Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th November 2014, 12:50   #8596
Senior - BHPian

Re: Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here

Quote:
Originally Posted by msdivy View Post
So I decided to order from autolamps-online.com. Costed me Rs 1,898 (23.96 Euros) for a pair. Deal included 5W sidelamps. Ordered on 5th Nov and got it delivered on 15th Nov 2014.

Site looks good. Unfortunately, they don't have HS1 bulbs which I need for my Suzuki Access. I was looking at Osram Silverstar or something from Phillips, Germany for the scooter.
Old 20th November 2014, 12:56   #8597
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by civic-sense View Post
Had never heard of this site before. Looks good. I just placed an order for Philips XtremeVision+ 130%. Shipped via RoyalMail. So is it delivered by IndiaPost in India?
I have used that site in 2010 to order X-tremeVision. Details: X-tremeVision. These are the same once which I am replacing now. No idea about IndiaPost. RoyalMail might have a local representative here.
msdivy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th November 2014, 13:30   #8598
BHPian

Quote:
Shipped via RoyalMail. So is it delivered by IndiaPost in India?

Quote:
No idea about IndiaPost. RoyalMail might have a local representative here.

Items I ordered from UK which was sent by Royal mail was always delivered through India Post. Use the same Royal mail tracking id in http://ipsweb.ptcmysore.gov.in/ipswebtracking/ and you will get the tracking details within India once it reaches our shores.
ajaypjayaraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st November 2014, 00:31   #8599
Distinguished - BHPian

I made these two guys with about 800 bucks worth of LEDs, and 50 bucks of aluminum.
The round one goes into an existing housing from another work lamp shipped broken by the manufacturer. Good heat sink it has, the light was broken, so he sent a replacement.

The straight one, I'll be using the remaining aluminum for housing and cooling fins.
Each one is rated at 10w, and just two of them are about as bright as my fiesta's foglamp.

It's a good, satisfying DIY, and the lights are available on eBay.
Attached Images

mayankk is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 21st November 2014, 12:57   #8600
Senior - BHPian

My AES supplied CCFL inverter for dual angel eyes conked off a couple of weeks ago.
Had to struggle a bit to find someone else selling it at a reasonable price.
Finally ordered a single piece from China (Aliexpress). Now the free shipping China post wait starts.

I was informed that HeartRay produces better bulbs than the more popular CNlights company.

This was when I was looking for 3000K H1 bulbs (instead of the existing 4300K bulb which get washed out completely when the roads are wet).

Last edited by S_U_N : 21st November 2014 at 12:58.
Old 21st November 2014, 15:33   #8601
BHPian

Quote:
I have used that site in 2010 to order X-tremeVision. Details: X-tremeVision. These are the same once which I am replacing now. No idea about IndiaPost. RoyalMail might have a local representative here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajaypjayaraj View Post
Items I ordered from UK which was sent by Royal mail was always delivered through India Post. Use the same Royal mail tracking id in http://ipsweb.ptcmysore.gov.in/ipswebtracking/ and you will get the tracking details within India once it reaches our shores.
They have not provided a tracking number. It just mentions "Shipped via RoyalMail". I am in TVM, hope they deliver here without any issues.
Old 21st November 2014, 15:39   #8602
BHPian

Quote:
They have not provided a tracking number. It just mentions "Shipped via RoyalMail". I am in TVM, hope they deliver here without any issues.
Have not ordered from that site. From what I have seen so far, some sites don't provide you the tracking details at the time of shipment but updates you with the tracking details later. If not, you could always mail them asking for tracking details.
ajaypjayaraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st November 2014, 16:04   #8603
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yes, there was no tracking number. I contacted their support and they assured me I will get the package.
msdivy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st November 2014, 19:51   #8604
BANNED

Even if there is a tracking number once it is in Indian Posts system that is not help. Also, the biggest delay is often Indian Customs. I got a couple of HiDs from the US and they simply vanished for three weeks.
Old 21st November 2014, 20:17   #8605
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
Also, the biggest delay is often Indian Customs. I got a couple of HiDs from the US and they simply vanished for three weeks.
Did u finally get the HiDs or were they marked 'lost'?
Old 21st November 2014, 22:05   #8606
BHPian

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
Even if there is a tracking number once it is in Indian Posts system that is not help.

In my case, ipswebtracking site helped me track the consignment within India till it reached me, even if the tracking no. was originally provided by Royal Mail. Not just for 1 consignment but this was true for many consignments. Customs clearance is a gamble. Depends on the type and cost of item too I guess. Some times it gets a lot delayed at Customs.
Old 22nd November 2014, 07:30   #8607
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Had never heard of this site before. Looks good. I just placed an order for Philips XtremeVision+ 130%. Shipped via RoyalMail. So is it delivered by IndiaPost in India?
Track it in www.17track.net This site digs out all available trackign sites, checks where all statuses are available and gives the latest status.

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-17track3.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
Site looks good. Unfortunately, they don't have HS1 bulbs which I need for my Suzuki Access. I was looking at Osram Silverstar or something from Phillips, Germany for the scooter.
H4 bulbs are direct fit to HS1. However HS1 bulbs will not fit into H4, they'll need slight modification (trimming of the center fat tab)

I'm using a Philips XtremeVision 60/55 bulb on a boxer 150 headkight meant for HS1. No issues whatsoever.

Last edited by SunnyBoi : 22nd November 2014 at 07:42.
Old 22nd November 2014, 09:21   #8608
BHPian

Upgraded my XUV high beams to OSRAM NBU. Good improvement in lighting .

In top picture, fog lamps are ON.so ignore the near by light.
Attached Thumbnails
Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-1416628019351.jpg  

PMK-MoJo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2014, 10:37   #8609
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashank.nk View Post
Did u finally get the HiDs or were they marked 'lost'?
I was on the verge of giving up, when they suddenly showed up, in excellent condition as well.
sgiitk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2014, 13:27   #8610
BHPian

i have a honda jazz 2009 model...im looking to update the headlamps to something brighter. for some reason i feel they arent bright enough and sadly i prefer to use the high beam at all times. its a problem for oncoming traffic and a constant affair of flicking the stalk from high to low to avoid dazzling

any suggestions as to which bulbs i could install and where to acquire them from? also ive heard higher wattage bulbs would require some mods to the casing to prevent over heating and melting. is that true?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks