et al.
Mechanic got it from Kashmere Gate and cant believe that its more expensive than Lajpat Nagar!
One thing that made me a bit uneasy was when he said that the shopkeeper(known to him) said that these were from the company, but there was no guarantee. Man, dont even want to know I got the fakes or whatever they are.
anantnehru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2008, 21:41   #2291
BHPian
 
Shakensoul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: AS01
Posts: 490
Thanked: 213 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by anantnehru View Post
WHAT????
I had a gut feeling that I was getting ripped off.
Mine also came with proper Hella packaging and sticker on the lights. All the fitting equipment with stone guards/covers et al.
Mechanic got it from Kashmere Gate and cant believe that its more expensive than Lajpat Nagar!
One thing that made me a bit uneasy was when he said that the shopkeeper(known to him) said that these were from the company, but there was no guarantee. Man, dont even want to know I got the fakes or whatever they are.
I had enquired both at Lajpat Ngr Mkt and Kashmere Gate, I got different quotes from 2000-2500.
I have posted the address of a authorized Hella Distributor in Kashmere Gate here. I think they offered to provide B&W with the lights.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/1030900-post2273.html
Shakensoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2008, 21:52   #2292
BHPian
 
anantnehru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 445
Thanked: 14 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakensoul View Post
I had enquired both at Lajpat Ngr Mkt and Kashmere Gate, I got different quotes from 2000-2500.
I have posted the address of a authorized Hella Distributor in Kashmere Gate here. I think they offered to provide B&W with the lights.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/1030900-post2273.html
Yeah saw that, but like I said my mechanic went there to get them for me. Trusted him cos he's been servicing and repairing our cars for about 30 years
now. Shall ask him. Thanks though.
anantnehru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th October 2008, 01:45   #2293
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 62
Thanked: 5 Times
Default

guys -

I'd need a suggestion. I want to change lights of my 3yr old Optra Royale. At present they are company fitted. I'm relocating from Delhi to Hyderabad in Nov. So seeing the variation in climate conditions of 2 cities, what lights shall I go for. I'd love to go for white lights but read on the forum that white lights don't do good in rains & it pours heavily in Hyderabad as compared to New Delhi.
Also, I've come across an HID kit: JRS (moving xenon 7mm) from eastman group in reliance autozone ambi mall. Their specs are 55W, 12V, 10kTB. They provide 1 yr All over India warranty & cost Rs 15k
1) I'm not sure about it that whether I should go for HID light or not? If not, how should I increase the intensity of the light (yellow itself)?
2) What lights will work effectively with high intensity even in rains?
rendezvous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th October 2008, 12:55   #2294
BHPian
 
ultimatechamp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 405
Thanked: 50 Times
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samir Taheer View Post
Ultimatehchamp - It's the Rallye 3000's. Not the compacts. By 4000's do you mean the Luminators?

Give me a couple of days and i'll find out exact prices for you.
Samir
I want to know the prices and other details like availability of Hella 4000 or Hella 3000 Compacts (both halogen and NOT Xenons).Xenons are pricier and not necessarily better.You can check the Hella Rallye 4000 Compact here -->
Rallye 4000 Compact Lamp by Hella

No rush man,
Thanks
ultimatechamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st October 2008, 12:34   #2295
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: delhi
Posts: 707
Thanked: 88 Times
Default Baleno light problem

Ive recently got my baleno altura fitted with philips 5000k white light bulbs. Not sure about what they are called exactly though. After get them focused they seemed ok in the city, till 8ish or 9 however on my way back from missorie the highways seemed really dark, this was around 11pm, i could barely see the boards in front. What could be the reason? I thought 5000k is enough light, am i wrong? is it possible that the bulbs are not getting enough power. please do help.
im not sure whether this is the correct section or not, so if it isn't please forgive me. thankyou

Note from Team-BHP Support : Thread MERGED. Please use the search feature before creating a new thread on a topic that might already exist. Please continue your discussion in an existing thread. This will keep all the relevant information in one place and make it easier for readers in the future.

Last edited by Jaggu : 31st October 2008 at 13:22. Reason: Search on the topic before opening a new thread
sukrit7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The Mobile Phone Thread - Queries, decisions, discussions all here ravi_28_8 Gadgets, Computers & Software 11182 3rd December 2016 17:34
Automobile Insurance Queries? Ask me rjvora_2000 Indian Car Loans & Insurance 3713 2nd December 2016 19:09
The Royal Enfield Mechanics Thread: All mechanics requirements and queries here sreerajunnithan Motorbikes 416 8th October 2016 21:04
Formal dressing and tailoring for all occassions (EDIT: Put all your queries here) manaa45 Shifting gears 71 17th February 2016 10:05
The Guitar Thread - Post all Queries,tabs and info here TributE Shifting gears 77 15th June 2015 13:30


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 04:03.

Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks