Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Old 13th January 2016, 11:03   #121
BHPian

Default Re: Car Vacuum Cleaner

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonSnow View Post
Will wait for your feedback. Reviews are really good for this product. But from what I have read, wet operation requires dust bag to be removed and the bag is not reusable (though some people use it without the bag also).

I was looking at less expensive products since I don't intend to use it for cleaning the floors. Apart from car interiors, I will be using it mainly for sofa, computer table and some other small areas.
Opened the package yesterday. Delivery time was as mentioned in the order confirmation page of infibeam so no issues with the delivery time. Unit was in the company original packaging so there were no issues in that either. After opening, all I had to do was push the four wheels at the bottom & connect the nozzle. Fixing the dust bag was also a breeze as it required just aligning the opening of the bag inside the container and a slight push. Build quality looks very good, and maneuverability was also not an issue due to sturdy wheels.

The suction power is good enough for the few areas that I tested. I used the crevice nozzle on the sliding channels of our glass doors, and it picked up all the dust. That is usually one of the worst areas to clean without a vacuum. Have not tried it on the carpet, and also not yet tested the wet vacuuming part. But based on the reviews it should not be a problem.

I was waiting to test this device before ordering any additional accessories. The unit comes with only two nozzles. I knew that for furniture & upholstery I would need to order separate nozzle(s). Official Karcher accessories are very expensive. I have identified couple of inexpensive attachments from Rodak that should serve well with this unit (again, based on the feedback at Amazon for the Rodak accessories). Here is the link to the accessories from Rodak site.

About wet operation: Though I have not tested, it is apparent that the dust bag will have to be removed since it is paper-based. However it is very easy to remove it. Also, I would have to agree that even for dry operation one could go "bagless" since the container is the same where the sucked liquids will be stored. So technically the sucked dust could also be stored in the same area.

Regarding the dust bags, this unit has the paper-based bags but I believe that the cloth-based (washable/reusable) dust bag of WD5/MV5 unit can also be used with this device. I would suggest that you search for the nearest dealer of Karcher and get a demo of the unit, if possible. Connecting & using the unit was very easy once I got the demo from them.

Hope this helps.

Last edited by sohu9 : 13th January 2016 at 11:15.
sohu9 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th January 2016, 08:08   #122
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sohu9 View Post
Fixing the dust bag was also a breeze as it required just aligning the opening of the bag inside the container and a slight push.

About wet operation: Though I have not tested, it is apparent that the dust bag will have to be removed since it is paper-based. However it is very easy to remove it. Also, I would have to agree that even for dry operation one could go "bagless" since the container is the same where the sucked liquids will be stored. So technically the sucked dust could also be stored in the same area.

Regarding the dust bags, this unit has the paper-based bags but I believe that the cloth-based (washable/reusable) dust bag of WD5/MV5 unit can also be used with this device. I would suggest that you search for the nearest dealer of Karcher and get a demo of the unit, if possible. Connecting & using the unit was very easy once I got the demo from them.

Hope this helps.
Thanks for the update. I am still not sure why the bags are not reusable. If they can be removed and attached easily, can't we just empty them and reattach them ?
JonSnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th January 2016, 13:04   #123
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the update. I am still not sure why the bags are not reusable. If they can be removed and attached easily, can't we just empty them and reattach them ?
Hello,

Have been using the WD3 for the past 2 months.

A few comments to help you with your decision

1) Can run for a long time - I normally run mine for 20 to 30 mins. non stop
2) Slightly noisy
3) Great suction and blower function
4) Only two attachments
5) Only used dry function - may never use wet function
6) Have also ordered extra paper bags and one filter
7) running without paper bag for dry function may cause filter to get clogged and secondly fine dust will enter the motor reducing life

Overall - I would recommend for home.

Cheers
sanjbmw2001 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th January 2016, 13:42   #124
BHPian

Quote:
Can be little messy but should be feasible I guess till it can take the wear and tear. This may not be advisable for people with allergies or who don't want to deal with dust.
sohu9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd February 2016, 13:55   #125
BHPian

Hello Guys
Seeing the reviews i am inclined to buy the Bergmann Hurricane model - but it is out of stock :-( , the tornado is available though- shall i go for it or instead buy the B&D AV 1205?

Last edited by The Observer : 3rd February 2016 at 13:56. Reason: grammatical error.
The Observer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th February 2016, 13:09   #126
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Observer View Post
Hello Guys
Seeing the reviews i am inclined to buy the Bergmann Hurricane model - but it is out of stock :-( , the tornado is available though- shall i go for it or instead buy the B&D AV 1205?
I am a cleanliness freak and have used both the models. Between Black & Decker AV1205 and Bergmann Tornado , I can confidently recommend Bergmann Tornado due to the following reasons -

1. Suction Power - Trust me its really bad in B&D AV1205. On the contrary, the Tornado could easily pick up my Samsung S5 Mobile phone through suction.
2. Attachments - The nozzle is very short and small (virtually non-existent) in B&D. Bergmann nozzle is very long and handsome.
3. HEPA Filter (Most Important) - The B&D model does not have an HEPA Filter. Hence minute dust reaches the motor compartment and gets thrown out through the exhaust back at your face. On the contrary, Tornado has a HEPA filter which restricts minute dust particles from reaching the motor compartment and the exhaust.
4. Build quality - It is good in both the models. But I found Tornado to be more sleek and handy in reaching the crevices.
5. Dust Box - It is not translucent in case of B&D, so you don't know when it gets full. In Tornado, you can actually see the dust and know when its time to empty.
6. Cigarette Lighter Plug - In case of B&D, there is no LED light, so if the connection gets loose, you don't really know. In case of Tornado, a red light glows, you know the connection is intact. I also loved the idea of Bergmann giving an extra fuse. Just shows how much a brand cares !
7. Wet & Dry - B&D AV1205 is not wet & dry. It is only dry. Tornado is both wet & dry.

Few other tips -

1. Ensure the filter is intact and there are no gaps on the sides.
2. If you feel the suction power is low in any make vacuum cleaner, please appreciate the possibility that your car battery might be weak. So don't jump to conclusions and start blaming the Car Vac at the first instant. Either use it in some other car or best use it with the car engine running before you draw any conclusions.
3. Do not use any Car Vac for more than 10 minutes continuously. Give a minute break in between.
4. Judge the performance of a Vacuum Cleaner relative to the price you have paid for it. Don't expect the moon at the cost of a pebble !
5. A Car Vacuum Cleaner works on 12V DC. So there is limit to the power. Don't expect the performance of a home vacuum cleaner (220V AC) in a Car Vacuum Cleaner.

Hope the above helps. All the best !
ashm99 is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2016, 09:00   #127
BHPian

My Bergmann Hurricane is throwing dust out of its exhaust where previously only air used to come. Where do I send it for repair ? Any body got clues ? Its kind of new. Disappointed.
Metallicar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th February 2016, 11:29   #128
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metallicar View Post
My Bergmann Hurricane is throwing dust out of its exhaust where previously only air used to come. Where do I send it for repair ? Any body got clues ? Its kind of new. Disappointed.
I had experienced this once in one of my earlier car vac. Realized later that the filter was not intact. Ideally, the dust cannot penetrate the HEPA filter. So there are only 2 reasons why this can happen -
Reason 1. The HEPA filter is not intact and the dust is entering the motor compartment from the sides.
Solution - Affix the filter properly ensuring no gaps on the side.
Reason 2. The filter is clogged.
Solution - Clean it under running water with a tooth-brush.

Hope this should resolve your issue. My Hurricane is working perfectly and just used it today morning. Not a spec of dust from the exhaust ! You can try doing the above and I'm pretty sure this should get resolved. There is also a customer service no mentioned in the warranty card (022-2880-3232) just in case you need more assistance. Hope this helps !
ashm99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th February 2016, 14:52   #129
Distinguished - BHPian

I have an old, un-used B&D wet & dry cordless car vacuum cleaner. The charger/adapter is missing, hence I am looking for a charger /adapter to test it with. Does anyone have one in Bangalore - would like to test the working of the vacuum cleaner before I proceed any further. Thanks !
condor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 8th October 2016, 00:07   #130
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzzehar View Post
Sorry, didn't get a chance to click the pics but will do if you need them. Here's the review in the interim - highly recommended.

I tested it out (the Hurricane vacuum) over the weekend and was impressed by it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by schakravarthy View Post
took a gamble and bought the Bergmann Hurricane. I paid Rs.1480/- on Amazon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by virgopal View Post
Received the Bergmann Vacuum cleaner(Hurricane-100W). Tried it in my vehicle.It has a powerful suction-lifts the carpet itself.Attachments(Three nozzes+Flexible extension tube) are of good quality. One spare fuse which was supposed to be enclosed in the package,could not be found.
All in all I am very satisfied with the unit.Hope it serves without major problems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashm99 View Post
My Hurricane is working perfectly and just used it today morning. Not a spec of dust from the exhaust !
Thank you guys for sharing the reviews.

Just ordered the Bergmann Hurricane, hope to get it soon.
Dry Ice is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th October 2016, 13:25   #131
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
Thank you guys for sharing the reviews.

Just ordered the Bergmann Hurricane, hope to get it soon.
Received yesterday and used it today on 2 cars, Scorpio ('13) and Alto ('06).

Scorpio was relatively clean and needed very less effort. What impressed me most was the attachment with bristles. It cleans the dashboard and centre facia very well. Just a slow once over was enough to get rid of all that stuck up dust in the nooks and crannies. The switches also accumulate a lot of dust on the sides, it cleaned all of that pretty easily. For the seats again, I used the same attachment. It helps to agitate any stuck-up dust and once lose it gets suck up by the cleaner.

Alto being a decade old had all sorts of things in the corners and harder to reach places. Thanks to the extension tube and the slim attachment, I was able to clean all such spots. Dashboard, seats and headliner were cleaned by the brush/bristles attachment. I feel this one is the most effective to use with fabric, whether it's the seats or floor carpet. The other extensions don't seem to clean fabrics all that well.

It took me close to an hour to complete both cars. By the end of it, it was a little warm but not too much. I didn't keep it on all the while gave it a break after 10-15mins. The cars were idling when the vacuum cleaner was in use.

Overall am pretty satisfied with the product. Thanks again guys for the great recommendation!! 👍
Dry Ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th October 2016, 13:32   #132
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (9)

Maybe this has been answered already before, does any of these have the blower function?
gsurya is offline   Reply With Quote