Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 19th November 2012, 05:03   #6571
Newbie
 
nusser1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Bombay
Posts: 20
Thanked: Once
Default Re: Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here

Hi Guys

I drive a ford figo and the lights have issues I have been advised an upgrade but I am concerned that the stock reflectors are possibly poorly designed and will render such an upgrade useless. Please can someone guide me and advise a reliable dealer in Bombay to get this done

Thanks in advance
nusser1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th November 2012, 08:05   #6572
BHPian
 
asdon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 950
Thanked: 292 Times
Default Re: Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
If you were satisfied with the Extremen Vision, please go ahead and opt the for the same again.

Or you can look at the 100/90W set up too.
Thanks, mine was Xtreme Power, but could not find it on stores, and not even Xtreme Vision, in 2/3 shops it was out of stock, and I had to get one urgently so settled with Crystal Vision, the make was from Poland, a pair costed 1045/-, the bulbs are 4300K and little on the whiter side(XP was 4000K), but I was happy with the performance last night... lets see how it works in rain/fog.
asdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th November 2012, 08:50   #6573
Distinguished - BHPian
 
nkrishnap's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 3,235
Thanked: 3,412 Times
Default Re: Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdon View Post
Thanks, mine was Xtreme Power, but could not find it on stores, and not even Xtreme Vision, in 2/3 shops it was out of stock, and I had to get one urgently so settled with Crystal Vision, the make was from Poland, a pair costed 1045/-, the bulbs are 4300K and little on the whiter side(XP was 4000K), but I was happy with the performance last night... lets see how it works in rain/fog.
The Crystal vision throws out whitish light as acknowledged. However, note these bulbs might not help if you encounter foggy or rainy conditions. The light from there gets more obsorbed than lighting up the road ahead.

But considering Bangalore and Rain, you should be good to go with the crystal vision
nkrishnap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th November 2012, 14:21   #6574
BHPian
 
HighOctane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 362
Thanked: 165 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nusser1
Hi Guys

I drive a ford figo and the lights have issues I have been advised an upgrade but I am concerned that the stock reflectors are possibly poorly designed and will render such an upgrade useless. Please can someone guide me and advise a reliable dealer in Bombay to get this done
If your car is still in warranty, any upgrade in wattage will void electrical warranty from Ford.

Hence you can upgrade to Phillips Xtreme Vision or Osrams Night Breaker of 55/60 w bulbs. So with same stock wattage you will find more brightness even though the reflector is in rectangular shape and does not provide good throw.

You can also consider fitting New Figo headlamp assembly as the reflectors are round and as per Ford Figo's Midnight run reviews, the lights has received good applause.
HighOctane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th November 2012, 14:54   #6575
Newbie
 
nusser1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Bombay
Posts: 20
Thanked: Once
Default Re: Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here

Thought of replacing the new headlamps but the Ford after sales service centre refused saying that they will not fit the car

I argued but it was all in vain.
nusser1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th November 2012, 13:57   #6576
BHPian
 
ramki067's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: BANGALORE
Posts: 537
Thanked: 21 Times
Default Re: Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here

Hi all,
I need to upgrade my stock headlights of my WagonR Lxi as i find it difficult to drive during rains and night highway driving. Which are the head-lights,relays and wiring kit(is this the only changing parts i need?) should i go for which has better visibility during rains?
Also please suggest a good auto electrician in and around Rajajinagar, Bangalore to this job. Mine is a 2007 WagonR.

Thanks,
Ramki.

Last edited by ramki067 : 20th November 2012 at 14:08.
ramki067 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2012, 12:49   #6577
BHPian
 
RedOne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 297
Thanked: 13 Times
Default Osram Nightbreaker Plus

I finally changed the standard bulbs in my Terracan to 55W ONB+ last week. H1/H7 combo. The low beams are marginally better with better spread rather than outright brightness. The real difference is in the high beams even when compared the 85W halogens it replaced. Nice long throw and more brightness. I was worried about the comments of it being 'whiter' compared to the Phillips Xtreme series but I do not notice any whiteness, just improved brightness when compared to the more yellow regular halogens.

Overall, mighty pleased .

Cost me 1100 for H1's and 1600 for H7's (pair) from Auto Fusion in Koramangala.

Gears,
Red-One.
RedOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2012, 13:13   #6578
BHPian
 
sai_ace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: CBE-BLR
Posts: 263
Thanked: 144 Times
Default Re: Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here

Require help for improving the lights in my manza.

The Manza has two sets of bulbs for low beam and high beam. Now what are my options in improving the lighting, I would like to go for 100/90 set up but dont know how. Please help.
sai_ace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2012, 13:25   #6579
Senior - BHPian
 
naveen.raju's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Cochin
Posts: 3,544
Thanked: 2,537 Times
Default Re: Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here

Quote:
Originally Posted by sai_ace View Post
Require help for improving the lights in my manza.

The Manza has two sets of bulbs for low beam and high beam. Now what are my options in improving the lighting, I would like to go for 100/90 set up but dont know how. Please help.
Just upgrade the low beams since high beams are rarely used. Go for 100/90w with relay, ceramic holders and proper wiring kit. Should cost around 1k-1.5k. Check out Philips. There are many models to choose from. Check out the thread where others discuss the various models.
naveen.raju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2012, 14:16   #6580
Distinguished - BHPian
 
sgiitk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Kanpur
Posts: 6,644
Thanked: 3,059 Times
Infractions: 0/1 (4)
Default Re: Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Just upgrade the low beams since high beams are rarely used. Go for 100/90w with relay, ceramic holders and proper wiring kit. Should cost around 1k-1.5k. Check out Philips. There are many models to choose from. Check out the thread where others discuss the various models.
100/90 is a dual filament bulb while he needs only a single filament unit (90W I think).
sgiitk is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2012, 14:24   #6581
Senior - BHPian
 
naveen.raju's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Cochin
Posts: 3,544
Thanked: 2,537 Times
Default Re: Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
100/90 is a dual filament bulb while he needs only a single filament unit (90W I think).
Oops. Thanks for correcting. He would require 90w bulb to upgrade his low beam.
naveen.raju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2012, 15:35   #6582
BHPian
 
Sommos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Bhilai, CG.
Posts: 985
Thanked: 671 Times
Default Re: Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here

Quote:
Originally Posted by nusser1 View Post
Thought of replacing the new headlamps but the Ford after sales service centre refused saying that they will not fit the car

I argued but it was all in vain.
Why do you want to change if there is no problem with the existing headlights.

In case you are having problem, try changing the bulbs with 100/90 Philips Rally with ceramic holders, relay and proper wiring kit. It should cost something around 1.5K approx. Be careful not to slice the wiring at any place and use good holders and relay e.g. Hella.

Last edited by Sommos : 21st November 2012 at 15:36.
Sommos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2012, 16:07   #6583
Newbie
 
nusser1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Bombay
Posts: 20
Thanked: Once
Default Re: Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sommos View Post
Why do you want to change if there is no problem with the existing headlights.

In case you are having problem, try changing the bulbs with 100/90 Philips Rally with ceramic holders, relay and proper wiring kit. It should cost something around 1.5K approx. Be careful not to slice the wiring at any place and use good holders and relay e.g. Hella.
Actually the existing ones were not working well and hence I was looking to replace them with the New Figo's assembly for the sake of warranty however, the Ford *** refused saying that the size doesn't fit

I also am considering upgrading the headlamps with a relay setup however I am concerned with the issues of the reflector getting over heated and also because the reflector is badly designed and suffers from the throw and reach being inadequate.
nusser1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd November 2012, 09:37   #6584
Distinguished - BHPian
 
sgiitk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Kanpur
Posts: 6,644
Thanked: 3,059 Times
Infractions: 0/1 (4)
Default Re: Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here

nusser1; Why not switch to Xtreme Vision or Nightbreaker. I am sure there are single filament types as well. Same wattage so no warranty issues, with about 40% more light.
sgiitk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd November 2012, 11:59   #6585
Senior - BHPian
 
S_U_N's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 1,764
Thanked: 365 Times
Default Re: Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here

Anyone using 3000K HID's in their projectors? I would like to get some feedback on the same.
S_U_N is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Automobile Insurance Queries? Ask me rjvora_2000 Indian Car Loans & Insurance 3717 9th December 2016 22:09
The Mobile Phone Thread - Queries, decisions, discussions all here ravi_28_8 Gadgets, Computers & Software 11182 3rd December 2016 17:34
The Royal Enfield Mechanics Thread: All mechanics requirements and queries here sreerajunnithan Motorbikes 416 8th October 2016 21:04
Formal dressing and tailoring for all occassions (EDIT: Put all your queries here) manaa45 Shifting gears 71 17th February 2016 10:05
The Guitar Thread - Post all Queries,tabs and info here TributE Shifting gears 77 15th June 2015 13:30


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 02:54.

Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks