Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 3rd July 2007, 16:30   #496
Team-BHP Support
 
Akshay1234's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 9,387
Thanked: 5,238 Times
Default

im thinking of getting these for my innova. will they fit on?

H4 HID Bi-Xenon HI/Low Beam Headlight Converson Kit 7500K HID Lights - HID Kits
Akshay1234 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2007, 18:25   #497
Senior - BHPian
 
abhibh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Back in the HOOD near you!
Posts: 2,767
Thanked: 32 Times
Default

Nice TSK how about a comparison between Halonix and Philips (white light bulbs) 100/90 ?
abhibh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2007, 18:40   #498
BHPian
 
nkapoor777's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 567
Thanked: 75 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by razor4077 View Post
@xinome: bought these for USD 40.00, which translates to roughly 1600 INR at the time of buying. Got them on autolamps-online.com, which provides free shipping, anywhere in the world (takes a little while to reach, but thats ok).

I doubt you can make your crystalvision bulbs "glow" more. As for xenons, their pros and cons have been extensively discussed earlier in this thread.
Razor4077: Can I put these in my Wagon-R? The manual says 12V 60/55W, which is the same as what you got. I am not sure whether it is H4 or not? Any idea?? Anyone.

How long did it take to be delivered?
nkapoor777 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2007, 18:52   #499
Team-BHP Support
 
Akshay1234's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 9,387
Thanked: 5,238 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by swathyd View Post
I have got an oem adventure h1 bulb55/60. I am not happy with its performance. But i am not ready to change relay. what should i do ?
try philips vision plus.
Akshay1234 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2007, 19:02   #500
Senior - BHPian
 
gigy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: mumbai
Posts: 1,321
Thanked: 40 Times
Default

i have used halonix 90/100 and they damaged my baleno headlight assembly. i think they dont have uv filter or they are just hotter. will not recommend this bulb use in plastic headlight assembly.
gigy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2007, 19:04   #501
Distinguished - BHPian
 
CrAzY dRiVeR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Bangalore / TVM
Posts: 7,417
Thanked: 9,315 Times
Default Guys!

Now am really confused.

Need to upgrade my car's lighting. The car in question is a WagonR. I have done a fair amount of searching and got myself confused now.

My requirements:
1. I need to put 'nightdrive' film on the front, hence need better lighting.
2. Should have good low-beam (to watch out for big potholes )
3. Should be perfectly legal.

I was considering Philips Crystal vision. Checked that out. But, have been advised that its attractive to the cops due to the light blue beam.

Another choice i have been told is to go for Philips Rally bulbs with Roots wiring, and ceramic holders for the headlamp. Costs comes to the same. Advantage is that it has same colour beam as normal lamps. Disadvantage is that i heard that it heats up too much destroying the clear- lens (jewel like) effect of the headlamps.

Yet another advice has been to buy fog lamps.

What do you guys think?

1. Are Crystal visions legal (and safe from cops)?
2. Should i go for crystal vision/ rally bulbs/fog lamps?
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2007, 19:06   #502
Team-BHP Support
 
Akshay1234's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 9,387
Thanked: 5,238 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Now am really confused.

Need to upgrade my car's lighting. The car in question is a WagonR. I have done a fair amount of searching and got myself confused now.

My requirements:
1. I need to put 'nightdrive' film on the front, hence need better lighting.
2. Should have good low-beam (to watch out for big potholes )
3. Should be perfectly legal.

I was considering Philips Crystal vision. Checked that out. But, have been advised that its attractive to the cops due to the light blue beam.

Another choice i have been told is to go for Philips Rally bulbs with Roots wiring, and ceramic holders for the headlamp. Costs comes to the same. Advantage is that it has same colour beam as normal lamps. Disadvantage is that i heard that it heats up too much destroying the clear- lens (jewel like) effect of the headlamps.

Yet another advice has been to buy fog lamps.

What do you guys think?

1. Are Crystal visions legal (and safe from cops)?
2. Should i go for crystal vision/ rally bulbs/fog lamps?
you could also look at vision plus or xtreme vision. both are 55/60w. so they are perfectly legal. if you dont mind putting in holders, relay then get rallye.
Akshay1234 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2007, 20:21   #503
BHPian
 
nkapoor777's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 567
Thanked: 75 Times
Default

Is $40 a good price to pay for H4 X-treme 12 volt 60/55 watt?
nkapoor777 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2007, 20:45   #504
Team-BHP Support
 
Akshay1234's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 9,387
Thanked: 5,238 Times
Default

i think its fine. they also offer free shipping?

Akshay1234 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2007, 21:14   #505
Distinguished - BHPian
 
CrAzY dRiVeR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Bangalore / TVM
Posts: 7,417
Thanked: 9,315 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
you could also look at vision plus or xtreme vision. both are 55/60w. so they are perfectly legal. if you dont mind putting in holders, relay then get rallye.
As mentioned in my post,

I dont mind getting holders and relay. however, will it damage the headlamps due to overheating?
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2007, 21:17   #506
Team-BHP Support
 
Akshay1234's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 9,387
Thanked: 5,238 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
As mentioned in my post,

I dont mind getting holders and relay. however, will it damage the headlamps due to overheating?
it shouldnt. then get 100/90 bulbs.
Akshay1234 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2007, 21:22   #507
BHPian
 
nkapoor777's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 567
Thanked: 75 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
My requirements:
3. Should be perfectly legal.

I don't think even 100/90's are street legal, let alone 130/100's.
nkapoor777 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2007, 21:41   #508
Senior - BHPian
 
razor4077's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,824
Thanked: 142 Times
Default

@nkapoor777: i thought $40 was a decent price for the x-treme power bulbs. that's roughly a little over 1600 INR. shipping - takes around 2 weeks, but it's free
if u want to avoid the hassles of a relay+wiring+harness etc, this is a straight fit, and very importantly, it is street legal.
so u decide... i went for it. when my car is ready, i'll know if it was worth it or not. i have a feeling it will be tho!
razor4077 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2007, 22:14   #509
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: gurgaon/delhi
Posts: 331
Thanked: Once
Default HID kit for swift

apra auto..maruti dealer in gurgaon, is selling a HID light kit for RS.12,000 and also giving a 1 year warranty. is it worth it. or will i get cheaper one's in the market.
sanchits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2007, 23:41   #510
BHPian
 
nkapoor777's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 567
Thanked: 75 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by razor4077 View Post
@nkapoor777: i thought $40 was a decent price for the x-treme power bulbs. that's roughly a little over 1600 INR. shipping - takes around 2 weeks, but it's free
if u want to avoid the hassles of a relay+wiring+harness etc, this is a straight fit, and very importantly, it is street legal.
so u decide... i went for it. when my car is ready, i'll know if it was worth it or not. i have a feeling it will be tho!
Razor: I checked on the Philips website. They do mention autolamps website as an authorizd distributor. So , these should be genuine. About the price, fellow member Johy got a pair of Vision Plus for Rs. 585. I was just curious to know how competitive is Autolamps' price as they sell Vision Plus for $33.00, thats roughly Rs. 1,350. While the price for Xtreme Power is $40.00 or $1,650. Why the difference?

I agree dude, these are street legal and thats what is important. I am eagerly waiting to hear back from you. When are you going to get your car? Best of luck..

Quote:
Originally Posted by johy View Post
Hi all,

Finally, I was able to get VisionPlus for my WagonR. I am posting a few picture (although they don't really do justice). The light is really good and I am happy that it will help me when it is pouring cats and dogs as it usually does in Siliguri. It cost me Rs 585/- for the pair. I know it is a bit high, but it was difficult to come by as well.
nkapoor777 is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Automobile Insurance Queries? Ask me rjvora_2000 Indian Car Loans & Insurance 3714 8th December 2016 08:56
The Mobile Phone Thread - Queries, decisions, discussions all here ravi_28_8 Gadgets, Computers & Software 11182 3rd December 2016 17:34
The Royal Enfield Mechanics Thread: All mechanics requirements and queries here sreerajunnithan Motorbikes 416 8th October 2016 21:04
Formal dressing and tailoring for all occassions (EDIT: Put all your queries here) manaa45 Shifting gears 71 17th February 2016 10:05
The Guitar Thread - Post all Queries,tabs and info here TributE Shifting gears 77 15th June 2015 13:30


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 15:16.

Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks