Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Old 1st March 2011, 14:52   #16
BHPian

Default Re: |\/|@ver!c|< - A True Story

Quote:
Originally Posted by cityvic View Post
Woah it looks fabulous.

Get the Headlights and Tailights smoked or changed into angel eyes and LED lights.
Thanks buddy. Was a long journey to get him to this stage.

The Angel unit which I want for the front is available, but the tails made completely in LED's are not available in India as far as I know. It needs to be shipped from Taiwan/Malaysia/Thailand apparently. So waiting while the fund grows.
Xryder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2011, 22:26   #17
BHPian

Awesome stuff dude. My handle is the same as the name of your ride. It would be good if you mention the damages too as I would like to really know how much did all this cost (tires, alloys, body kit, lights, etc).

Keep up the good work mate.
maverick145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2011, 10:21   #18
Senior - BHPian

@Xryder..Nice looking car there !! Could you please elaborate what you did in place of the stock foglamps. They appear like the OE ones, have you changed the bulbs to higher wattage ?? Can such a small light fitting handle a 90W halogen, I doubt it.

Kindly clarify, is it a new set of lights >

Cheers
Ricky_63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2011, 11:01   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky_63 View Post
@Xryder..Nice looking car there !! Could you please elaborate what you did in place of the stock foglamps. They appear like the OE ones, have you changed the bulbs to higher wattage ?? Can such a small light fitting handle a 90W halogen, I doubt it.

Cheers
He got Volvo headlights in his fogs with Philips 80w90 bulbs. Here's a pic.
Attached Thumbnails
|\/|@ver!c|< - A True Story-imag0050.jpg  

Attached Images

naveen.raju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2011, 13:32   #20
Senior - BHPian

Xryder, great modifications there. Loved the color too. it would be great if you could mention the moolah involved, so as to get an idea. If that seems to be a hassle, could you PM me?
I want to get something of this sorts done on my VDI too.

Once again, great mods done. As already suggested, get the smoked/ Angel head and tail lamps.
Swanand Inamdar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2011, 15:49   #21
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for sharing the pictures Naveen. I did not quite get it - VOLVO headlights in the foglight casing !! That sounds well "different" or are you saying the projectors from a VOLVO headlight assembly that are fitted into the OE space for the foglamps on the Swift. If that be the case, one could fit projectors on the main beam & get far better light dissipation IMHO

Cheers
Ricky_63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2011, 16:13   #22
Senior - BHPian

Guys, i have seen |\/|@ver!c|< at a recent quick meet, and i can assure you that the car looks even better in flesh than in pics!
amitoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2011, 16:41   #23
Distinguished - BHPian

@ricky. These are not projectors, but reflector lights from volvo. Xryder can shed more light on this.
naveen.raju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2011, 18:38   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverick145 View Post
Awesome stuff dude. My handle is the same as the name of your ride. It would be good if you mention the damages too as I would like to really know how much did all this cost (tires, alloys, body kit, lights, etc).

Keep up the good work mate.
Thanks for that mate. Yep maverick he is indeed ! I will send you a PM with the breakup of the cost. I am not sure if I am allowed to put the figures on post.

Quote:
Cheers
Thanks buddy. Lot of effort have gone into it and sad to say it was a trial and error basis. But finally hit it right, thanks to R K Ramesh and Sai Colorium.

As far as the fogs are concerned, it was not my idea in the first place to replace the stock fogs at all. What I had in mind was to purchase a set of Hella Comet lamps and add it to the front bumper. But adding such huge lamps was not giving me the satisfaction I wanted for the final look. So R K Ramesh who was in charge of the mods suggested that I go in for these set of volvo lamp units. According to him, a pair of these T700 reflective units make 1 single headlamp unit for the volvos. These 2 T700units are held inside another casing. So these T700 units can easily hold 80W90 wattage bulbs with no problems whatsoever and easily fit into the custom front bumper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
He got Volvo headlights in his fogs with Philips 80w90 bulbs. Here's a pic.
Thanks Naveen. And yes they are 80W90 wattage Philips bulbs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanand Inamdar View Post
Xryder, great modifications there. Loved the color too. it would be great if you could mention the moolah involved, so as to get an idea. If that seems to be a hassle, could you PM me?
I want to get something of this sorts done on my VDI too.

Once again, great mods done. As already suggested, get the smoked/ Angel head and tail lamps.
Thanks Swanand. Lot of effort involved and learnt alot in the process. Will definitely PM the breakup in detail. And yes smoked Angel head lamps and complete LED tail lamps is on the cards next. Here is a link to a picture of what I have in mind :

Tails - http://crazythegod.com/eBay/catalog/...LED-JH-SKa.jpg

Angel Eyes - http://www.marsperformance.com/attac...T-04-CAH-B.jpg

Both will be mostly sourced from Singapore or Malaysia. It seems to be quite cheaper there.

Quote:
Thanks for sharing the pictures Naveen. I did not quite get it - VOLVO headlights in the foglight casing !! That sounds well "different" or are you saying the projectors from a VOLVO headlight assembly that are fitted into the OE space for the foglamps on the Swift. If that be the case, one could fit projectors on the main beam & get far better light dissipation IMHO
Cheers
Refer to my reply to your initial post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj View Post
Guys, i have seen |\/|@ver!c|< at a recent quick meet, and i can assure you that the car looks even better in flesh than in pics!
Thanks buddy. Your OHC is a beauty too, especially those rims. One word - MUSCLE !

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
@ricky. These are not projectors, but reflector lights from volvo. Xryder can shed more light on this.
Naveen is right. They are reflector setups.
Xryder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2011, 09:09   #25
BHPian

@Xryder - That's a fabulous ride you have got there, love the color. The idea of the fog lamp is great, can you share the costs involved for that. I'm looking for fogs for my figo which has very poor lights, Either the Hello Micro DE or the DE Xenon are the choices I have at the moment. But your idea seems better.
sathee46 is offline   Reply With Quote