arjithin is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2017, 00:59   #1607
BHPian

Default Re: Nice car horn/tone s

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjithin View Post
Love the idea, will try it one day in my car

=====
I saw that video a couple of weeks back on my youtube feed and I loved the idea and the whole DIY skill, but felt that in India the only result of that horn will be to have people reaching for their phone to see if they got a chat message or a text

Last edited by Jaggu : 9th August 2017 at 15:59. Reason: Please avoid Quoting Youtube link for replies. Thanks.
chncar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2017, 15:20   #1608
BHPian

Default Re: Power Horns!

Recently got a new Horn fitted on my Car. Sounds really Good . Setup done with a 2 way switch for OEM horn to be intact. This will be only for special times when some extra loudness is required. Horn is placed below left side Headlight.

I had to run a a few shops in search of a person who could fit it. Most of the accessory shops denied to fit it and asked me to go to car electrical workshops. Some Garages who agreed to do it quoted between 1300 - 1700 INR. Finally found a guy near to my place on Hennur Road ( Bangalore ) he did it neatly and charge was also reasonable + 100 For Switch + and 60 for 4 Meter 1.5mm Wire.

Electricians contact: Maruthi electronics
271, Hennur Bagalur Rd, HRBR Layout, HBR Layout, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560043
GPS = 13.0385612,77.6413421
Attached Thumbnails
Power Horns!-horn-2.jpg  

Power Horns!-20170727_220331.jpg  

M.R.Boruwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2017, 16:14   #1609
BHPian

Default Re: Power Horns!

The horn on my stock Baleno petrol is absolutely pathetic, and remained pathetic even after (with much back and forth) I had them replaced under warranty.

So I decided to go for an aftermarket horn, with the idea of fitting it in parallel to the existing horn, using a relay and a switch on the dashboard to change between the two. That was the setup on my old car. I also talked to a guy in the Maruti service station and he said that that setup would be best as it would not void the warranty.

Now, when I actually went to the accessory shop (Radio Warehouse, a well known installer in Chennai) he was absolutely adamant that the best thing would be to just do a straight swap of the stock horn with the new horns (Hella Chromes) fitting into the same place on the car. He said that the car came with the relay, that the new horns were within the specs of the stock horn, and that adding an additional relay or switch would in fact void the warranty as it would involve splicing of wires, whereas with this option, we literally unplug the lugs from the stock horn and plug them into the new horn and that is it, this being the case with newer cars that have dual horns and only single horn models need a relay.

The setup works well (touchwood) and no issues so far, but I am a bit worried whether it would void the warranty. Any ideas on that?

I have intentionally kept everything on my car stock (which is why I chose that particular model and variant as most of the stuff I wanted came with the car), and have only been forced to replace the horn as the stock horn was absolutely useless.
chncar is offline   Reply With Quote