Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 24th November 2009, 22:15   #3496
BHPian
 
kishoryk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 96
Thanked: 3 Times
Default bulb spare

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bopanna19 View Post
I am not able to find the same anywhere in bangalore
Hi, you could try with Automoto St Johns Church Road (Shivajinagar). Just google for Automoto, bangalore. Earlier this month I visited them for some accessories and looks like Nadeem the owner seems resourceful.

HTH,
KK
kishoryk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2009, 11:41   #3497
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 51
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Sorry for the delay . Yes these are the lamps i am reffering to. I have white driving lights set . The beam and is great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kishoryk View Post
Hi hands-on, are they FF 200? Please confirm, if this is the one you are referring to:
Hella India | Aftermarket

Do you get good beam length and spread with these? I think 700 FF seems to be the best choice but I don't want to put really big lights on - I'm looking for a reasonable balance between performance and size. I'm hoping this FF 200 would meet. What do you think? My purpose is to aid my current long beam strength. Please advise.

Also, from Hella's site (..:: Shop4hella.com - Shopping - AUXILLIARY LIGHTS - Comet Series - FF 200/FF 200 BLUE by Hella 200/FF 200 BLUE), the cost seems to be around 7.5K. Did you buy yours online or when you visited that place - hiedelberg?

Thanks,
KK
hands-on is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2009, 20:53   #3498
BHPian
 
kishoryk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 96
Thanked: 3 Times
Default Hella

Quote:
Originally Posted by hands-on View Post
Sorry for the delay . Yes these are the lamps i am reffering to. I have white driving lights set . The beam and is great.
Thanks hands-on. You'r a bit late. Few days back (I think the previous weekend) I got 700FF fixed, although I felt like they are bigger than I liked them to be. The accessories guy told me - 200FF was not available but some 500FF is available (to my knowledge Comet 500 is not available in FF mode). He made me wait for sometime only to reveal that the dealer who he is supposed to get it from has closed the shop for that day. I did not want to go back empty handed and have heard of good feedback on 700FF actually (size was the only limiting factor), so got them fixed for 4.6K (+300 bucks for the clamps/fixing). Since these are bigger in size, I'm satisfied with the light output. However, I'd have liked the 200FF because that'd have been a nice snug fit to the front grille, without giving an obvious Aux driving lamps look. Can you please post your car's pictures showing these?

BTW, how much did you pay for 200FF?

Good Weekend,
KK
kishoryk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2009, 23:10   #3499
Senior - BHPian
 
mercedised's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Indore
Posts: 1,054
Thanked: 146 Times
Default

Hello guys,
I am using Philips Rally 90/100W bulbs installed with a relay kit in my Safari TCIC, and they are working wonders for me and its only once that one of the bulb conked off(donot know what was the reason).
mercedised is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th November 2009, 21:26   #3500
BHPian
 
rakesh_r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Pune/Mumbai
Posts: 931
Thanked: 505 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercedised View Post
Hello guys,
I am using Philips Rally 90/100W bulbs installed with a relay kit in my Safari TCIC, and they are working wonders for me and its only once that one of the bulb conked off(donot know what was the reason).
ditto,having phillips rally 90/100 in my zen carb with roots relay cum wiring harness and holder for 2 years without any problem(touch-wood).
rakesh_r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th November 2009, 11:36   #3501
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 224
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacs View Post
Hi Harsha,

Could you please let me know from where it is setup? And hows ur feel till date on the upgrade?
hey Jacs, sorry for the late response - i hadnt seen your post. going forward, if you have specific queries for me, do PM me or mail me as well.

My harness and relay are of roots make and were purchased in Car Automobiles, JC Road and so were the Philips bulbs.

I am very happy with the upgrade and touch-wood the lights seem adequate and are working fine till date. Now i sometimes feel that since my headlight assembly could put up with 100/90, i should perhaps try out 130/100 soon. I guess i will do that when i muster more guts. or hear more from people on team-bhp who have gone ahead with the same without any trouble.

But, upgrading from 60/55 to at least 100/90, i believe, is an absolute must and really really increases the safety of the car, esp on highways, more so on rainy days.

Dont think twice and please do go ahead with the upgrade!

Do PM me for clarifications.

Cheers,
Harsha
harsha.cs1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th November 2009, 12:45   #3502
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 224
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

Posting response on thread for the benefit of the group.

Hi Shamanth,

I would highly recommend changing to at least 100/90 considering the state of highways in India.

You will need the following:
1. Relay;
2. Wiring harness (including ceramic holders); and
3. Headlights (Philips Rally recommended. Beware of dupes).

I have put a post in the past on the same thread, setting out the prices that i can not recollect now.

Relay and harness - roots are working fine on my car, but see if you can source bosch - it is a better brand. Dhiren of United Motors deals in Bosch parts -94484 87037.

As for the ceramic holders - I am not sure if ANHC comes with ceramic holders as standard - if so, you wouldnt need to change the holders.

Friends - can any of you throw light on this?

You might want to consider 130/100 after checking the possible risks(mainly heating) on the thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamanth
Hi Harsha,

I recently got my ANHC and i feel stock lighting is pretty bad. I was before using 90/100W for my zen. Please let me know things i should keep in mind while changing it to 90/100W.

Two thing which i observed from your posting was
Roots Relay
Philips Rally 90/100W
Let me know if anything else i have to keep in mind. And please let me know approximate cost, so that i can bargain.

Thanks
Shamanth
harsha.cs1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th November 2009, 17:11   #3503
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 51
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

I am sorry for the delay on my part has caused you to take 700FF, but then they are great too. Only factor for 200FF was size for me.

I paid 90euro approx for them and i picked them from germany.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kishoryk View Post
Thanks hands-on. You'r a bit late. Few days back (I think the previous weekend) I got 700FF fixed, although I felt like they are bigger than I liked them to be. The accessories guy told me - 200FF was not available but some 500FF is available (to my knowledge Comet 500 is not available in FF mode). He made me wait for sometime only to reveal that the dealer who he is supposed to get it from has closed the shop for that day. I did not want to go back empty handed and have heard of good feedback on 700FF actually (size was the only limiting factor), so got them fixed for 4.6K (+300 bucks for the clamps/fixing). Since these are bigger in size, I'm satisfied with the light output. However, I'd have liked the 200FF because that'd have been a nice snug fit to the front grille, without giving an obvious Aux driving lamps look. Can you please post your car's pictures showing these?

BTW, how much did you pay for 200FF?

Good Weekend,
KK
hands-on is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th November 2009, 20:04   #3504
BHPian
 
kishoryk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 96
Thanked: 3 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hands-on View Post
I am sorry for the delay on my part has caused you to take 700FF
Hey hands-on.. that's never a problem, friend!. Sorry but I did not mean that way. I'm happy with my purchase. In fact, everyone I spoke to (including auto accessory shop guys), recommended 700FF for the size factor only. Their argument is that, 700's would match with the Innova size than 200FF. I realized they are right, after I got these fixed.

No worries and cheers..!

Have fun.
-KK
kishoryk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th November 2009, 23:30   #3505
Senior - BHPian
 
abhibh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Back in the HOOD near you!
Posts: 2,767
Thanked: 32 Times
Default

Upgrade time again but this time i have a few options so i am confused. Car is Alto.

Requirements:
1. 90/100W H4
2. New Relay
3. Good visibility on highways.

H4 options:
- Philips Rally 90/100
- Hella H4 90/100
- Osram All Weather 90/100
- BOSCH 90/100

Which one to get out of the above ? I am leaning towards Philips Rally or Osram All Weather, but if there are better option in 90/100 i wont mind them, even 55/60.

Last edited by abhibh : 30th November 2009 at 23:32.
abhibh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 1st December 2009, 19:58   #3506
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 224
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

I am very happy with Philips Rally, though I have not tried the others.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhibh View Post
Upgrade time again but this time i have a few options so i am confused. Car is Alto.

Requirements:
1. 90/100W H4
2. New Relay
3. Good visibility on highways.

H4 options:
- Philips Rally 90/100
- Hella H4 90/100
- Osram All Weather 90/100
- BOSCH 90/100

Which one to get out of the above ? I am leaning towards Philips Rally or Osram All Weather, but if there are better option in 90/100 i wont mind them, even 55/60.
harsha.cs1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th December 2009, 13:42   #3507
BHPian
 
forbhaskarm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Greater Noida
Posts: 205
Thanked: 21 Times
Default Where can I source original Hella Fog Lamps in Delhi-NCR

Hi Guys,

I am looking to install Hella Auxillary lights on my Scorpio. My drive is mostly on the Noida-Greater Noida expressway & during winter nights the fog is so intense that there is almost zero visibility even with 100/90 Philips Rally bulbs in the headlights. My wishlist - either a Rallye 700FF or Rallye3000 (please suggest if there are better lights than these)

Can anyone please suggest the good (trust worthy) dealer to source an original pair of Hella Fog lamps in Delhi-NCR -- in order of the most to least preferable locations -
  1. Noida
  2. Kashmere Gate
  3. South Delhi
  4. Karol Bagh

Last edited by forbhaskarm : 7th December 2009 at 13:43.
forbhaskarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2009, 16:48   #3508
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 155
Thanked: 25 Times
Default

Hi,

Like many, tried all 55/60 +80 +90%...bulbs & finally decided to go for 90/100 for my Swift Vxi. My Ele used relay brand called "Super". By going through threds, I found people use Roots. Bosch relays are not available I believe. Is this brand Super relay any good? or is it better to ask him to fix Roots? Does this relay affects the brightness?

[Super relays are being sold by AK Traders, Phillips dealer in JC Rd. About bulbs, he suggested me to for Essential Vision 90/100 white light & they look Ok]
ALSUDA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2009, 17:58   #3509
Senior - BHPian
 
motomaverick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,834
Thanked: 859 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhibh View Post
Upgrade time again but this time i have a few options so i am confused. Car is Alto.

Requirements:
1. 90/100W H4
2. New Relay
3. Good visibility on highways.

H4 options:
- Philips Rally 90/100
- Hella H4 90/100
- Osram All Weather 90/100
- BOSCH 90/100

Which one to get out of the above ? I am leaning towards Philips Rally or Osram All Weather, but if there are better option in 90/100 i wont mind them, even 55/60.
Try out Narva. I got Narva on 1 eye and Philips on the other . If you look head on the lights look bright on the 2nd gen mpfi zen but the lights arent focused so well, i tried DIY but have not been able to get the exact position.
motomaverick is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2009, 18:00   #3510
Senior - BHPian
 
motomaverick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,834
Thanked: 859 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALSUDA View Post
Hi,

Like many, tried all 55/60 +80 +90%...bulbs & finally decided to go for 90/100 for my Swift Vxi. My Ele used relay brand called "Super". By going through threds, I found people use Roots. Bosch relays are not available I believe. Is this brand Super relay any good? or is it better to ask him to fix Roots? Does this relay affects the brightness?

[Super relays are being sold by AK Traders, Phillips dealer in JC Rd. About bulbs, he suggested me to for Essential Vision 90/100 white light & they look Ok]
White Halogen light will not reflect that well on wet surfaces. hence, conventional color is better.
motomaverick is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The Mobile Phone Thread - Queries, decisions, discussions all here ravi_28_8 Gadgets, Computers & Software 11182 3rd December 2016 17:34
Automobile Insurance Queries? Ask me rjvora_2000 Indian Car Loans & Insurance 3713 2nd December 2016 19:09
The Royal Enfield Mechanics Thread: All mechanics requirements and queries here sreerajunnithan Motorbikes 416 8th October 2016 21:04
Formal dressing and tailoring for all occassions (EDIT: Put all your queries here) manaa45 Shifting gears 71 17th February 2016 10:05
The Guitar Thread - Post all Queries,tabs and info here TributE Shifting gears 77 15th June 2015 13:30


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 00:16.

Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks