Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Old 9th January 2006, 10:32   #31
Team-BHP Support

THe IMV act clearly states these facts . The blame should be put on:

1: The retailer who should have made us aware of the regulations and implications (similar to Gov't health warnings) - too much to expect no doubt knowing those guys

2: The police who should have enforced this earlier before people used the film en-masse
ajmat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2006, 10:42   #32
Team-BHP Support

More than 90% of the Bangalore cars have tints and barely 10% of them may pass the light test. I have put fairly lighter tints on both my cars since I wanted to be able to reverse during night without blinding myself. But I don't think my cars will pass the test either.

So what are we doing guys? Are we removing the tints or play the waiting game?
Samurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2006, 10:48   #33
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai
Are we removing the tints or play the waiting game?

the waiting game in my case
ajmat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2006, 11:35   #34
Senior - BHPian

I was planning to tint my car, but I will wait to see how this unfolds before doing it. It now has the factory fitted "tinted" glasses.
deepakhon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2006, 11:54   #35
BHPian

Is anyone aware of any decisions on this as to whether this is now applicable for only commercial vehicles or for all vehicles. I guess removing the films is going to cost a good money plus in some vehicles like the Accent Viva, I was told that the rear glass itself has to be replaced as the original tint exceeds the permitted transparency level.
aravindr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2006, 18:48   #36
BHPian

I guess we need to watch & watch till 15th JAN. Again this will be some issue. I heard that some lady associations are against the removal of tints.

I already see many taxis have removed tinits.

Or else 3M ppl have paid money to get their sun film )
Raps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2006, 18:52   #37
BHPian

its a really dumb and absurd rule... most 3m's dont pass the test and it works out very expensive... removing the tint wont bring down the crime rate for sure.. this is the easiest things the cops can do... fine someone. they are not considering the risk it can bring in.They jsut want to do something for the heck of doing it. anyways some people have taken up protest against this rule due to night travelling and stuff... got to wait till jan 15th for the final verdict.
redrage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2006, 19:26   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r
I'm sorry, but are you a girl? Do you drive home alone late at night, when young hooligans try following you and blocking you, licking their lips, just because they see you? Do you know what it feels like to feel UNSAFE, all because of your gender?

With all due respect, it's easy to sit in Mumbai and philosophise. In Bangalore, our lives will be affected by this, for the worse I suspect. The broader issue is an amalgamation of smaller issues, which affect individual people.

I don't see this sort of rule in Delhi right now, considering all the moving-vehicle rapes are occuring there.

BTW, I get the Bangalore edition of TOI, so my page 5 has the unlovely Messrs Kharge, Singh, and Gowda.

Pardon me for sympathizing with those women. Agreed i donno the scene out there and maybe my replies were judged readin the repeated news about these incidents.. Thats primarily why i was supporting this rule. Mind you I'm not like, this should be started in banglore only.

Anyways since its a different problem altogether for you guys i hope you get around it somehow.

Jus FYI it was another case where a 15 yr old was raped for hours in a car.

TC
ThE_DoN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2006, 20:09   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai

So what are we doing guys? Are we removing the tints or play the waiting game?

I shall wait till the first time I get caught.I guess a 100 bucks is worth taking a chance.I'm too used to my tints,specially on the highways,in the summer & during night times when a whole lot of jokers behind drive with their high beams on..
chandan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2006, 20:26   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r
I'm sorry, but are you a girl? Do you drive home alone late at night, when young hooligans try following you and blocking you, licking their lips, just because they see you? Do you know what it feels like to feel UNSAFE, all because of your gender?

guys,with all due respect,this too is an valid point,have seen it happen to my younger sis,wehre the matter ended when few of us trashed the hell out of them,mind you these were just local chillar guys,but few of them had good backup.

from that day the car which my sis or any of the girls in our group use have slightly reflective/dark tint.

my sis's lancer has front tint too, which i fell is a must for the cars used by girls.

but at the same time the rape thing is an valid point,but i dont think removing the tints is an way to end it.
aadix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2006, 21:22   #41
BHPian

I just made a point that this maybe a reason why they are enfocing this rule !!
ThE_DoN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th January 2006, 00:36   #42
Senior - BHPian

Don, I know what you are trying to say. But this rule is a stupid knee-jerk reaction, and will create more problems than it will solve. Any dude with a bike and a warped mind will try and force a chick to stop, or lech at her...and this is something that affects us here...

Maybe instead of these crappy rules, we should have a more motivated and alert police force. More visible too...and not just for speeding or parking fines...

No offence to you...
v1p3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2006, 01:08   #43
Senior - BHPian

I take it is still ok to have optically clear (virtually transparent) sunfilm and they are only after dark sunfilm/tinted windows
bigman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th January 2006, 12:19   #44
BHPian

The waiting game paid off. On 14th, the media clarified that there shall not be any checking and penalty for cars with sunfilms, at least as of now. So, my sunfilm stays
S Pathak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th January 2006, 15:12   #45
BHPian

The papers also say the same. But the police are also saying that they will convince to public to remove their sunfilms instead of slapping cases on them (from timesofindia). I still have to put sunfilms onto my new car. What should i do? Wait for some more time or take a chance??
dogdiga is offline   Reply With Quote