Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 17th April 2011, 17:30   #76
Senior - BHPian
 
pranavt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,628
Thanked: 272 Times
Default Re: My Quest for a "FAST" car!! B16 Honda City

How can a mechanical pump "blow"?
pranavt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th April 2011, 20:27   #77
Senior - BHPian
 
Ricky_63's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 3,846
Thanked: 375 Times
Default Re: My Quest for a "FAST" car!! B16 Honda City

Quote:
Originally Posted by pranavt View Post
How can a mechanical pump "blow"?


I think we can attribute that to advanced technology I think you get the drift why do you want to point at things which are meant to convey a thought...just to convey a thought or an expression, you really go for it don't you !!

Kindly take the above in the right spirit - jest is what they call it !!


Cheers

Last edited by Ricky_63 : 17th April 2011 at 20:29.
Ricky_63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th April 2011, 20:31   #78
Senior - BHPian
 
pranavt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,628
Thanked: 272 Times
Default Re: My Quest for a "FAST" car!! B16 Honda City

It was a genuine question. How can a pump which has a gear on one side and 6-8 fins on the other side connected by a thick shaft get blown?

But whatever.
pranavt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th April 2011, 20:44   #79
Senior - BHPian
 
Ricky_63's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 3,846
Thanked: 375 Times
Default Re: My Quest for a "FAST" car!! B16 Honda City

Quote:
Originally Posted by pranavt View Post
It was a genuine question. How can a pump which has a gear on one side and 6-8 fins on the other side connected by a thick shaft get blown?

But whatever.


Blown = Broken Is it not that simple. Anyway let us concentrate on more "productive" discussions - shall we ?




Cheers
Ricky_63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th April 2011, 00:42   #80
Senior - BHPian
 
m4ugr8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 1,291
Thanked: 123 Times
Default

Got a call from Phil, The Pump has been installed on the car and its back to LIFE after such a long time. ECU wiring is underway, will drop in to the workshop tomorrow to click some pictures of the installed Brakes and other stuff . Cant wait to drive this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky_63 View Post
Blown = Broken Is it not that simple. Anyway let us concentrate on more "productive" discussions - shall we ?




Cheers
Thank You for answering this for me.

Last edited by Vid6639 : 29th April 2011 at 18:23. Reason: Merged posts. Please use edit option for posting within 30mins. Thanks.
m4ugr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th April 2011, 02:36   #81
Senior - BHPian
 
pranavt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,628
Thanked: 272 Times
Default Re: My Quest for a "FAST" car!! B16 Honda City

So when the engine was delivered to you, it came with the turbo manifold on it?
pranavt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th April 2011, 11:13   #82
Senior - BHPian
 
Ricky_63's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 3,846
Thanked: 375 Times
Default Re: My Quest for a "FAST" car!! B16 Honda City

Quote:
Originally Posted by m4ugr8 View Post
Got a call from Phil, The Pump has been installed on the car and its back to LIFE after such a long time. ECU wiring is underway, will drop in to the workshop tomorrow to click some pictures of the installed Brakes and other stuff . Cant wait to drive this.

Wow that is nice to know. Will look forward to the pictures !!


Quote:
Originally Posted by m4ugr8 View Post
Thank You for answering this for me.

You are welcome !!



Cheers
Ricky_63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th April 2011, 12:36   #83
Senior - BHPian
 
m4ugr8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 1,291
Thanked: 123 Times
Default Re: My Quest for a "FAST" car!! B16 Honda City

Quote:
Originally Posted by pranavt View Post
So when the engine was delivered to you, it came with the turbo manifold on it?
Yes. The engine was delivered with the Turbo manifold and the NA headers with it.
m4ugr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2011, 15:35   #84
BHPian
 
Ford Rocam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Mumbai-India
Posts: 880
Thanked: 16 Times
Default Re: My Quest for a "FAST" car!! B16 Honda City

Quote:
Originally Posted by m4ugr8 View Post
Rightly said Shrey, Its not a direct bolt-on, you need to fabricate 3 custom mounts as you right said. I am using the B16 gearbox which also needs a lot of changes, the gearbox was set apart a lot of corrections and stuff, still waiting for my clutch to arrive
If you use Innovative Mount Kit, You can have 1 direct bolt on mount on right side of engine (nr timing cover) but for left side u will need to fabricate custom bracket to make it fit, The rear Torque Mount is the most complicated part, since you have 3" Exhaust (for Turbo) Gear Shift Rod passing from same location. You will need to custom design a bracket which will clear all this and act as a bridge between Gearbox and chasis of car, The design has to be in such a way that the torque shock when engine produceses its impact has to be delivered to rubber inserts inside the mounts in rear to absorb the shock load. else u will keep on breaking rear gearbox fittingss. Use a 60A grade inserts for Mounts, those are with minimum stiffness and somewhat street friendly.
Ford Rocam is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2011, 16:43   #85
BHPian
 
nick17s's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 530
Thanked: 86 Times
Default Re: My Quest for a "FAST" car!! B16 Honda City

hey manan, have you changed the tires and rims of the Honda city, because I guess your DDIS now has the same your City wore..and whats up with that [COLOR=#777777] E60 BMW 530D [/COLOR]in your signature ??
nick17s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2011, 16:57   #86
Team-BHP Support
 
suhaas307's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 8,054
Thanked: 6,601 Times
Default Re: My Quest for a "FAST" car!! B16 Honda City

Wonderful thread!

My dream is to own two cars (if I don't get rich enough to own and run a 911 Carrera, of course ) and those two cars would be a 2001 MPFI Zen with a shoe-horned G13b or a G16b, and of course, this Honda City with a B16 with a turbo et al.

All the best mate!

Subscribed!
suhaas307 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2011, 04:07   #87
Senior - BHPian
 
m4ugr8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 1,291
Thanked: 123 Times
Default Re: My Quest for a "FAST" car!! B16 Honda City

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford Rocam View Post
If you use Innovative Mount Kit, You can have 1 direct bolt on mount on right side of engine (nr timing cover) but for left side u will need to fabricate custom bracket to make it fit, The rear Torque Mount is the most complicated part, since you have 3" Exhaust (for Turbo) Gear Shift Rod passing from same location. You will need to custom design a bracket which will clear all this and act as a bridge between Gearbox and chasis of car, The design has to be in such a way that the torque shock when engine produceses its impact has to be delivered to rubber inserts inside the mounts in rear to absorb the shock load. else u will keep on breaking rear gearbox fittingss. Use a 60A grade inserts for Mounts, those are with minimum stiffness and somewhat street friendly.
Explains everything, nothing can match real world experience can it ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick17s View Post
hey manan, have you changed the tires and rims of the Honda city, because I guess your DDIS now has the same your City wore..and whats up with that [COLOR=#777777] E60 BMW 530D [/COLOR]in your signature ??
Yes, These rims are now on my Swift. New rims need to be purchased for this, 4 HOLE only. One needs a daily drive also?? . The Swift is driven by my younger brother.
Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
Wonderful thread!

My dream is to own two cars (if I don't get rich enough to own and run a 911 Carrera, of course ) and those two cars would be a 2001 MPFI Zen with a shoe-horned G13b or a G16b, and of course, this Honda City with a B16 with a turbo et al.

All the best mate!

Subscribed!
Thank You. My second car is also under construction, stay tuned.
m4ugr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2011, 14:15   #88
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: new delhi
Posts: 125
Thanked: 36 Times
Default Re: My Quest for a "FAST" car!! B16 Honda City

@pranav in between the fins, think shaft and housing there also is a bearing and seal .

hope this answers your question .
speedsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th April 2011, 16:47   #89
Senior - BHPian
 
Ricky_63's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 3,846
Thanked: 375 Times
Default Re: My Quest for a "FAST" car!! B16 Honda City

Nice to see Phil on the forum ? Where had you disappeared ?? How about putting some pics up for feasting on the build !!

How long till the car hits the road ?


Cheers
Ricky_63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th April 2011, 03:24   #90
Senior - BHPian
 
m4ugr8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 1,291
Thanked: 123 Times
Default Re: My Quest for a "FAST" car!! B16 Honda City

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky_63 View Post
Nice to see Phil on the forum ? Where had you disappeared ?? How about putting some pics up for feasting on the build !!

How long till the car hits the road ?


Cheers
He went on a LONG vacation lol, But now is back to work. ECU wiring is underway, The car is stripped and wires are ready to be put together. I see not long before the car is back on the road. New Rims were purchased today and put on the car. Some mobile cam pics attached. Brakes pictures as well. Will click some high resolution photos and post.

Rays lug nuts awaited
Attached Thumbnails
My Quest for a "FAST" car!! B16 Honda City-img2011042900543.jpg  

My Quest for a "FAST" car!! B16 Honda City-img2011042900545.jpg  

My Quest for a "FAST" car!! B16 Honda City-img2011042900546.jpg  

My Quest for a "FAST" car!! B16 Honda City-img2011042900548.jpg  

My Quest for a "FAST" car!! B16 Honda City-img2011042900551.jpg  

m4ugr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
"Cayenne" we "XC-eed" in our "Endeavour" to "Safari"? Taking powerful metal off-road SS-Traveller 4x4 Excursions 55 10th November 2016 22:56
My '94 Turbocharged B16 Honda Civic i<3turbo Modifications & Accessories 15 3rd August 2015 15:05
My B16 City Review - behind the scene Ford Rocam Long-Term Ownership Reviews 57 18th April 2013 21:59
Fast and Furious 5 : "Fast Five" Cyrus43 Shifting gears 19 18th December 2011 18:53
How fast....How fast? sri Street Experiences 10 16th July 2007 18:58


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 03:22.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks