Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 6th September 2012, 10:28   #6376
BHPian
 
MaddyCrew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: ALPY/TRV/SYD
Posts: 68
Thanked: 23 Times
Default

Mod Note : Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD!

Hi there. Though I've been an ardent follower of this forum for some time now, this is my first post.

I was on the look out for a bulb upgrade in my fluidic verna and yesterday i came across this website http://www.autospark.eu/. Their product catalogue looks pretty impressive and the rates are quite reasonable (considering they operate from Greece). Has any of the forum members used their services before?

Quote:
Originally Posted by contactme27 View Post

Hi there. Though I've been an ardent follower of this forum for some time now, this is my first post.

I was on the look out for a bulb upgrade in my fluidic verna and yesterday i came across this website http://www.autospark.eu/. Their product catalogue looks pretty impressive and the rates are quite reasonable (considering they operate from Greece). Has any of the forum members used their services before?

Last edited by GTO : 7th September 2012 at 18:47. Reason: Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another!
MaddyCrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th September 2012, 15:13   #6377
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Goa
Posts: 90
Thanked: 13 Times
Default Re: Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here

Hi all,
It is nice to see everybody exchange tips and experiences w.r.t. improving the 'illumination-ability' of their cars. I am on my Stock lights (Vista TDi) so i do not even have my two cents too add to this thread regarding upgrades.
I only have one request to all here since you will have very powerful lights.

Kindly Dip your lights while negotiating left hand turns so that you do not blind drivers in the oncoming lane. I always make it a point to do so and i know the oncoming drivers will surely be glad at the little gesture. I know you will understand what i am talking about as all of you have been in the receiving end of a blinding stab in the eyes.

Also dont make it a show of strength when an oncoming driver bears down on you with Headlight blazing. Dip once, twice and if he does not relent, Blast the guy off the road with that laser gun tucked under the hood! Kidding... Just give him a jab of what your lights are capable of. 90% of the drivers learn only by this method and they meekly dip their lights. Happy driving and all the best in lighting up our roads Brightly but Sensibly!
boohooper is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th September 2012, 09:06   #6378
BHPian
 
swarnava.m's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Mumbai/Margao
Posts: 631
Thanked: 252 Times
Default Re: Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT BUMP up your own query. We need your co-operation to maintain the overall quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 12th September 2012 at 10:45.
swarnava.m is offline   Reply With Quote Received Infraction
Old 8th September 2012, 13:36   #6379
Senior - BHPian
 
audioholic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: BengaLuru
Posts: 2,586
Thanked: 2,934 Times
Default Re: Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here

Regarding the wattage part, LEDs do not consume much power. So, the difference in the electrical load will not be much compared to whats already present in your car.
audioholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th September 2012, 14:32   #6380
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: NH209
Posts: 1,605
Thanked: 681 Times
Default Re: Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here

I have an Ikon which i bought it used. The previous owner had replaced both the headlights as well as added 130/100W Osram bulbs.

Since i decided that it is an overkill, i replaced it with 100/90W Philips rally. While replacing, i found out that both the sides had a relay and a fuse(forgot to note the relay wattage).

Any ideas why the previous owner went for this setup(instead of a single relay)?

My another query is that, the electrician said that Bosch 100/90W bulbs are not efficient as they generate more heat than Philips rally. But the beam is more yellowish from Bosch when compared to Philips.

So will the Bosch be better while driving through fog/rain?
ramzsys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th September 2012, 15:07   #6381
Senior - BHPian
 
sameerg001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Dwarka, Delhi
Posts: 1,499
Thanked: 416 Times
Smile Re: Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here

I don't think, It will be much of an issue. LED's in general don't consume much power.

You can go ahead

Cheers,
Sameer

Last edited by GTO : 12th September 2012 at 10:46. Reason: Quoted post deleted
sameerg001 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th September 2012, 17:15   #6382
BHPian
 
swarnava.m's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Mumbai/Margao
Posts: 631
Thanked: 252 Times
Default Re: Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramzsys View Post
...Any ideas why the previous owner went for this setup(instead of a single relay)?...
AFAIK, the relay kits comes this way. When I upgraded my headlamps early this year, I had a look at a few relay kits, and they all had two relays, one for each end. I bought a Lumax kit, and therefore even my current setup is the same as you mentioned.
swarnava.m is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th September 2012, 19:27   #6383
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 530
Thanked: 201 Times
Default Re: Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewhiteknight View Post
If you are looking at something like the Phillips Ultinon LED range, I got the 6000K installed couple of weeks ago.
http://www.lighting.philips.co.in/v2...tionID=1058682

Overall, the brightness has definitely gone up significantly and the light color works well with an appropriately colored headlamp. However, I think it is priced on the higher, higher side. Dont remember the exact price but can dig it out, if required.
Yup, I was looking at the Ultinon bulbs. The price I saw them at was around Rs 1000 for a pair. How much did you pay for them ?
Mortis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2012, 01:01   #6384
BHPian
 
MaddyCrew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: ALPY/TRV/SYD
Posts: 68
Thanked: 23 Times
Exclamation Re: Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT BUMP up your own query. We need your co-operation to maintain the overall quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 12th September 2012 at 10:44.
MaddyCrew is offline   Reply With Quote Received Infraction
Old 10th September 2012, 00:09   #6385
Senior - BHPian
 
Rahulk76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: PNQ
Posts: 1,132
Thanked: 204 Times
Default Re: Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here

Hey Gurus,

Can you please suggest and advise on the aiming of the projectors which i got installed lately on my safari.

The pics are at http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...ml#post2897997
Rahulk76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2012, 11:24   #6386
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: US/India
Posts: 227
Thanked: 5 Times
Default Re: Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here

I am looking for an auxiliary lights for my swift. Can you guys please suggest some good set of lights? Hella, Neolite and any specific model in with these companies?

I drive during nights and i need a really good set of lights. I can stretch my budget upto 10-15K. Have heard of Rallye 8000. Is it still available? How about others in the Rallye series?

Let me know
naveenvenkatesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2012, 16:51   #6387
Awaiting Email Confirmation
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 531
Thanked: 350 Times
Default Re: Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here

Gurus, need some help.

I never felt the requirement to upgrade the lights in my palio. Now a days, i am facing a lot of problem as almost all the cars are having high wattage lights. The beauty of Hyderabadi's is that, one in a hundred switches to low beam. rest of all drive all the way in high beam.

Now, its time to upgrade my car lights

I tried couple of car decors shops in hyderabad and no one is really intrested to get my lights upgraded.
Most of them do not have the stuff about which we discuss. They have only Philips 60/55 H4 in stock. They do not have H1 and H7s in stock esp the 100/90 ones.

I seriously doubt the genuinity of the stuff available in these shops too.

Please advice on what to pick and who would be the best choice to get this work done. I stay near LB nagar. Thanks
gemi_kk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2012, 18:09   #6388
BHPian
 
Bazinga's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Pune
Posts: 160
Thanked: 64 Times
Default Re: Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemi_kk View Post
Gurus, need some help.

I never felt the requirement to upgrade the lights in my palio. Now a days, i am facing a lot of problem as almost all the cars are having high wattage lights. The beauty of Hyderabadi's is that, one in a hundred switches to low beam. rest of all drive all the way in high beam.

Now, its time to upgrade my car lights

I tried couple of car decors shops in hyderabad and no one is really intrested to get my lights upgraded.
Most of them do not have the stuff about which we discuss. They have only Philips 60/55 H4 in stock. They do not have H1 and H7s in stock esp the 100/90 ones.

I seriously doubt the genuinity of the stuff available in these shops too.

Please advice on what to pick and who would be the best choice to get this work done. I stay near LB nagar. Thanks
Mate me replaced my Linea's 55W stock bulbs with Philips Rally 100W (H1) and 80W(H7). Try calling bigger dealers and am sure they would have it (despite H4 being much more popular).
Bazinga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2012, 18:17   #6389
Awaiting Email Confirmation
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 531
Thanked: 350 Times
Default Re: Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazinga View Post
Mate me replaced my Linea's 55W stock bulbs with Philips Rally 100W (H1) and 80W(H7). Try calling bigger dealers and am sure they would have it (despite H4 being much more popular).
Could you please redirect me to some good shops, who do this?

I tried visiting Car tracks in Himayat Nagar. The shop keeper is least interested in getting this work done.

Regarding the lights, he has shown a small Philips box, 2X3 Inches box, which had the light. I am sure that philips never sends their products in such pathetic packing. so they must be fake.

I want to have genuine stuff in my car. I do not want to repent on a highway with blown headlights.
gemi_kk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2012, 18:53   #6390
BHPian
 
Bazinga's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Pune
Posts: 160
Thanked: 64 Times
Default Re: Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemi_kk View Post
Could you please redirect me to some good shops, who do this?

I tried visiting Car tracks in Himayat Nagar. The shop keeper is least interested in getting this work done.

Regarding the lights, he has shown a small Philips box, 2X3 Inches box, which had the light. I am sure that philips never sends their products in such pathetic packing. so they must be fake.

I want to have genuine stuff in my car. I do not want to repent on a highway with blown headlights.
Mate would have loved to help you but me is in Pune. The boxes for these lights are pretty small, lights work
Also they give you the originals back to you to keep in spare.
Bazinga is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Automobile Insurance Queries? Ask me rjvora_2000 Indian Car Loans & Insurance 3713 2nd December 2016 19:09
The Mobile Phone Thread - Queries, decisions, discussions all here ravi_28_8 Gadgets, Computers & Software 11181 21st November 2016 09:29
The Royal Enfield Mechanics Thread: All mechanics requirements and queries here sreerajunnithan Motorbikes 416 8th October 2016 21:04
Formal dressing and tailoring for all occassions (EDIT: Put all your queries here) manaa45 Shifting gears 71 17th February 2016 10:05
The Guitar Thread - Post all Queries,tabs and info here TributE Shifting gears 77 15th June 2015 13:30


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 17:12.

Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks