Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 5th February 2012, 13:28   #16
BHPian
 
mail2vm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 78
Thanked: 12 Times
Default Re: Sun film - A new kid on the block - Blaupunkt

I got the sunfilm done for my vento too, but i dont feel anything great.
There is no too much of heat inside, not sure on whether its because of the AC (or) the film, but to me its just OK.

The Bangalore distributor is very kind, but the guy who applied it didn't complete the work properly, left many tiny bubbles. The guys told me that it will go after sometime, but it didn't.

Overall, its OK..
mail2vm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th February 2012, 13:50   #17
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Bombay
Posts: 176
Thanked: 98 Times
Default Re: Sun film - A new kid on the block - Blaupunkt

Apart from reducing the heat, a SPF film cuts down UV rays and hence your skin does not burn. To check out the effect, keep one hand directly in the sun and the other hand under the windscreen film.

The impact will be felt within minutes, if not seconds.

Cheers!
lapsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd February 2012, 18:07   #18
BHPian
 
nikhileshgrover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 52
Thanked: 6 Times
Default Re: Sun film - A new kid on the block - Blaupunkt

Quote:
Originally Posted by mail2vm View Post
I got the sunfilm done for my vento too, but i dont feel anything great.
There is no too much of heat inside, not sure on whether its because of the AC (or) the film, but to me its just OK.

The Bangalore distributor is very kind, but the guy who applied it didn't complete the work properly, left many tiny bubbles. The guys told me that it will go after sometime, but it didn't.

Overall, its OK..
Can you let me know the Bangalore distributors contact details?
nikhileshgrover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2012, 20:37   #19
BHPian
 
cruiser_1982's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Chennai
Posts: 313
Thanked: 16 Times
Default Re: Sun film - A new kid on the block - Blaupunkt

Guys, I was offered Blaupunkt G series for 6K at the Maruti dealer, where I took delivery of my Dzire. When I inquired about the Arctic series, I was quoted 9500 for the front windshield alone and another 18K for the sides and back. They informed me that they wont use a mix of Arctic and glacier series and hence I refused their sun films. Why is this "new in market" Blaupunkt series so expensive? Even 3M series CR series seems reasonable in comparison.

Last edited by cruiser_1982 : 27th February 2012 at 20:39.
cruiser_1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2012, 22:07   #20
BHPian
 
nikhileshgrover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 52
Thanked: 6 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruiser_1982
Guys, I was offered Blaupunkt G series for 6K at the Maruti dealer, where I took delivery of my Dzire. When I inquired about the Arctic series, I was quoted 9500 for the front windshield alone and another 18K for the sides and back. They informed me that they wont use a mix of Arctic and glacier series and hence I refused their sun films. Why is this "new in market" Blaupunkt series so expensive? Even 3M series CR series seems reasonable in comparison.
The arctic series is top of the line ceramic based films. Need to check what the other brands are charging for similar films?
nikhileshgrover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2012, 15:19   #21
BHPian
 
jeeva's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 604
Thanked: 527 Times
Default Re: Sun film - A new kid on the block - Blaupunkt

Quote:
Originally Posted by mail2vm View Post
I got the sunfilm done for my vento too, but i dont feel anything great.
There is no too much of heat inside, not sure on whether its because of the AC (or) the film, but to me its just OK.

The Bangalore distributor is very kind, but the guy who applied it didn't complete the work properly, left many tiny bubbles. The guys told me that it will go after sometime, but it didn't.
This is exactly what a friend had to say after he got it done on his Swift, here in Bangalore. The quality of installation was bad.
Guess, its wiser to stick to Blaupunkt headunits/speakers and leave it to 3M/Garware/Llumar for the tints, at least for the time being.

Last edited by jeeva : 28th February 2012 at 15:22.
jeeva is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2012, 22:57   #22
BHPian
 
nikhileshgrover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 52
Thanked: 6 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeeva

This is exactly what a friend had to say after he got it done on his Swift, here in Bangalore. The quality of installation was bad.
Guess, its wiser to stick to Blaupunkt headunits/speakers and leave it to 3M/Garware/Llumar for the tints, at least for the time being.
What I have heard is that bubbles are dependant on the applicator and not on the quality of the film.

Is anyone aware of degradation in quality of GPS reception in the vehicle with use of metal based films?
nikhileshgrover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th February 2012, 12:31   #23
BHPian
 
jeeva's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 604
Thanked: 527 Times
Default Re: Sun film - A new kid on the block - Blaupunkt

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikhileshgrover View Post
What I have heard is that bubbles are dependant on the applicator and not on the quality of the film.
Obviously. But the service too matters. doesn't it? especially when the install was done by the distributor himself?
Also, as of now its pricier than the other proven popular brands. Only time can tell.
jeeva is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2012, 14:00   #24
BHPian
 
Sridhar K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Chennai
Posts: 591
Thanked: 192 Times
Default Re: Sun film - A new kid on the block - Blaupunkt

I justed checked out the specs of Glacier series and compared with equivalent RE of 3M with the dealer. For me RE seems more effective and VFM. The artic series seems to be equivalent of 3M's CR series and CR is a proven and may be marginally cheaper. The cost for Blaupunkt seems slightly on the higher side than 3M
Sridhar K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2016, 16:07   #25
BHPian
 
glenmz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 345
Thanked: 252 Times
Default Re: Sun film - A new kid on the block - Blaupunkt

Guys, do you have Blaupunky sunfilm dealers in Cochin? I might get this done for the rear windshield.
glenmz is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2016, 16:30   #26
Senior - BHPian
 
arnabchak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: MH-04
Posts: 1,319
Thanked: 1,084 Times
Default Re: Sun film - A new kid on the block - Blaupunkt

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenmz View Post
Guys, do you have Blaupunky sunfilm dealers in Cochin? I might get this done for the rear windshield.
Dear Glen

Pls. note that sun films are completely banned in India.

Refer to the below thread for more information.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...-sun-film.html (Legal Alternatives to Sun Film)
arnabchak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2016, 12:05   #27
Senior - BHPian
 
straight6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Bombay
Posts: 2,342
Thanked: 112 Times
Default Re: Sun film - A new kid on the block - Blaupunkt

Car Shringar in thane near vinhags inn sell only Blaupunkt films. Just cheked the brochure there. The 70% vlt from the arctic series was around 24k and the one from the base range was 6k for entire car.
straight6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Sun Protection, without sun film - Options? tsk1979 Technical Stuff 55 17th December 2015 23:24
Sun Film or Security Film? lambuhere1 Modifications & Accessories 18 21st May 2013 11:57
New kid on the block D.V.R Introduce yourself 1 17th July 2006 01:48
New kid on the block shibujp Introduce yourself 25 30th August 2005 14:20
New Kid On The Block coloneljasi Introduce yourself 11 28th February 2005 23:04


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 21:41.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks