Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 26th June 2007, 12:00   #166
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: KL 01
Posts: 4,336
Thanked: 2,055 Times
Default

Check out Stebel Trombe (windtone type) for use with bikes. The sound is pleasant and powerful.
Sankar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2007, 16:42   #167
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Noida
Posts: 612
Thanked: 10 Times
Default

i have 3 pairs of roots windtone super in my accent, it's been an year.. they work really well.. enough to make all the aunyy uncles.. scooters and ricks move out of the way!
saintsinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2007, 23:37   #168
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 161
Thanked: 19 Times
Default

After reading many posts even i have replaced the OE horns and brought a Stebel Nautilius and a Hella Red Grill for my swift vxi, now the problem is that it is fitted in such a location that i am not getting the desired output from these horns and i am not able to find any other locations to fit these

Can anybody help me with the best location to fit a Stebel Nautilius and Hella Red Grill horns in a swift??

Has anybody fitted any of these horns in a swift?? If yes can you please post the picture of the same....


Thanks in advance,
Vijay
vijay_k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2007, 23:51   #169
BHPian
 
xinome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: I am lost....
Posts: 339
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

why why all the confusion just gets roots sonic they irritate everyone on the road, and it gets the drivers out of the way.

its shows that you mean business.
xinome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th July 2007, 00:04   #170
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Gujarat 03
Posts: 1,303
Thanked: 10 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijay_k View Post

Can anybody help me with the best location to fit a Stebel Nautilius and Hella Red Grill horns in a swift??

Do you want to fit both stebel and hella ? If yes than why ?
Mugen_Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th July 2007, 00:12   #171
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 161
Thanked: 19 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugen_Power View Post
Do you want to fit both stebel and hella ? If yes than why ?
Yes i wanna fit both because i do a lot of highway driving and those truck and bus wallalas never care for you until you have a real loud horn.
So i will use Stebel Nautilius for highways and a Hella Red Grills for city use because air horns are banned within city limits.

Vijay
vijay_k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th July 2007, 02:22   #172
BHPian
 
irfanmon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Gods own country
Posts: 37
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Roots Megasonic makes me happy. Especially that fine tuned ones which comes on state cars.

Me and Zak fitted one on a Petra. But it doesn't sound same like those state cars. Why? Is it something to do with the car itself?
irfanmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th July 2007, 09:09   #173
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: KL 01
Posts: 4,336
Thanked: 2,055 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijay_k View Post
Yes i wanna fit both because i do a lot of highway driving and those truck and bus wallalas never care for you until you have a real loud horn.
So i will use Stebel Nautilius for highways and a Hella Red Grills for city use because air horns are banned within city limits.

Vijay
JKdas has Stebel Nautilus and Roots Vibrasonic fitted in his Santro. It is fitted in such a way that both can be used separately or when a toggle switch is flicked both comes on simultaneously and scare anyone out of the path.

Btw i had a bad experience with the Hella red grill, my red grills conked out within couple of months after i fitted them. The advantages of the Roots is that you can get it serviced and spares are available for it.
Sankar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th July 2007, 09:17   #174
Senior - BHPian
 
Godfather's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Bangalore / Atlanta
Posts: 1,387
Thanked: 65 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
Btw i had a bad experience with the Hella red grill, my red grills conked out within couple of months after i fitted them.
Thats weird.. I am running the Red grills for almost 8 months now on my Santro and they have not given me a single problem till date.

Also are you sure that you bought the originals?? there are a lot of fakes on the Market.

Godfather
Godfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th July 2007, 12:08   #175
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: KL 01
Posts: 4,336
Thanked: 2,055 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godfather View Post
Thats weird.. I am running the Red grills for almost 8 months now on my Santro and they have not given me a single problem till date.

Also are you sure that you bought the originals?? there are a lot of fakes on the Market.

Godfather
It looked like an original and it sounded like the other red grills i've heard. I bought it from Car Automobiles in JC road. It was a boxed piece. But i dont have any idea how to figure out if it's an original piece or duplicate. I even got the bill.

Maybe i was just unlucky :(
Sankar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th July 2007, 01:17   #176
BHPian
 
ankitahuja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Gurgaon & Delhi
Posts: 881
Thanked: 46 Times
Default

When I got my Red grills fitted, the installer told me that these can be repaired by changing the 'patti' in them. Maybe you should find out about this first.
ankitahuja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th July 2007, 01:23   #177
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Gujarat 03
Posts: 1,303
Thanked: 10 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankitahuja View Post
When I got my Red grills fitted, the installer told me that these can be repaired by changing the 'patti' in them. Maybe you should find out about this first.
As far as i know it is not repairable horn. I am fan of hella red grill and i had installed 4-5 sets in Qualis which i had and right now 3-4 sets are lying with me.
Mugen_Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th July 2007, 01:25   #178
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Gujarat 03
Posts: 1,303
Thanked: 10 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
It looked like an original and it sounded like the other red grills i've heard. I bought it from Car Automobiles in JC road. It was a boxed piece. But i dont have any idea how to figure out if it's an original piece or duplicate. I even got the bill.

Maybe i was just unlucky :(
You definately got duplicate horns, and even duplicate horn comes in box pack with relays and wiring diagram.
Mugen_Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th July 2007, 01:28   #179
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Gujarat 03
Posts: 1,303
Thanked: 10 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijay_k View Post
Yes i wanna fit both because i do a lot of highway driving and those truck and bus wallalas never care for you until you have a real loud horn.
So i will use Stebel Nautilius for highways and a Hella Red Grills for city use because air horns are banned within city limits.

There are lots of duplicates hella red grills avilable so i suggest you not to get hella red grill.

Just get an stebel for highway and for city use company fitted horn or you can use Nautilius for both highway and city.
Mugen_Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th July 2007, 01:33   #180
Senior - BHPian
 
iraghava's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Bhaiyyaland
Posts: 8,022
Thanked: 143 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugen_Power View Post
As far as i know it is not repairable horn. I am fan of hella red grill and i had installed 4-5 sets in Qualis which i had and right now 3-4 sets are lying with me.
Huh......???? You needed 4-5 sets in one car? What kind of traffic you need to move boss? Is everyone deaf there???
iraghava is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The Best & Safe location for Power Horns mithun Modifications & Accessories 4 30th July 2013 10:40
Yippie - reverse horns = illegal normally_crazy Shifting gears 68 9th May 2011 13:45
Steble Nautilus Horns sounds great! willy Modifications & Accessories 20 10th August 2006 13:03
Will the Air Horns last as longer as Electric Horns ? mithun Modifications & Accessories 4 15th June 2006 11:05
Stebel Nautilus air horns John Technical Stuff 3 11th April 2006 13:37


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 23:43.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks