Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 9th October 2007, 19:25   #946
BHPian
 
kpbhatt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Pune
Posts: 347
Thanked: 19 Times
Default

one query regarding Indigo LS -- is it possible to retrofit Xenons as against the manufacturer recommended Lumax pieces that come in as OEM ? if so which size and brand should i look for ?
kpbhatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th October 2007, 19:34   #947
Team-BHP Support
 
Akshay1234's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 9,389
Thanked: 5,257 Times
Default

you can fit them. but do you have the new indogo or the old one? the old one had an h4 bulb. the new one has 2 bulbs. one for low and one for high. not sure what sizes those are.
Akshay1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th October 2007, 20:54   #948
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Pune
Posts: 33
Thanked: 0 Times
Default Civic Angel Eyes/Projection HeadLights in Mumbai/Pune

Hi

I am buying a Honda Civic by the end of this month and was facinated by the Angel Eyes/Projection Headlight Kits displayed. Can smone pls tell me from where can I get them in Pune or Mumbai. And wat is the approx price??
diezel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2007, 10:26   #949
BHPian
 
gopinathann's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Chennai
Posts: 766
Thanked: 20 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by diezel View Post
Hi

I am buying a Honda Civic by the end of this month and was facinated by the Angel Eyes/Projection Headlight Kits displayed. Can smone pls tell me from where can I get them in Pune or Mumbai. And wat is the approx price??
I am not sure about Honda Civic, but I have seen angel lights for Swift in ebay.in which costs around 35K.

I don't know why they cost this much. The idea is very simple if you watch the following link.
Angel Eye Modification
gopinathann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2007, 11:58   #950
BHPian
 
crazydiablo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Bangalore/San Francisco
Posts: 854
Thanked: 20 Times
Default

Question for Baleno:

Recently one of my 100/90W bulbs fused. Question is buy that one or move to blue vision?

How is the bluish light at night? is it better than crystal vision? hows the focussing?
crazydiablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2007, 13:46   #951
BHPian
 
gopinathann's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Chennai
Posts: 766
Thanked: 20 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazydiablo View Post
Question for Baleno:

Recently one of my 100/90W bulbs fused. Question is buy that one or move to blue vision?

How is the bluish light at night? is it better than crystal vision? hows the focussing?
Life time of the bulb.
Blue - *
White - **
Yellow - ***

Light intensity & spreadness
Blue - *
White - **
Yellow - ***

Yellow is best and Blue is worst. This is one of the reason why I didn't go for blue.
gopinathann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2007, 13:51   #952
Team-BHP Support
 
mobike008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 10,015
Thanked: 6,048 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopinathann View Post
Yellow is best and Blue is worst. This is one of the reason why I didn't go for blue.
I disagree with your ratings. White lights indeed give you better spread than yellow lights, if your rating is true then all xenon owners should throw their lights out and get yellow bulbs fitted.

I dont know about blue, but it cant be that bad.
mobike008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2007, 14:40   #953
Senior - BHPian
 
ST7677's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,041
Thanked: 45 Times
Default

I am planning to go for 6000k Xenon for my Civic, but along with them I would also want to change my parking/DRL lights and High beam to super white lights. What is recommended?

I think the stock Highbeam bulb is 65 W.
Should I go for 100W Philips Crystal / Dimond vision bulb?

Note: I do not want to change my wiring or add additional wires...!
ST7677 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2007, 14:51   #954
Team-BHP Support
 
mobike008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 10,015
Thanked: 6,048 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ST7677 View Post
I am planning to go for 6000k Xenon for my Civic, but along with them I would also want to change my parking/DRL lights and High beam to super white lights. What is recommended?

I think the stock Highbeam bulb is 65 W.
Should I go for 100W Philips Crystal / Dimond vision bulb?

Note: I do not want to change my wiring or add additional wires...!
If you decide to go for anything higher than stock bulbs like 90/100 or 100/130 then you will definetly need a relay. Dont install otherwise
mobike008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2007, 14:54   #955
Senior - BHPian
 
ST7677's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,041
Thanked: 45 Times
Default

Moobike008, Yellow light is indeed better, because human eye is more sensitive to it.

Most stock Xenon lights are 4500k colour which are on yellowish side. They appear white / blue because you watch them from an angle and not directly from front.

Since the light comes through a projector lense, white and blue component of light disperses (prism effect) and hence the light appears white / blue from angle.

Higher color temp lights 8k, 10k, 12k go from blue to ultra violet range but our eyes are less sensitive to them.

You would notice most people using xenon look alike white lights facing visibility problems because of this issue.

After market Xenons can still live up with higher colour temperature like 6 k because visible light output of xenon is 3 times more than std halogens, so sensitivity loss of colour is compenstated by additional brightness.

BTW, Day time light colour is about 5400k
ST7677 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2007, 14:57   #956
Senior - BHPian
 
ST7677's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,041
Thanked: 45 Times
Default

Quote:
If you decide to go for anything higher than stock bulbs like 90/100 or 100/130 then you will definetly need a relay. Dont install otherwise
I would want to make sure of that, because there is hardly much difference from 65W to 100W, and I am told that most modern cars do not require additional harness.

But I would like to confirm on that...
Also, If I do what risks do it run, blowing up a fuse or burning down the whole car...???

I also wanted to understand what does stock 65/55 means?
The Xenons typically operate at 35 watts... what implication it has on other lights...
Is the supply treated individually or combined (65+55)

Last edited by ST7677 : 10th October 2007 at 15:00.
ST7677 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2007, 15:02   #957
Team-BHP Support
 
Vid6639's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 13,786
Thanked: 16,928 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ST7677 View Post
But I would like to confirm on that...
Also, If I do what risks do it run, blowing up a fuse or burning down the whole car...???
A 90/100w is a sufficient amount of current increase. The minimum damage you would have is a blown fuse. But more likely is to fry up the wiring and probably damage to the ECU as the worst that could happen.
Vid6639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2007, 15:04   #958
Team-BHP Support
 
mobike008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 10,015
Thanked: 6,048 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ST7677 View Post
I would want to make sure of that, because there is hardly much difference from 65W to 100W, and I am told that most modern cars do not require additional harness.

But I would like to confirm on that...
Also, If I do what risks do it run, blowing up a fuse or burning down the whole car...???

I also wanted to understand what does stock 65/55 means?
The Xenons typically operate at 35 watts... what implication it has on other lights...
Is the supply treated individually or combined (65+55)
55/65 means 55 wattage for low beam and 65 wattage for high beam. It is possible to go up to 90/100 without a cutout but there is a risk of fuse blowing not the entire car getting burnt down . One of my friend installed a 100/130 with a relay in his viva crdi and his clear lens have darkened a lot when i compare it with mine.

I am running on 90/100 yellow bulbs with relay and quite happy with its results.

Last edited by mobike008 : 10th October 2007 at 15:05.
mobike008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2007, 15:14   #959
Senior - BHPian
 
ST7677's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,041
Thanked: 45 Times
Default

so can I safely go 35 W for low beam (xenon) and 90W or 100W for high beam (halogen), without changing wire?

(total still doesn;t change much from 65+55=120; 35+90=125)
ST7677 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2007, 15:31   #960
Team-BHP Support
 
tsk1979's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 22,608
Thanked: 14,894 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopinathann View Post
Yellow is best and Blue is worst. This is one of the reason why I didn't go for blue.
huh?
Care to elaborate please.
any source of your information.
I have never heard of such a thing. It actually depends on a number of factors and the color of the light is not one of those.
tsk1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Automobile Insurance Queries? Ask me rjvora_2000 Indian Car Loans & Insurance 3717 9th December 2016 22:09
The Mobile Phone Thread - Queries, decisions, discussions all here ravi_28_8 Gadgets, Computers & Software 11182 3rd December 2016 17:34
The Royal Enfield Mechanics Thread: All mechanics requirements and queries here sreerajunnithan Motorbikes 416 8th October 2016 21:04
Formal dressing and tailoring for all occassions (EDIT: Put all your queries here) manaa45 Shifting gears 71 17th February 2016 10:05
The Guitar Thread - Post all Queries,tabs and info here TributE Shifting gears 77 15th June 2015 13:30


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 20:23.

Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks