Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Old 16th October 2007, 00:54   #271
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by toretto View Post
I bought Stebel Magnum horns from JC Road alongwith relay this Saturday for 900 bucks. But the relay makes a "clicking sound" when horn is used. I got to know that this is because I have amplifier in car for ICE which causes the "clicking" and a solid state electronic relay instead of normal relay should solve this issue.

Has anyone used this solid state electronic relay in car? How much does it cost and where is it available?

Please help.
hey..dude...i have installed roots horn in my swift zxi...even i get a clicking sound when i press the steering wheel.
sanchits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th October 2007, 01:00   #272
Team-BHP Support

me got Bosch windtones fitted, yup inside the bonnet itself of the swift d, got fed up with "nahi fit hoga saabs" and went and convinced the guys that it will !!

out goes jinxed stiebel nautilus and hello skodaaaaaaaaaaa pa pa'mssssssss

cost Rs 500 including fitments, which i again re installed on my own for optimum positioning
Jaggu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th October 2007, 18:59   #273
BHPian

Is there any other way installing a horn without getting the bumper out ? Shopkeeper said they h've to remove the car bumper to fit the horn but i'm not in a favour of removing bumper .
unknown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th October 2007, 21:01   #274
BHPian

Quote:
I bought Stebel Magnum horns from JC Road alongwith relay this Saturday for 900 bucks. But the relay makes a "clicking sound" when horn is used. I got to know that this is because I have amplifier in car for ICE which causes the "clicking" and a solid state electronic relay instead of normal relay should solve this issue.

Has anyone used this solid state electronic relay in car? How much does it cost and where is it available?

Please help.
I have roots installed in my Aveo and have the same problem. I got used to it and doesnt seem to be a problem now.

Nirmal
nirmalts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th October 2007, 22:14   #275
BANNED

has anyone installed power horn in the civic. does it void the warranty and where is it fixed and how. are there any issues faced after installing it. i hope no clicking sound is heard from the steering wheel after presseing it. i want to change the horns as they are very low and don't help much in delhi traffic.
sanchits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st October 2007, 18:10   #276
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adit1329 View Post
Air Horns are really bad for air pollution. And as responsible citizens and TBHP members we should set an example by not doing so.
BTW air horns are banned and you might be fined if caught using.
i agree with you but they are a necessity in rural areas and on the highways, there are stubbon idiots who dont give way both vehicles and people, no matter the loud ness of the horn, so at my native place i had to resort to the rpm formuls as call it, i ride my cousin's pulsar there, and rev it hard to get the people out of the place, they are stubbon though not illitrates their attitude in smaller towns to the road is bad and sadly i must say this is only way of moving them!
rider60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st October 2007, 18:12   #277
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanchits View Post
has anyone installed power horn in the civic. does it void the warranty and where is it fixed and how. are there any issues faced after installing it. i hope no clicking sound is heard from the steering wheel after presseing it. i want to change the horns as they are very low and don't help much in delhi traffic.
i had the same problem, of steerig ticking noise when honked, the only solution is getting a suitable cut out and proper guage wires for the horns and the noise is gone!
remember the wiring has to be done by a guy who know what he is doing,and not fix it the traditional way he fixes the horns!

Last edited by rider60 : 31st October 2007 at 18:15.
Old 31st October 2007, 18:18   #278
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Please help.
well i have the roots horns that sound like skoda's, i have a melody that works as a Cutout too, actually got this melody because its cutout matched the horn's specs and the ticking noise was gone, the melody was some local brand cost:200 and the roots horns were 900 a set, i dont use the melody but fixed it for the cutout's sake!

will post the pics soon!
Old 31st October 2007, 18:26   #279
BHPian

I am considering one of two horns

Either this (Twin Tone Nautilus) or this ( Italian Stebel Magnum) one. Can these be fitted in the stock locations in the Wagon R? Or I need to open up things? Any special wiring?

Last edited by johy : 31st October 2007 at 18:27.
johy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st November 2007, 08:33   #280
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
iKON has a clamp location near the left hand side member, check from below, there is a nice clamping point where 2 horns can fit in with minimal exposure to water n all. behind the grill is a difficult task
BUMP! Hey Jaggu! I need some proper explanation here. I want to fit a new horn to my Ikon and also find a good place to fix it where the sound will not get bounced inside like the OE place.

I just need help for a good location of the horn. I was hoping behind the grille would be possible.

Thanks
cya
A
Absar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st November 2007, 10:03   #281
BHPian

Quote:

Please help.
Hi!
where on JC road did you get the Stebel Magnum horn? Where did you get it fixed? Plan to use it in my octy rider.
Prithvi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st November 2007, 13:10   #282
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rider60 View Post
well i have the roots horns that sound like skoda's, i have a melody that works as a Cutout too, actually got this melody because its cutout matched the horn's specs and the ticking noise was gone, the melody was some local brand cost:200 and the roots horns were 900 a set, i dont use the melody but fixed it for the cutout's sake!

will post the pics soon!
I am sorry but i dont know how a melody maker works? Can it be fitted instead of relay or along with relay?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prithvi View Post
Hi!
where on JC road did you get the Stebel Magnum horn? Where did you get it fixed? Plan to use it in my octy rider.
I bought my Stebel Magnums from Car Shringar in JC Road. I tried in other shops for a better price but it was not available anywhere else.
toretto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st November 2007, 23:43   #283
Senior - BHPian

give me some time toretto i my car is with my cousin, as soon as i get time will post you the pics, yes the melody maker works like the relay/cutout!
Old 2nd November 2007, 00:37   #284
Senior - BHPian

here are the pics of the cutout/melody maker(with the cutout/relay built inside by default)

my horns are the ROOTS WINDTONE HORNS! checkout the pics(cost 900 for a pair bought 2years back!)

and that clicking noise is almost no more! hope this helps!

cheers RIDER60.

Last edited by rider60 : 2nd November 2007 at 00:38.
Old 2nd November 2007, 04:49   #285
Senior - BHPian

previously had the clicking noise because i was using some 40 bucks cutout/relay later i learned this was only good enough formy unicorn that has currently has a stock and a single pulsar's horn(the low tone) with this cutout/relay.

the thing is the guy who fixed the melody did not know that it already comes with a relay/cutout so he engaged the melody and the 40 buck cutout and this lead the clicking/ticking noise and sonetimes the horns went silent! and later rectified from another car decors guy,and now its running fine!

will soon post the pics of that 40 bucks cutout too!