Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 30th March 2013, 17:22   #7081
BHPian
 
Sommos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Bhilai, CG.
Posts: 985
Thanked: 671 Times
Default Re: Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmThoke View Post
Anyway, can you suggest a good place in Bangalore (preferably south Bangalore around J P Nagar, Jayanagar, BTM, Bannerghatta road etc) where I may get a good set of projects plus HID kits for my Cedia? Was also looking for something funky for my s80 - do you know where I may get something like what you see in this pic?
The are several experts in the forum who can guide you well in this area.
Naveen.Raju and amit_mechengg are one amongst them and you can contact them for details.

You can also search the net for retrofit projector headlamps like the ones below :
http://www.ktautopart.com/
http://theretrorides.com/cars.html
http://www.theretrofitsource.com
Sommos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2013, 17:56   #7082
BHPian
 
OmThoke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 78
Thanked: 50 Times
Default Re: Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here

Thanks Sommos and Sharninder - I've researched a lot on the net, but couldn't find any reputed sites selling angel eyes or HID kits for Volvo s80 or Mitsubishi Cedia. Of course, I can get them imported from Bangkok or Europe, but then I was more keen on checking out the product, and then get it installed in front of my own eyes.

And, hey Sommos, good to see someone from Bhilai; my home-town is Durg But, I'm currently in Bangalore! (for past 9 years actually)
OmThoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2013, 09:16   #7083
Senior - BHPian
 
naveen.raju's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Cochin
Posts: 3,542
Thanked: 2,532 Times
Default Re: Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmThoke View Post
where I may get a good set of projects plus HID kits for my Cedia? Was also looking for something funky for my s80 - do you know where I may get something like what you see in this pic
I have seen couple of projectors kits for Cedia. There's one featured in an ownership thread of a bhpian. As for the S80, you will have to retro fit them onto your existing headlight assembly. The corona rings as seen in BMW can be replicated in any headlights nowadays even in ones without projectors. But it looks good with projectors.
As for the blue lights, dont go for once above 6000k. I would recommend 4300k HIDs. Try EVO(ulsoor) in Blore. He might have contacts.
naveen.raju is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2013, 09:21   #7084
Distinguished - BHPian
 
sgiitk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Kanpur
Posts: 6,637
Thanked: 3,050 Times
Infractions: 0/1 (4)
Default Re: Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here

Anything by way of projectors for the Civic? I am thinking in terms of changing the headlamp assemblies.
sgiitk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2013, 10:29   #7085
Senior - BHPian
 
Captain Slow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,200
Thanked: 472 Times
Default Re: Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here

What kind of bulbs does the cedia fog lamps use? I want to upgrade the bulbs to Diamond White.
Captain Slow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2013, 21:20   #7086
BHPian
 
praful's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 919
Thanked: 339 Times
Default Re: Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here

Been running the below configuration for 3 years now :-

Lo Beam - Narva - 80W H7 - White Light
Hi Beam - Narva - 100W H1 - Yellow Light

My high beam is absolutely fine, I want to change the low beams H7's as I don't think they are effective any more.

Suggestions open for what's "hot" in the market now. Would prefer to avoid 'white' light this time. This is also why I am not too keen on going the HID way.
praful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2013, 22:28   #7087
Senior - BHPian
 
wanderernomad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: AS 03 Jorhat
Posts: 2,303
Thanked: 556 Times
Default Re: Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here

If I wanted to improve my stock lights of my Marina with the stock assemblies what options do I have? The lighting is hopeless with stock bulbs. There are some bulbs available on Deal Extreme like the following:
1. H7 4300K Crystal Vision Vehicle Bright White Light Headlamp (Pair/DV )
2. H1 100W 1000-Lumen 6000K White Car Light Bulbs (2-Pack/DC 12V)
3. H1 100W 1000-Lumen 3000K Warm White Car Light Bulbs (2-Pack/DC )
4. H7 100W 2800K Warm White Car Light Bulbs (2-Pack/DC 12V)
5. H1 100W White Car Light Bulbs (2-Pack/DV 12V)

What do you guys suggest? If I want better lighting conditions especially for highway uses since from now on there would be a lot of long highway drives.
wanderernomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2013, 22:59   #7088
Senior - BHPian
 
Captain Slow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,200
Thanked: 472 Times
Default Re: Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderernomad View Post
If I wanted to improve my stock lights of my Marina with the stock assemblies what options do I have? The lighting is hopeless with stock bulbs. There are some bulbs available on Deal Extreme like the following:
1. H7 4300K Crystal Vision Vehicle Bright White Light Headlamp (Pair/DV )
2. H1 100W 1000-Lumen 6000K White Car Light Bulbs (2-Pack/DC 12V)
3. H1 100W 1000-Lumen 3000K Warm White Car Light Bulbs (2-Pack/DC )
4. H7 100W 2800K Warm White Car Light Bulbs (2-Pack/DC 12V)
5. H1 100W White Car Light Bulbs (2-Pack/DV 12V)

What do you guys suggest? If I want better lighting conditions especially for highway uses since from now on there would be a lot of long highway drives.

Stay within 4300K bulbs anything higher and it will be only for the bling-bling effect and wont help visibility.
If am not wrong the Marina has a twin barrel headlight with 2 separate bulbs
one for the high beam and 1 for the low beam.
Make sure you get the same kelvin rating for both the bulbs.
Captain Slow is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2013, 09:18   #7089
BHPian
 
praful's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 919
Thanked: 339 Times
Default Re: Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here

Quote:
Originally Posted by praful View Post
Been running the below configuration for 3 years now :-

Lo Beam - Narva - 80W H7 - White Light
Hi Beam - Narva - 100W H1 - Yellow Light

My high beam is absolutely fine, I want to change the low beams H7's as I don't think they are effective any more.

Suggestions open for what's "hot" in the market now. Would prefer to avoid 'white' light this time. This is also why I am not too keen on going the HID way.
In addition to my previous query above, I have one more.

Has anyone got any experience of using PIAA Night Tech bulbs? I plan on getting down an H7 pack as a replacement for my bike's headlamps. Not too impressed with Osram Night Breakers or Phillips XtremeVision replacement bulbs.
praful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2013, 09:34   #7090
Senior - BHPian
 
sagarpadaki's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 2,523
Thanked: 1,132 Times
Default Re: Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here

Quote:
Originally Posted by praful View Post
In addition to my previous query above, I have one more.

Has anyone got any experience of using PIAA Night Tech bulbs? I plan on getting down an H7 pack as a replacement for my bike's headlamps. Not too impressed with Osram Night Breakers or Phillips XtremeVision replacement bulbs.

Just checked the price and the bulbs on their website and they are priced at close to 100$(Extreme white plus) . IMO that is too much for a normal bulb when you get a pair of Night breakers or Xtreme vision for less than 20$(converted to INR).Even they are brighther than the previously mentioned twins i dont think that price tag is justified.. You can get proper HID with wiring harness kit at less than 50$ from ebay.Dont you think that would be better?
sagarpadaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2013, 09:40   #7091
BHPian
 
praful's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 919
Thanked: 339 Times
Default Re: Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
Just checked the price and the bulbs on their website and they are priced at close to 100$(Extreme white plus) . IMO that is too much for a normal bulb when you get a pair of Night breakers or Xtreme vision for less than 20$(converted to INR).Even they are brighther than the previously mentioned twins i dont think that price tag is justified.. You can get proper HID with wiring harness kit at less than 50$ from ebay.Dont you think that would be better?

Night Tech H7's retail at about 40$ on Amazon Which in my opinion are worth *if* they are better than the Osrams & Phillips of the world. Because in my experience the light output with Osrams & Phillips upgraded bulbs is only marginally better.

I'm not a big fan of HID's, its has too many negatives which for my use far outweighs its benefits.
praful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2013, 01:03   #7092
BHPian
 
OmThoke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 78
Thanked: 50 Times
Default Re: Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
There's one featured in an ownership thread of a bhpian.
Hey Naveen, can you pls name that BHPian? I tried looking at all the Cedia owners but couldn't spot the one you were referring to.

On a side-note, is it also possible to get the same LED arrangement that you see on a new Audi A4/A6 on an s80? I've seen people do it, but don't know of a good place in Bangalore to get the job done.

And, just the way we can 'em angel eyes, is there a name for those A4 LEDs too?
OmThoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2013, 09:28   #7093
Senior - BHPian
 
itwasntme's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: BANGALORE
Posts: 1,835
Thanked: 868 Times
Default Re: Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmThoke View Post
On a side-note, is it also possible to get the same LED arrangement that you see on a new Audi A4/A6 on an s80? I've seen people do it, but don't know of a good place in Bangalore to get the job done.
Those are the new 'homogeneous' LEDs, i.e. the strip is a seamless one without individual LEDs visible as was the case in all the the older Audi & Mercedes ranges.

Haven't seen any aftermarket ones which are homogeneous in nature yet
itwasntme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2013, 09:33   #7094
BHPian
 
OmThoke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 78
Thanked: 50 Times
Default Re: Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here

As a matter of fact, I've seen some ads online, but they don't seem to deliver what they promise. Here's one of them - http://bangalore.olx.in/5-meter-led-...-iid-431475872

The phone number itself doesn't work

But, I've seen that these 5m LEDs are usually put EXTERNALLY, and not like the homogeneous LEDs
OmThoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2013, 09:45   #7095
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Hyd
Posts: 242
Thanked: 35 Times
Default Scorpio Lighting Upgrade

Hi,
I have a Scorpio with Philips Extreme Visions. The lighting is better than the normal bulbs but not enough for highway drives.

I now bought a Philips H4 Wiring kit with ceramic holders and 130/100 Rally bulbs.

My query is, is the light assembly and especially the surroundings of the bulb of the Scorpio strong enough to withstand the heat from a 130 watt bulb? would the assembly withstand the heat without warping and melting? I will be using these bulbs only for highway driving, so can the assembly withstand the heat for say 8 hours of continuous driving?
asdfvinay is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The Mobile Phone Thread - Queries, decisions, discussions all here ravi_28_8 Gadgets, Computers & Software 11182 3rd December 2016 17:34
Automobile Insurance Queries? Ask me rjvora_2000 Indian Car Loans & Insurance 3713 2nd December 2016 19:09
The Royal Enfield Mechanics Thread: All mechanics requirements and queries here sreerajunnithan Motorbikes 416 8th October 2016 21:04
Formal dressing and tailoring for all occassions (EDIT: Put all your queries here) manaa45 Shifting gears 71 17th February 2016 10:05
The Guitar Thread - Post all Queries,tabs and info here TributE Shifting gears 77 15th June 2015 13:30


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 19:27.

Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks