Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11th February 2011, 22:22   #16
Senior - BHPian
 
kutlee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 1,126
Thanked: 194 Times
Default Re: My TURBO-Charged Swift Petrol! And a dyno graph too

I have my doubts on this. Looks like hurriedly put up weld job. Also what's the thickness of the pipes? Possibility of sagging when this gets heated up.
Attached Images
 
kutlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2011, 23:53   #17
Senior - BHPian
 
thedreamcatcher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Dubai
Posts: 1,205
Thanked: 61 Times
Default Re: My TURBO-Charged Swift Petrol! And a dyno graph too

Nice. I always enjoy seeing Turbo setups on petrol cars.

How effective is your air filter setup. Does it recieve enough cold air?
thedreamcatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2011, 01:03   #18
BHPian
 
i<3turbo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Mumbai/Philadel
Posts: 406
Thanked: 228 Times
Default Re: My TURBO-Charged Swift Petrol! And a dyno graph too

is there a reason you cant run more psi, i mean i know high compression hondas that run atleast 11psi lol.
i<3turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2011, 13:42   #19
BHPian
 
Sportsmind's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 394
Thanked: 28 Times
Cool Re: My TURBO-Charged Swift Petrol! And a dyno graph too

Quote:
Originally Posted by i<3turbo View Post
loving the fabrication work man looks real good. sorry i didnt know you had a hood scoop, that is a great functionable mod. where did you get that manifold, what size turbo is that and how many pounds of boost are you running?
The entire FFE was created by Red rooster. It is a GT20 turbo and 7.6 Psi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kutlee View Post
I have my doubts on this. Looks like hurriedly put up weld job. Also what's the thickness of the pipes? Possibility of sagging when this gets heated up.
I really need to verify on this during my next visit to RRR. This was created by Leela a few years back what I get to understand. Thanks for this pointer. Cheers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedreamcatcher View Post
Nice. I always enjoy seeing Turbo setups on petrol cars. How effective is your air filter setup. Does it recieve enough cold air?
Thanks buddy. The present K&N filters are doing a good job. I have set my eyes on BMC filters at RRR if I plan for an upgrade on them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by i<3turbo View Post
is there a reason you cant run more psi, i mean i know high compression hondas that run atleast 11psi lol.
I have been asking this question for sometime. I guess I will have to work on the compression to get this moving upwards. Is 7.6 not good enough for a 1.3L stock engine with stock internals? Well its got me thinking again.
Sportsmind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2011, 15:04   #20
Newbie
 
arunmshenoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Bengalooru
Posts: 19
Thanked: 0 Times
Default Re: My TURBO-Charged Swift Petrol! And a dyno graph too

Hi Sportsmind, Great setup. I have some questions. Can I put a diesel swift turbo into a petrol swift engine? Where can I do this mods? Thank you.
arunmshenoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2011, 17:02   #21
BHPian
 
Sportsmind's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 394
Thanked: 28 Times
Cool Re: My TURBO-Charged Swift Petrol! And a dyno graph too

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunmshenoy View Post
Hi Sportsmind, Great setup. I have some questions. Can I put a diesel swift turbo into a petrol swift engine? Where can I do this mods? Thank you.
I dont think this is possible, when I checked during the initial stages when I planned to go for the Turbo dive.
Sportsmind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2011, 20:50   #22
BHPian
 
swiftboost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 89
Thanked: 43 Times
Default Re: My TURBO-Charged Swift Petrol! And a dyno graph too

Swift diesel turbo maybe just a bit too small for petrol swift (will suit much better for a Maruti 800 or an engine of similar or smaller displacement).
swiftboost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2011, 12:16   #23
Newbie
 
arunmshenoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Bengalooru
Posts: 19
Thanked: 0 Times
Default Re: My TURBO-Charged Swift Petrol! And a dyno graph too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsmind View Post
I dont think this is possible, when I checked during the initial stages when I planned to go for the Turbo dive.
Thank you Sportsmind .
arunmshenoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th February 2011, 00:01   #24
BHPian
 
i<3turbo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Mumbai/Philadel
Posts: 406
Thanked: 228 Times
Default Re: My TURBO-Charged Swift Petrol! And a dyno graph too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsmind View Post
I have been asking this question for sometime. I guess I will have to work on the compression to get this moving upwards. Is 7.6 not good enough for a 1.3L stock engine with stock internals? Well its got me thinking again.
no thats fine and your build is good man sorry i didnt mean that in a negative way, i was just curious.
i<3turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2011, 18:12   #25
BHPian
 
scuderiamania's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 344
Thanked: 59 Times
Default Re: My TURBO-Charged Swift Petrol! And a dyno graph too

@sportsmind-105bhp as in at the wheels?!?!?!. In a swift? As far as I know, my father's stock swift D produces around 55Bhp at the wheels! Ok, you and I need to be friends [and friends gives rides to there buddies all the time, dont they.].
scuderiamania is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2011, 20:43   #26
BHPian
 
Sportsmind's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 394
Thanked: 28 Times
Cool Re: My TURBO-Charged Swift Petrol! And a dyno graph too

Quote:
Originally Posted by scuderiamania View Post
@sportsmind-105bhp as in at the wheels?!?!?!. In a swift? As far as I know, my father's stock swift D produces around 55Bhp at the wheels! Ok, you and I need to be friends [and friends gives rides to there buddies all the time, dont they.].
This is the facts when you do a dyno check at the wheels. What Maruti claims is not the wheels.The head and tail stuff.
No more rides, its only spoolin time now. You welcome anytime for a spin on my drive, with me navigating .
Sportsmind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2011, 20:44   #27
DNM
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 65
Thanked: 0 Times
Default Re: My TURBO-Charged Swift Petrol! And a dyno graph too

your car is truly amazing, Sportsmind!
This is one hell of a tuned up car!
Have fun!
DNM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2011, 01:22   #28
BHPian
 
himavanth_m's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Hyderabad/Pune/Chennai
Posts: 582
Thanked: 266 Times
Default Re: My TURBO-Charged Swift Petrol! And a dyno graph too

That is a great mod. Could you please PM me the costs involved in this project just to get an idea? I have no idea about the mods and the costs involved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftboost View Post
Swift diesel turbo maybe just a bit too small for petrol swift (will suit much better for a Maruti 800 or an engine of similar or smaller displacement).
Does this mean that Diesel turbos are much smaller than the turbos in the petrol engine?

What is the basic difference between the turbos of the petrol and diesel engines?
himavanth_m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2011, 09:28   #29
BHPian
 
rohitm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 140
Thanked: 43 Times
Default Re: My TURBO-Charged Swift Petrol! And a dyno graph too

This is a fantastic set-up you have .

I also have a swift waiting to be modded. But need to start saving for the project. Can you please tell me how much has this set-up cost you so far? Break-up would help. Cheers.
rohitm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2011, 10:47   #30
BHPian
 
Sportsmind's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 394
Thanked: 28 Times
Cool Re: My TURBO-Charged Swift Petrol! And a dyno graph too

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNM View Post
your car is truly amazing, Sportsmind!
This is one hell of a tuned up car!
Have fun!
Thanks buddy. Still lots to come before I say "This is it". The virus is still in me...
Quote:
Originally Posted by himavanth_m View Post
That is a great mod. Could you please PM me the costs involved in this project just to get an idea? I have no idea about the mods and the costs involved.
Does this mean that Diesel turbos are much smaller than the turbos in the petrol engine?
What is the basic difference between the turbos of the petrol and diesel engines?
The swift Diesel turbo's are basic turbo systems. These turbo's are good to put the poor petrol swifty's lie low on the spoolin front. But with a spider box on a diesel swift you can still go head-on with a turbo petrol swifty.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rohitm View Post
This is a fantastic set-up you have .
I also have a swift waiting to be modded. But need to start saving for the project. Can you please tell me how much has this set-up cost you so far? Break-up would help. Cheers.
Thanks buddy. If you are looking at a tuner like Red rooster working on your set up. You should be prepared for a good 2.5 odd lakhs to get the entire set up. You can have this done on stages.
Stage1- wherein you have your headers/FFE and CAI- Prepare for nothin less than-40K on this.
Stage2- Your clutch and turbo with ECU uprgrade- Prepare for nothing less than-1.5 lakhs on this.
Stage3- Your suspensions upgrade- Close to 60K for the basic street stuff.
These costs are for the branded tuner like RRR and the expertise of Mr. Leela and his boys going into your install and upgrade.
You could get this done with other tuners for less than 2 lakhs.

Last edited by Sportsmind : 18th February 2011 at 10:49.
Sportsmind is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
My Honda City Vtec - RRP Dyno report - Graph included fieroid Modifications & Accessories 29 25th October 2012 16:49
Re-Mapped Optra Magnum TCDI. EDIT:Dyno Graph on Pg 4 brraj Modifications & Accessories 196 4th March 2012 09:54
Torque & Power Graph of Indian Cars - Starting with Maruti Suzuki Swift Petrol pjbiju Technical Stuff 32 28th March 2011 10:27
1st ever Dyno Graph of my Turbocharged Hybrid OHC (320+ WHP!) Ford Rocam Modifications & Accessories 316 15th November 2010 19:44
Modded Skoda RS Dyno Graph KS Motorsport Modifications & Accessories 30 21st October 2010 10:59


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 00:26.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks