Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Old 28th December 2010, 10:55   #1
Default Dear Manufacturer, here are our suggestions on mods and facelifts

Many companies have planned or are planning modifications, facelifts, improvements to existing vehicles in their stable in the new year. It would be a good idea for us to contribute constructively to them.

For 2011, let us tell the manufacturers what we desire from their existing cars. Let us share through this thread
1. What modifications we would like in existing vehicles
2. What improvements we would like in existing versions
3. What cars we think should be phased out
4. What models should be imported and launched in India

To make this thread more constructive, I propose the following guidelines (not rules).
a. While talking modifications, we should ensure that the price of the car remains more or less the same (max deviation of 5% on ex-showroom price).
Further, the modifications should not change the segment in which the car presently sits. So, you cannot make an SUV out of an Indigo CS by suggesting modifications.
We can suggest a different engine spec, adding airbags, ICE, etc. as long as we stick to the price point guideline

b. Improvements will have to be based on an identified shortcoming.
As far as [possible, this should not increase the price

c. Cars recommended for phasing out should be backed by logic which can be other than customer preference also.
For example, 'car X sells decent numbers but is most unsafe' could be a valid argument

d. While suggesting imports of cars, we should ensure
d.1. That the manufacturer is already present in India
d.2. That it fits into the current market and customer segments

I hope I have not presented some muddled thoughts. Anyone is welcome to suggest modifications to these guidelines.

Let the ideas flow!

@Mods: IN case i have posted this in an inappropriate thread, request you to kindly move it to the right one.
travelwriter is offline   Reply With Quote