Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Old 16th May 2018, 12:15   #11041
BHPian

Default Re: Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeantownThinker View Post
Given this, what are the options available to me to better the beam throws?
Since your Verna is running projectors, I’d recommend you to take the plunge & get an HID setup.
Not only will it boost the light output by a huge margin, it will reduce the power consumption from 60W to 35W, while running significantly cooler than regular halogen bulbs & increase the life of the projectors, as well as the bulbs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by suku_patel_22 View Post
You could start off with HID in the low beam projectors. I have installed them in my EcoSport and they work very well.
Verna runs a bi-halogen setup & not a dual barrel setup like the EcoSport does.
AShubrah is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2018, 11:49   #11042
BHPian

Default Re: Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here

Quote:
Originally Posted by AShubrah View Post
Since your Verna is running projectors, I’d recommend you to take the plunge & get an HID setup.
Thanks. Now, most HIDs run 6000K bulbs. That is a white light which will be poor in foggy and rainy conditions. Any suggestions on any specific brand of bulbs that run at 4500K or thereabouts?
BeantownThinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2018, 13:06   #11043
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks. Now, most HIDs run 6000K bulbs. That is a white light which will be poor in foggy and rainy conditions. Any suggestions on any specific brand of bulbs that run at 4500K or thereabouts?
Its not the HID kits that come mostly in 6000k, rather the customers who prefer 6000k bulbs. Probably because its looks the most fancy.

Also, a halogen projector might not be ready to take in an HID bulb. The optical alignment might not work out that well. Do a check at a local shop or borrow a kit from a friend for the test.

There are numerous brands that offer bulb with lower temp. Morimoto(US), powerbulbs(UK), reliable local shops, xenonplanet.in or aliexpress.com.
Myth_sx is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2018, 14:55   #11044
BHPian

Quote:
You can find 4200K - 4500K options in Osram and Morimoto, as they’ll be good for foggy/rainy conditions.
Also, if you really want to take it one step further & get the best possible light output from your headlamps, you can invest in a Morimoto projector retrofit.
AShubrah is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2018, 18:22   #11045
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (4)

Quote:
I am currently using CNLight 4300K HID bulbs in my Ecosport. They are very good.
suku_patel_22 is offline   Reply With Quote