Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Old 29th March 2008, 23:22   #331
Senior - BHPian

Location: Karamattom, Aluva, Kotagiri, Yercaud, Hospet, Indore, Nashik, Pune (now)
Default Cost of FIAMM (windtone) horns?

Aren't FIAMM horns manufactured by NK MINDA GROUP now?

Today a Maruti Dealer in Pune (Wonder Cars) offered me a pair of FIAMM horns (made in India) that sounded like the windtone horns of Optra and Skoda etc. for Rs. 1150 including fitment charges. Does anyone has any idea about the prices of these. One of the car accessory shops had shown me a pair of Roots windtones for somewhere close to Rs. 580 (not including the fitment charges). Which of these would be a better choice?
pjbiju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2008, 07:28   #332
Senior - BHPian

Guys, Stebel has come up with a compact Nautilus Truck horn which sounds just like a semi and has the typical 'bassy' truck horn sound.

Does anyone know if it is available in India?
itwasntme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2008, 10:32   #333
Senior - BHPian

are you talking about this stebel nautilus horns? the compact series 139 db. i have fitted one and it is amazing.
Attached Images

amit_mechengg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2008, 10:48   #334
Distinguished - BHPian

Can somebody post a sound clip of the stebel horn??
JayD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2008, 10:48   #335
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjbiju View Post
One of the car accessory shops had shown me a pair of Roots windtones for somewhere close to Rs. 580 (not including the fitment charges). Which of these would be a better choice?
The roots windtone costs 400RS here.
Old 15th April 2008, 11:01   #336
Senior - BHPian

Hi Amit,

No, they have brought out a Nautilus TRUCK horn which is 136dba but is much lower down the sound scale and is rated at 300khz instead of the typical 500khz of the ordinary Nautiluses.

Check out the product and the sound it makes in the new products section at STEBEL S.p.a. .Sounds just like a huge truck horn to me!

JayD: Check our STEBEL S.p.a. and try out all the sounds clips in the Electropneumatics and Electromagnetic sections. You will not be disappointed :-)
Old 15th April 2008, 11:15   #337
Senior - BHPian

ya i think these are better than the old ones. and i think 136db is legal too. someone has to confirm though.
but i doubt whether they have come to indian markets though, because these seem to be the latest launches in this month itself. i am quite impressed with the build quality and the sound of nautilus. mainly there arent much duplicates like the hellas and bosch.
Old 15th April 2008, 11:23   #338
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Hi Amit,

No, they have brought out a Nautilus TRUCK horn which is 136dba but is much lower down the sound scale and is rated at 300khz instead of the typical 500khz of the ordinary Nautiluses.

Check out the product and the sound it makes in the new products section at STEBEL S.p.a. .Sounds just like a huge truck horn to me!

JayD: Check our STEBEL S.p.a. and try out all the sounds clips in the Electropneumatics and Electromagnetic sections. You will not be disappointed :-)
Buddy, can these horns be installed in a Tavera? Do you have any idea?

I am looking out for a good horn for my Chevy. But there is simply not enough space inside my bonnet for a horn to be fitted!!! What to do now???
Chevy_lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2008, 11:34   #339
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevy_lover View Post
Buddy, can these horns be installed in a Tavera? Do you have any idea?

I am looking out for a good horn for my Chevy. But there is simply not enough space inside my bonnet for a horn to be fitted!!! What to do now???
these horns are very compact and can be put in a very small place. they have to be mounted in such a way that they face downwards. i have fitted them very rear to the radiator just above the ac compressor. the fitter puts some plates or does some fabrication for fitting them. u can go to nanapeth in pune. anyone will fit for you.
Old 15th April 2008, 12:22   #340
Senior - BHPian

Amit,

These are AIR horns and are definitely illegal within cities.

Further, I think Indian MV Rules allow only till 110db but am not sure of this. Anyone wanting 136db without any obvious trouble from the cops can buy the Stebel Magnum TM/2 electromagnetic horns. In fact there's a Ebay India seller selling these Stebel Magnums and Nautiluses (not the new Truck one) and seems to be pretty reliable going by the feedback ratings. Just search for Stebel on Ebay.in

Chevy_lover: As Amit has mentioned, your electrician may have to fashion a strong bracket anyway so these can probably be fitted any where you want.

Last edited by itwasntme : 15th April 2008 at 12:27. Reason: Typo
Old 15th April 2008, 12:32   #341
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_mechengg View Post
these horns are very compact and can be put in a very small place. they have to be mounted in such a way that they face downwards. i have fitted them very rear to the radiator just above the ac compressor. the fitter puts some plates or does some fabrication for fitting them. u can go to nanapeth in pune. anyone will fit for you.
Thanks Amit. That was really helpful. I will try it. Did you install cutouts and seperate switches?
Chevy_lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2008, 22:57   #342
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Amit,

These are AIR horns and are definitely illegal within cities.

Further, I think Indian MV Rules allow only till 110db but am not sure of this. Anyone wanting 136db without any obvious trouble from the cops can buy the Stebel Magnum TM/2 electromagnetic horns. In fact there's a Ebay India seller selling these Stebel Magnums and Nautiluses (not the new Truck one) and seems to be pretty reliable going by the feedback ratings. Just search for Stebel on Ebay.in

Chevy_lover: As Amit has mentioned, your electrician may have to fashion a strong bracket anyway so these can probably be fitted any where you want.
i wasnt sure. i had read on the forum itself that 136 db was legal. might be you are right. but i dont recommend to buy it from ebay. better go to some good shop and buy it from him after testing on their test rig and then getting it fitted from a gud installer at his shop itself.

@ chevy_lover : u will get a cutout relay in the box with the horns. but dont install them. buy a good quality relay cutout.
Old 17th April 2008, 14:50   #343
BHPian

If we compare loudness of Hella and Stebel Nautilus Brio which one is more louder? I have Hella installed in my car and one magnasound pair, so i can make that out how loud Stebel Nautilus Brio can be? I think i need to install one good alternative horn for my Elantra for Highways, and that too the loudest.
Gangsta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2008, 22:03   #344
Distinguished - BHPian

Hey, can anyone tell me where in Cochin can i find The Stebel Natalius Compact horns?? I tried almost all the accessories shops, but no luck. :(
Old 24th April 2008, 22:46   #345
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD View Post
Hey, can anyone tell me where in Cochin can i find The Stebel Natalius Compact horns?? I tried almost all the accessories shops, but no luck. :(
I should not comment as i have almost lost touch with my place, but still around 2 years back, when i was searching a horn for my bike, this shop in palarivattom(small one-opposite to Reliance web world/capri/fedbank atm) had shown me the nautilus.But the persistent crackdowns by police(in those days-dont know how's the situation now!) made sure that I had to settle for Roots windtone horn.I remember having seen it at another shop at mamangalam at around the same time.
I guess it was next to one paint (machine tool) shop. Cannot place it exactly now!

Last edited by aravindwarrier : 24th April 2008 at 22:50.
aravindwarrier is offline   Reply With Quote