Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12th July 2007, 11:00   #196
Team-BHP Support
 
Jaggu's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 17,644
Thanked: 7,178 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijay_k View Post

By the way do you know any good garage in bangalore where i can get this job done?? Because i know only MASS in bangalore and i am sure they wont do it.


Vijay
Vijay PM Mclaren he can guide you to a good garage, and yes with a lil bit of work you can fit the hellas properly
Jaggu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2007, 15:10   #197
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 162
Thanked: 19 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Vijay PM Mclaren he can guide you to a good garage, and yes with a lil bit of work you can fit the hellas properly
Thanks you Jaggu bhai will PM Mclaren immediately.

Vijay
vijay_k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2007, 20:15   #198
BHPian
 
hemi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Mysore
Posts: 62
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

found some intresting stuff
HornBlasters Air Horn Products Catalog! Find The Perfect Train Air Horn For Your Car Or Truck!
these guys sell train horns for cars!
hemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2007, 10:41   #199
Team-BHP Support
 
mobike008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 10,617
Thanked: 7,726 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugen_Power View Post
Yes it is better to get Roots than duplicate horns.

Roots Vibrasonic will cost you around 700 and Roots megasonic will cost you around 1200.
Whats the difference between vibrasonic and megasonic?
mobike008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2007, 00:34   #200
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Gujarat 03
Posts: 1,302
Thanked: 10 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Whats the difference between vibrasonic and megasonic?
Megasonic are bigger,louder and costly than Vibrasonic.
Mugen_Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2007, 10:57   #201
Team-BHP Support
 
mobike008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 10,617
Thanked: 7,726 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugen_Power View Post
Megasonic are bigger,louder and costly than Vibrasonic.
Ok thanks, thought must be something special like a dual sound capability or something
mobike008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th July 2007, 00:05   #202
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Gujarat 03
Posts: 1,302
Thanked: 10 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Ok thanks, thought must be something special like a dual sound capability or something
You cant expect from Roots..
Roots and durable, repairable and reliable cheap horns.

Last edited by Mugen_Power : 15th July 2007 at 00:07.
Mugen_Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th July 2007, 11:03   #203
Team-BHP Support
 
Jaggu's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 17,644
Thanked: 7,178 Times
Default

Stieble nautilus, while it sounds good dont last too much of abuse. The clip that holds the trumpet to the pump came loose and finally broke, so now i am left with a working pump but leaking trumpet. :(
Jaggu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2007, 11:57   #204
BHPian
 
firingonallfour's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 44
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijay_k View Post
Thanks for the suggestion dude but the problem is that there is no that much space to turn the Hella facing outwards.
Swift engine bay is too compact there is absolutely no space anywhere so it is very complicated to fit these kind of accessories.
Vijay

I bought Stebel Magnum off eBay.in and installed them in my swift. Its difficult to fit both the units in the place where the stock horn is fitted. The access to the horn is via the mud flap / guard ( i.e just in front of the underbody of the front wheel). Since both did not fit in the same place I installed one in the stock location and ran a wire to the same location but near the other front wheel. A place to fix a nut and bolt is present.

Mind you The passenger side fog lamp has a grill for the horn but the driver side does not . I have installed both facing forward and don't feel that one sounds louder than the other. Stebel mannums are definately better than stock, but I have heard some louder ones.
firingonallfour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2007, 13:25   #205
Team-BHP Support
 
mobike008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 10,617
Thanked: 7,726 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by firingonallfour View Post
I bought Stebel Magnum off eBay.in and installed them in my swift. Its difficult to fit both the units in the place where the stock horn is fitted. The access to the horn is via the mud flap / guard ( i.e just in front of the underbody of the front wheel). Since both did not fit in the same place I installed one in the stock location and ran a wire to the same location but near the other front wheel. A place to fix a nut and bolt is present.

Mind you The passenger side fog lamp has a grill for the horn but the driver side does not . I have installed both facing forward and don't feel that one sounds louder than the other. Stebel mannums are definately better than stock, but I have heard some louder ones.
how much you got it for on ebay? Was the delivery fast?
mobike008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2007, 15:02   #206
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 162
Thanked: 19 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by firingonallfour View Post
I bought Stebel Magnum off eBay.in and installed them in my swift. Its difficult to fit both the units in the place where the stock horn is fitted. The access to the horn is via the mud flap / guard ( i.e just in front of the underbody of the front wheel). Since both did not fit in the same place I installed one in the stock location and ran a wire to the same location but near the other front wheel. A place to fix a nut and bolt is present.

Mind you The passenger side fog lamp has a grill for the horn but the driver side does not . I have installed both facing forward and don't feel that one sounds louder than the other. Stebel mannums are definately better than stock, but I have heard some louder ones.

Swift engine bay is too much cramped to fit these additional horns even i have the same problem and i have stebel nautilus which is bigger than Magnums which make things worse.
I will be going to a different mechanic who is suggested by one of the members here to change the location of the horns, let me see how it will sound after changing the location.

Anyhow can you please post a pic of the place where you have installed the horn?? It would make things a lot more clear..

Thanks in advance,
Vijay

Last edited by vijay_k : 17th July 2007 at 15:03.
vijay_k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2007, 20:00   #207
BHPian
 
firingonallfour's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 44
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
how much you got it for on ebay? Was the delivery fast?
I got it for Rs 630 Shipped. I think I might have paid about Rs 150 more for not moving my behind to an actual shop in the market. The seller was from around mumbai and hence I got it within 24 hours. Out of Mumbai locations might take 48 hrs I believe.
firingonallfour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th July 2007, 22:15   #208
BHPian
 
firingonallfour's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 44
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijay_k View Post

Anyhow can you please post a pic of the place where you have installed the horn?? It would make things a lot more clear..

Thanks in advance,
Vijay
Vijay,
the stuff that I am pulling out with my finger comes off when you remove those plastic screws. The first horn goes there. The second horn goes on the other side same place. You need not remove the plastic thingy on the other side since you can reach the location from under the bumper. Its possible to do the operation without removing the bumper. Install time about 15 mins.

I am posting pictures for the first time so guys jump in and tell me if this is right

[img=http://img518.imageshack.us/img518/8385/hornsis4.th.jpg]

[img=http://img518.imageshack.us/img518/3441/grillfu0.th.jpg]
firingonallfour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th July 2007, 23:15   #209
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 162
Thanked: 19 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by firingonallfour View Post
Vijay,
the stuff that I am pulling out with my finger comes off when you remove those plastic screws. The first horn goes there. The second horn goes on the other side same place. You need not remove the plastic thingy on the other side since you can reach the location from under the bumper. Its possible to do the operation without removing the bumper. Install time about 15 mins.

I am posting pictures for the first time so guys jump in and tell me if this is right

[img=http://img518.imageshack.us/img518/8385/hornsis4.th.jpg]

[img=http://img518.imageshack.us/img518/3441/grillfu0.th.jpg]
Thanks a ton man, really appreciate your efforts in helping me find the exact location and making things more clear.
Will go to a good mechanic and get it done as soon as possible.

And you have posted the pics in the correct way not to worry..


Vijay

Last edited by vijay_k : 18th July 2007 at 23:16.
vijay_k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2007, 12:25   #210
Senior - BHPian
 
rahul_intlad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Pune
Posts: 1,577
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

This is an interesting bit of information I came up with,Almost everybody nowadays is going for trumpet horns but are we looking at what we want before going in for a horn.

The trumpet horns are good for spreading the sound whereas the disc type ones are more concentrated and travel a greater distance[good especially for highways].

Wiki Upload - Free File Hosting. Video, mp3, image host.
rahul_intlad is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The Best & Safe location for Power Horns mithun Modifications & Accessories 4 30th July 2013 10:40
Yippie - reverse horns = illegal normally_crazy Shifting gears 68 9th May 2011 13:45
Steble Nautilus Horns sounds great! willy Modifications & Accessories 20 10th August 2006 13:03
Will the Air Horns last as longer as Electric Horns ? mithun Modifications & Accessories 4 15th June 2006 11:05
Stebel Nautilus air horns John Technical Stuff 3 11th April 2006 13:37


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 03:51.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks