Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Old 11th March 2011, 23:38   #16
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Project Sierra Renovation

Nice work Diesel9999..i owned 2 Tata Sierras in last 6 yrs and they are marvel machines..happy motoring.
hillram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th March 2011, 01:40   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saptarshi B View Post
@diesel9999 : Nice work done on your Sierra.

My project Sierra has started a 3 days ago. This is what it looks like currently with the new tyres.

The body work should be done by this weekend and the paintjob starts soon. Will post the wip photos soon
Dear Saptarshi, since you are getting the body work done, try and make these small changes which will enhance the look of the Sierra big time.

Remove the front iron grille and put in the new 207 pickup's front grill.Its quite cheap actually and looks much smarter. The headlights also can be changed to the Tata Estate units. You should get these without trouble. Some minor alteration with the bonnet may be required for this but its worth it.
Diesel9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2011, 10:45   #18
BHPian

Post Re: Project Sierra Renovation

I found two more pics of my Sierra and I am posting them here. The bloke in the pic is me, circa 2006

I hope I catch hold of those interior renovation pics as well cause I retrofitted a roof blower of the Toyota Qualis for the rear passengers.
Attached Images

Old 13th March 2011, 22:27   #19
BHPian

Thanks Diesel for those tips. I will get the front grill from the tata 207. Hope that includes the Tata logo.

For the headlight the bracket needs to be changed as well. So some more welding work will have to be done. So I might stick with the older NA headlights
Saptarshi B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2011, 23:13   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saptarshi B View Post
Thanks Diesel for those tips. I will get the front grill from the tata 207. Hope that includes the Tata logo.

For the headlight the bracket needs to be changed as well. So some more welding work will have to be done. So I might stick with the older NA headlights
The tata logo comes included with that new 207 grill. And yes, the bracket needs to be altered to fit in the estate lights. I guess you can take a call on that before the final painting.

Any plans to get side cladding done? They do an awesome job in Coimbatore. Its slightly expensive, but boy oh boy the change it brings to the Sierra's look is just unbelievable.
Old 14th March 2011, 06:59   #21
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel9999 View Post
I found two more pics of my Sierra and I am posting them here. The bloke in the pic is me, circa 2006.
Looks awesome. The alloys and roof rail are superb. I would suggest removing the stickers on the headlight. what's 2400?
Mpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2011, 10:06   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
Looks awesome. The alloys and roof rail are superb. I would suggest removing the stickers on the headlight. what's 2400?
Thanks for the compliments mpower. The headlight stickers have been removed a few weeks after those pics were taken & 2400 was meant to say 2400 cc . That sticker has been removed as well.

The roof rails are aftermarket fitments available for the Scorpio
Old 14th March 2011, 14:03   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the compliments. Dude that block is one big pain, trust me. I tried and tried to get it right but it just wouldn't hold on no matter what. In the end,i purchased a Sumo's block from an accident vehicle and used it.
Should not be a problem. All the work done so far on his ride has been done at home itself! He has had two TATA Mobiles prior to Sierra and used to himself work on it. So he surely has good amount of insight on getting the job done perfectly!

Will put up the final outcome the head is completed.

Cheers!
ObsessedByFIAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th March 2011, 14:12   #24
BHPian

@Diesel9999 - Can you let me know what rims and tyre sizes you are running on your Sierra?

Regards,
Kaustubh
kaustubh_vaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th March 2011, 16:25   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel9999 View Post
I found two more pics of my Sierra and I am posting them here. The bloke in the pic is me, circa 2006

I hope I catch hold of those interior renovation pics as well cause I retrofitted a roof blower of the Toyota Qualis for the rear passengers.
Nice work there, Diesel9999. Where's the car now? Sold? My dad had a 94' Sierra which was with us till the late 90s. It was a very, very cool car. Had it's share of TATA's infamous niggles. But the comfort level, the kit, the looks was something else back then.

It was with us when I got into the local TATA dealer. Sold it a few months after leaving that job. Don't get to see many well maintained Sierras nowadays. Thanks for the trip down memory lane.

BTW, is it me or did your car have yellow plates in the last two photos?
coloneljasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th March 2011, 18:54   #26
BHPian

Diesel999, I am sure you had a lot of fun restoring the sierra. But i think 2lacs + 30k for a 96 yr old vehicle is little too much. You could have settled for a 05 safari/scorpio almost that price. Its just my opinion. otherwise, restoration is a priceless experience.
blackbeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th March 2011, 19:16   #27
BHPian

Quick Q to all Sierra restorers - How much do those rear window panes in the side cost?

Just imagining hard-topping my Gypsy a few years down the line - I have always loved the Sierra looks.

--Ragul
Ragul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2011, 23:13   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbeast View Post
Diesel999, I am sure you had a lot of fun restoring the sierra. But i think 2lacs + 30k for a 96 yr old vehicle is little too much. You could have settled for a 05 safari/scorpio almost that price. Its just my opinion. otherwise, restoration is a priceless experience.
no scorpio or safari can give the sense of uniqueness that a well maintained sierra gives and i keep getting solid requests for parting with the car at a price where I wont lose money

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragul View Post
Quick Q to all Sierra restorers - How much do those rear window panes in the side cost?

Just imagining hard-topping my Gypsy a few years down the line - I have always loved the Sierra looks.

--Ragul
I have no idea about their exact cost but if you want new ones, they are extremely rare to find. I searched and searched and finally had to settle for stuff from a vehicle about to be scrapped.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaustubh_vaze View Post
@Diesel9999 - Can you let me know what rims and tyre sizes you are running on your Sierra?

Regards,
Kaustubh
dear kaustubh, I used 5.5 J x 15 alloys and 235/75 R15 tyres for the sierra.
Old 22nd March 2011, 16:10   #29
BHPian

diesel9999-great job on the restoration front,congrats,the only minus point was the too loud 80ish and early 90ish style loud stickers and the scoop on top of the hood,but you just mentioned you have taken it of , so has to be great looking. p.s.the checker plate fixed on top part of the rear bumper looks really cool and functional.
desigNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2011, 13:28   #30
BHPian

So finally the head of my brothers Siera has been done up completely. The car is now running fine; however the noise level has increased a bit. Guess even that would go away with time.

The compression now is comparable to a new engine! Suddenly feels like the vehicle has got a new life!!
ObsessedByFIAT is offline   Reply With Quote