Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 14th September 2015, 21:15   #9286
BHPian
 
vin11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Delhi
Posts: 120
Thanked: 77 Times
Default

Query - How can one adjust foglamp alignment (vertical)?

Recently I removed my front bumper and saw a rotary knob connected with the foglamp, I twisted it a bit but couldn't make out for what it really was. Now after 2 days, I feel the output of one of my HIDs feels titled upwards. I assume this is because of the adjustment I did with that knob. If yes, I would align both the fogs to the lowest possible setting.

Anyone who has done alignment of the foglamps or has seen the process can confirm.
vin11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th September 2015, 23:37   #9287
BHPian
 
Ushuaia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 162
Thanked: 23 Times
Default

Has anyone been able to source genuine Osram 65w Rallye, if yes please share.
Ushuaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2015, 10:49   #9288
BHPian
 
JMaruru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 445
Thanked: 86 Times
Question Re: 100/90 Hella for swift VDi in B'lore?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMK-MoJo View Post
You may check in Konark accessories shop on jayanagar east end main Road. they have good collection and good staff for installation. Reasonable Pricing.
Would he be carrying genuine spares? I spoke to the guy on the phone, and he has stocks of Hella 130/100 Kit and also Hella 100/90 headlights.

Meanwhile, our Mandovi electrician has offered his services with MICO Super kit(130/100) and Hella 100/90 headlights for 1550/-(Including Installation). Is this a good deal? He does NOT have Hella kit. I had NOT heard of MICO Super. Has anyone here used the same, If so how is the quality of this setup?

Please advise.
JMaruru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2015, 13:05   #9289
BHPian
 
Darth Sid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Noida
Posts: 276
Thanked: 74 Times
Default

A small update on my 100/90W bulb installation on my Swift. I hardly get the time to drive and finally drove after about three weeks. Am using Osram Rallye 100/90W with a Philips harness. The bulbs are of good build quality and can be considered as an alternative to Philips Rally provided you buy the German made ones. Performance is as good as Philips but anyone else who has compared the two should also comment. Bought a pair from ebay for Rs 430+40 for shipping. Got a free car mobile charger with it. The seller was really quick to dispatch the bulbs. Keeping the Philips as spare.

On a side note I hope to complete the HID retrofit on my Duke very soon. In the meantime I have zip tied a Hella 60mm low beam module with HID bulb to the fork for illumination duties. Very impressed by its performance. Final product will not be as good because the lens of that projector is only 1.8 to 2 inches in diameter.
Darth Sid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2015, 13:57   #9290
BHPian
 
hrbheda's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Bombay
Posts: 96
Thanked: 39 Times
Default

Hello BHPians, I am interested in doing a fog light upgrade for my i20. The OEM bulbs are 26W H27 Phillips bulbs , made in Germany. I enquired at local shops and they say there is no upgrade for H27 bulbs.

It's going to be a DIY mod. I don't want to use any cut-out harness etc.
I require bulbs that will work with the stock harness. I am attaching the pics of the bulbs after I removed them.
Any help is much appreciated! Thanks!!
Attached Thumbnails
Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-1442305589825.jpg  

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-1442305604876.jpg  

hrbheda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2015, 14:09   #9291
Distinguished - BHPian
 
condor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Speed-brkr City
Posts: 9,816
Thanked: 2,927 Times
Default Re: Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrbheda View Post
I enquired at local shops and they say there is no upgrade for H27 bulbs.
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/High-...1_5_4,201409_5
condor is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2015, 14:22   #9292
BHPian
 
PatchyBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Earth
Posts: 822
Thanked: 1,174 Times
Default Re: Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrbheda View Post
I am attaching the pics of the bulbs after I removed them.
You should not be touching the glass part of those bulbs. Halogen bulbs are not made from common glass but from a more temperature resistant quartz-type glass. That is because a halogen bulb reaches much higher temperatures than a "common" bulb would. If you touch this quartz type glass, some of the fat and protein from your fingers will stick on it, and start to etch it at this high temperatures. This causes weak spots and eventually a shorter lifetime for the bulb.
PatchyBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2015, 15:54   #9293
BHPian
 
hrbheda's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Bombay
Posts: 96
Thanked: 39 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatchyBoy View Post
You should not be touching the glass part of those bulbs. Halogen bulbs are not made from common glass but from a more temperature resistant quartz-type glass. That is because a halogen bulb reaches much higher temperatures than a "common" bulb would. If you touch this quartz type glass, some of the fat and protein from your fingers will stick on it, and start to etch it at this high temperatures. This causes weak spots and eventually a shorter lifetime for the bulb.
I cleaned the surface with alcohol pads before reinserting them back! Although one of the bulbs is burnt out hence the need for the upgrade!

I always knew touching the glass reduced the lifespan of the bulbs but didn't know the technical details! Thanks for the details!

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Thanks! I don't want LEDs! I need the regular yellow bulbs since they cut through fog better!
Thanks again for taking the time out to look!

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 15th September 2015 at 15:58. Reason: Back to back posts merged.
hrbheda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2015, 21:38   #9294
Distinguished - BHPian
 
condor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Speed-brkr City
Posts: 9,816
Thanked: 2,927 Times
Default Re: Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrbheda View Post
Thanks! I don't want LEDs! I need the regular yellow bulbs since they cut through fog better!
You can look to replace the lamp itself so that you can use a H7 or similar bulb. The mounting points would most likely be different, so you would need to figure out how best to mount it.
condor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2015, 00:21   #9295
BHPian
 
hrbheda's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Bombay
Posts: 96
Thanked: 39 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
You can look to replace the lamp itself so that you can use a H7 or similar bulb. The mounting points would most likely be different, so you would need to figure out how best to mount it.
That's a good idea ! Let me hunt around and see what's compatible with the existing wiring and the light housing.
Thanks!!
hrbheda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th September 2015, 23:24   #9296
BHPian
 
JMaruru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 445
Thanked: 86 Times
Question Re: 100/90 Hella for swift VDi in B'lore?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMaruru View Post
Meanwhile, our Mandovi electrician has offered his services with MICO Super kit(130/100) and Hella 100/90 headlights for 1550/-(Including Installation). Is this a good deal?

He does NOT have Hella kit. I had NOT heard of MICO Super. Has anyone here used the same, If so how is the quality of this setup?

Please advise.
Any help here? I would like to get this done, this weekend. I have NOT heard of MICO Super. I prefer the Mandovi electrician, as he is company trained. But he comes with his own recommended set of harness/kit and headlights.

Also, what would be the recommended upgrade of headlights for Alto. I might get this work also done along with the swift. Can it also hold a 100/90 headlight setup? Please advise.
JMaruru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th September 2015, 00:04   #9297
BHPian
 
Darth Sid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Noida
Posts: 276
Thanked: 74 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMaruru View Post
Any help here? I would like to get this done, this weekend. I have NOT heard of MICO Super. I prefer the Mandovi electrician, as he is company trained. But he comes with his own recommended set of harness/kit and headlights.

Also, what would be the recommended upgrade of headlights for Alto. I might get this work also done along with the swift. Can it also hold a 100/90 headlight setup? Please advise.
I am not sure if this is the same Mico that makes spark plugs. If it is, it can't be too bad. Best would be to source a Hella kit or Philips if the former isn't available. I bought and installed a Philips harness myself in my Swift petrol. No problems observed. Quick and easy DIY install. Only locating the points to anchor the harness took time. Main thing is that the wiring quality should be good and the relay should be robust. If you had the time, you could have sourced the Hella harness online. Maybe you could buy the harness elsewhere and ask your electrician to install it.

By the way, many people here have installed these 100/90W kits in their Swift's. That's why I did too.
Darth Sid is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th September 2015, 00:26   #9298
Distinguished - BHPian
 
a4anurag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 8,378
Thanked: 9,845 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMaruru View Post
Also, what would be the recommended upgrade of headlights for Alto. I might get this work also done along with the swift. Can it also hold a 100/90 headlight setup? Please advise.
This is the kit that I am using in my Swift ZDi :

Philips Rally 12V 100/90W P43t

https://www.amazon.in/dp/B00JGN7RRG/..._UYf.vb50YJQKY

Hella - Lighting Harness For H-4 Bulb (upto 130W)

http://m.snapdeal.com/product/Hella+...re&viewinapp=1

This is a DIY and would take 15-20 minutes and is reversible. I am happy with this install and have done more than 15K kms with no issues whatsoever. No headlight fading too.

Last edited by a4anurag : 19th September 2015 at 00:27.
a4anurag is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2015, 21:27   #9299
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 58
Thanked: 48 Times
Default Re: Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here

I searched the forum a lot to figure out a best dealer in Bangalore who sells headlamps and installs the same - want to go for 90/100W with wiring harness for my Punto. Or a DIY will be sufficient? Any suggestions/recommendations on dealers?
vinodvayyat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st September 2015, 19:29   #9300
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: bangalore
Posts: 117
Thanked: 80 Times
Default Re: Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here

Quote:
I searched the forum a lot to figure out a best dealer in Bangalore who sells headlamps and installs the same - want to go for 90/100W with wiring harness for my Punto. Or a DIY will be sufficient? Any suggestions/recommendations on dealers?
Vinay,even i am also looking for upgrading my Punto Evo 1.2 headlamps. Not sure if i need a extra kit to use 90/100w.

I searched around and found this: http://epitstop.in/Rally-Upgrades/Bu...id-205005.html

what do you think?
ant_vas is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The Mobile Phone Thread - Queries, decisions, discussions all here ravi_28_8 Gadgets, Computers & Software 11182 3rd December 2016 17:34
Automobile Insurance Queries? Ask me rjvora_2000 Indian Car Loans & Insurance 3713 2nd December 2016 19:09
The Royal Enfield Mechanics Thread: All mechanics requirements and queries here sreerajunnithan Motorbikes 416 8th October 2016 21:04
Formal dressing and tailoring for all occassions (EDIT: Put all your queries here) manaa45 Shifting gears 71 17th February 2016 10:05
The Guitar Thread - Post all Queries,tabs and info here TributE Shifting gears 77 15th June 2015 13:30


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 08:24.

Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks