Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 5th May 2011, 15:30   #4981
Senior - BHPian
 
naveen.raju's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Cochin
Posts: 3,544
Thanked: 2,537 Times
Default Re: Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnrajdeep View Post
Is it possible to fit a projector lamp for the foglamps in the swift? Without HID's and running higher power halogens with relay, will these be effective? And what would be the reliability since these will be placed low and can possibly be hit by small stones?
It is possible to attach projectors for the fog lamps. See pic.

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-l8.jpg

Since these are really low to the ground, these will be prone to damages very easily and there will be water seepage. The best bet would be to go for higher rated bulbs on the existing assembly or go for a new assembly. My friends got Volvo headlight unit fixed onto his swift fog lights. It's expensive though.
naveen.raju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2011, 15:42   #4982
Senior - BHPian
 
mayankk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 3,902
Thanked: 2,924 Times
Default Re: Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here

My fiesta's headlights are really dusty on the reflector part of it.
One mechanic spotted it in a car park in khan market ans said he could clean them up(after opening them) and would cost about 2500 bucks.
now, this sounded a bit steep to me.

howver, if this is usual, then i can go ahead?
also, the throw on my low beam is quite low.
The focussed beam i can spot is just about 10-15 metres ahead.
However, visibility is much much beyond.
just the point where it feels the majority of the light is ending is quite near.

Has anyone retro fitted Projectors in the fiesta?

or some other solution?
mayankk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2011, 15:45   #4983
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: |
Posts: 566
Thanked: 194 Times
Default Re: Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkapoor777 View Post
Here you go:

Krishna Sales
Sultan Singh Building, Balaji Market,
Kashmiri Gate, Delhi
09582199000

This is walking distance (<250m) from the Kashmiri Gate metro station and is located near Bata showroom and Central Bank of India branch.
HI Nitin
Did you bought these to upgrade your punto;s headlight's . I am looking to improve the visibility on my punto without addition of relays and other electricals. some body has recommended me philips extreme 90 w i guess as well. which one are better between these two.
.sushilkumar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2011, 16:20   #4984
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Utopia!
Posts: 580
Thanked: 83 Times
Default Re: Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
My friends got Volvo headlight unit fixed onto his swift fog lights. It's expensive though.
Is this a projector unit or reflector based unit? How much is the cost and would appreciate the source and datasheet/spec sheet/web link if available.
Digital Vampire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2011, 16:50   #4985
BHPian
 
mtnrajdeep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 617
Thanked: 71 Times
Default Re: Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Attachment 540418

Since these are really low to the ground, these will be prone to damages very easily and there will be water seepage.
Thanks Naveen. This is exactly the setup I was looking for. How fragile are these setups? Shouldnt it be possible to seal the bulbs using sealants like anabond and avoid water seepage? How much would such a setup cost (2 projector's with angel eyes)?
mtnrajdeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2011, 17:05   #4986
Senior - BHPian
 
naveen.raju's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Cochin
Posts: 3,544
Thanked: 2,537 Times
Default Re: Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
My fiesta's headlights are really dusty on the reflector part of it.
One mechanic spotted it in a car park in khan market ans said he could clean them up(after opening them) and would cost about 2500 bucks.
now, this sounded a bit steep to me.

howver, if this is usual, then i can go ahead?
also, the throw on my low beam is quite low.
The focussed beam i can spot is just about 10-15 metres ahead.
However, visibility is much much beyond.
just the point where it feels the majority of the light is ending is quite near.

Has anyone retro fitted Projectors in the fiesta?

or some other solution?
2500 bucks? That's way too much just for cleaning. My local mechanic has cleaned my headlights for free. The tricky part is installing them back. Apply silicon gel to make sure there wont be any water seepage. I did it for my ride.
I have seen one Fiesta with projector headlights in the forum but havent personally seen one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital Vampire View Post
Is this a projector unit or reflector based unit? How much is the cost and would appreciate the source and datasheet/spec sheet/web link if available.
This is a reflector setup. He use 80/80w Philips halogens. Total cost came around 7k.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnrajdeep View Post
Thanks Naveen. This is exactly the setup I was looking for. How fragile are these setups? Shouldnt it be possible to seal the bulbs using sealants like anabond and avoid water seepage? How much would such a setup cost (2 projector's with angel eyes)?
Anytime. You can use silicon gel to avoid water seepage but to avoid stones, well am clueless. This is the problem when going for projectors in the fogs. The entire kit (excluding the HIDs) would come around 6k depending upon the brand.
naveen.raju is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2011, 17:22   #4987
Senior - BHPian
 
sohail99's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 1,250
Thanked: 146 Times
Default Re: Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here

I was looking at these projectors for my foglamps! - Fog Light: Blazers - HID Projectors from The Retrofit Source Inc

My foglamps use 27W H-27 or 880 bulbs which barely even light up the road and seem effective only in pitch dark environments!

I was looking at either a bulb replacement with a better one or projectors! but kinda
sohail99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2011, 17:40   #4988
Senior - BHPian
 
Shubz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,780
Thanked: 954 Times
Default Re: Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akhil@Bengaluru View Post
I Wanted to change the headlight bulb to Osram Night breaker Plus but they are quoting 1300. Can anyone please confirm what was the latest price for Osram Night breaker Plus in Bangalore? I am looking for H7 for My Manza.
Akhil sir - Try Sachins Auto shop in Koramangala. Next to Sai baba temple on the Bosch road. I guess it is 1150 or 1200 for H7.
Shubz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2011, 17:46   #4989
BHPian
 
nkapoor777's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 567
Thanked: 75 Times
Default Re: Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here

Quote:
Originally Posted by .sushilkumar View Post
HI Nitin
Did you bought these to upgrade your punto;s headlight's . I am looking to improve the visibility on my punto without addition of relays and other electricals. some body has recommended me philips extreme 90 w i guess as well. which one are better between these two.
Yupp the Osram NB+ went into the punto headlights (H4) and fogs (H7). I was using Philips Extreme Power earlier but these a shade better than them in terms of throw and spread of light. You don't need relays or anything extra for these since these bulbs conform to stock specs (60/55W).
nkapoor777 is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2011, 20:05   #4990
Senior - BHPian
 
naveen.raju's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Cochin
Posts: 3,544
Thanked: 2,537 Times
Default Re: Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here

Quote:
Originally Posted by sohail99 View Post
I was looking at these projectors for my foglamps! - Fog Light: Blazers - HID Projectors from The Retrofit Source Inc

My foglamps use 27W H-27 or 880 bulbs which barely even light up the road and seem effective only in pitch dark environments!

I was looking at either a bulb replacement with a better one or projectors! but kinda
There are many different kind of projector setups for fog lamps. I would definitely recommend a bulb replacement since projectors fogs are not suited for our road conditions. If you willing to shell out some money, then this is an option.
naveen.raju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2011, 20:26   #4991
Senior - BHPian
 
sohail99's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 1,250
Thanked: 146 Times
Default Re: Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here

I'm ok with just a bulb replacement. Projectors, maybe some yrs down the line

Any recommendations?
sohail99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2011, 20:52   #4992
Distinguished - BHPian
 
swiftnfurious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 6,158
Thanked: 5,040 Times
Default Re: Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akhil@Bengaluru View Post
I Wanted to change the headlight bulb to Osram Night breaker Plus but they are quoting 1300. Can anyone please confirm what was the latest price for Osram Night breaker Plus in Bangalore? I am looking for H7 for My Manza.
I never bought NB+, So I cant comment on the prices. But I bought Osram NB for 1300/- couple of years back - So the price looks fine. More than that I heard the NBs now cost 900/-

By the way does Manza have H7 bulbs ?? I read that Corolla has H7 !

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkapoor777 View Post
I recently bought Osram NB+ direct from a distributor in Delhi. The MRP on the pack was 1150/- for H4 and 1050/- for H1 60/55W bulbs. Not sure about the H7 price though. I got them for a total of 1500/- (800/- for H4 and 700/- for H1) with tax-paid bill.
How could the price be so low for tax-paid bill ? Something fishy ?
swiftnfurious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2011, 22:42   #4993
BHPian
 
nkapoor777's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 567
Thanked: 75 Times
Default Re: Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
How could the price be so low for tax-paid bill ? Something fishy ?
This guy is an authorised Osram distributor so chances of fakes is seriously remote. Remember this is a distributor and not a retailer who sources his supply from him and then adds his margin to it to bring the price equal or closer to MRP.
nkapoor777 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2011, 00:50   #4994
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Utopia!
Posts: 580
Thanked: 83 Times
Default Re: Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
How could the price be so low for tax-paid bill ? Something fishy ?
Nothing fishy here. If you can deal with the distributor, the prices has always been much lower than MRP. But not all distributors entertain low volume retail sales. The only issue here is just that we are so used to paying MRP (or more) for anything and everything without even batting an eyelid.
Digital Vampire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2011, 09:39   #4995
Senior - BHPian
 
naveen.raju's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Cochin
Posts: 3,544
Thanked: 2,537 Times
Default Re: Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here

Quote:
Originally Posted by sohail99 View Post
I'm ok with just a bulb replacement. Projectors, maybe some yrs down the line

Any recommendations?
For bulb replacements, you can check out Philips. Go for higher rated ones.
naveen.raju is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The Mobile Phone Thread - Queries, decisions, discussions all here ravi_28_8 Gadgets, Computers & Software 11182 3rd December 2016 17:34
Automobile Insurance Queries? Ask me rjvora_2000 Indian Car Loans & Insurance 3713 2nd December 2016 19:09
The Royal Enfield Mechanics Thread: All mechanics requirements and queries here sreerajunnithan Motorbikes 416 8th October 2016 21:04
Formal dressing and tailoring for all occassions (EDIT: Put all your queries here) manaa45 Shifting gears 71 17th February 2016 10:05
The Guitar Thread - Post all Queries,tabs and info here TributE Shifting gears 77 15th June 2015 13:30


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 23:59.

Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks