Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Old 27th January 2009, 11:03   #511
BHPian

Quote:
Finally my DIY horn installation got done to my satisfaction
Congratulations ! Must have been a good learning experience.

Regards,
Adheesh Parelkar
adheesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2009, 12:21   #512
BHPian

Default I want the horn from the movie Dukes of Hazzard

I saw this movie "Dukes of Hazzard". I liked the horn of the car.

Is that Horn available in India and can it be fitted into a Swift Diesel?
What might be the price?

Note from Team-BHP Support: Thread MERGED. Please use the search feature before creating a new thread on a topic that might already exist. Please continue your discussion in an existing thread. This will keep all the relevant information in one place and make it easier for readers in the future.

Last edited by Jaggu : 16th February 2009 at 13:04. Reason: search please
RacerByHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2009, 11:15   #513
BHPian

Once again...

I did a short weekend trip to Jaipur on 14th Feb. Have Hella Red Grills and Stebel Nautilus with a 2 way switch.

I can tell you one thing for sure, the Stebel KICKS A** when it comes to some serious highway honking. I mean, the truckers and others did not budge in front, even for a second. Vehicles coming on to my side immediately stopped and changed course. Never felt more confident with any other horn. Very LOUD and audible from a great distance.

P.S. The famous "Hella Red Grills" sounded so soft after reaching the city
ankitahuja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2009, 13:18   #514
Senior - BHPian

Do you have a single Nautilus or dual?

I just fitted mine and it's great. One small little tap on the horn pad and they give way immediately
ImmortalZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2009, 19:42   #515
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalZ View Post
Do you have a single Nautilus or dual?

I just fitted mine and it's great. One small little tap on the horn pad and they give way immediately
Single ji single.. Way too tempted to put up another one!
Did you install both? Must be killer!
ankitahuja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2009, 20:59   #516
Senior - BHPian

Nah, only one. It's bloody loud by itself. To top it off, my dealer installed it facing forwards instead of the recommended down firing position.

If I feel the need to move to... say Bangalore, I'll fix the second
Old 17th February 2009, 21:43   #517
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Nah, only one. It's bloody loud by itself. To top it off, my dealer installed it facing forwards instead of the recommended down firing position.

If I feel the need to move to... say Bangalore, I'll fix the second
Never thought of replacing my horns till now. Immortalz Sir, I heard the audio sample on the Stebel site and I think I want one (set of 2) I will make my TCA sound bigger and meaner than it actually is.

Can someone tell me where I can get one of these fundu horns in Pune and what do they cost?

Rgds,

Last edited by R2D2 : 17th February 2009 at 21:45.
R2D2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2009, 23:40   #518
Senior - BHPian

Is it illegal for a motorcycle to have FIAMM horns?! Cop told me its pressure horn and was ready to fine me.
Gordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2009, 00:33   #519
Senior - BHPian

I'm planning to upgrade the stock horns of my Swift. Looking for the Octavia type sound. Is it the Roots Windtone or the Stebel Nautilus ?
Fountainheader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2009, 00:44   #520
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon View Post
Is it illegal for a motorcycle to have FIAMM horns?! Cop told me its pressure horn and was ready to fine me.
What type of horn is it?
Pressure horns are illegal,but windtone one's are not and usually cops dont know anything about horns(although pressure horns can be recognised easily).
akshay4587 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2009, 00:49   #521
Senior - BHPian

Default Problem with Roots Windtone horn

Dear Horn Gurus,

I am having a peculiar problem with my Roots Windtone horn in my 800. This horn is fitted in engine bay with relay from roots only. When engine is cold or when starting, at that time horn simply sounds its original tone. But after driving few kilometers, when engine get heated to the extent, horn starts sounding erratic (In Hindi we say: Phate baans ke jaisa English: Like torned bamboo). What could be the reason?

1. Fitting Windtone or any horn in engine bay is not good idea?
2. Sound changes due to heat of engine?
anujmishra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2009, 01:51   #522
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by R2D2 View Post
Never thought of replacing my horns till now. Immortalz Sir, I heard the audio sample on the Stebel site and I think I want one (set of 2) I will make my TCA sound bigger and meaner than it actually is.

Can someone tell me where I can get one of these fundu horns in Pune and what do they cost?

Rgds,
Don't know about Pune. I got them from ankitahuja.

Quote:
Cops just look for the particular shape and sound. Pneumatic horns are fine. Air horns are banned. But they don't make that distinction. Over here, they go as far as to physically smash the horn right in front of you if they feel like it. A friend of mine had Windtones in his bike and a cop stopped him and just kicked it into pieces straight off the bike.

Of course, the poor copper had a the time of his life cuz my friend has a humongous amounts of hold in Police circles, but a smashed horn is a smashed horn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anujmishra View Post
Dear Horn Gurus,

I am having a peculiar problem with my Roots Windtone horn in my 800. This horn is fitted in engine bay with relay from roots only. When engine is cold or when starting, at that time horn simply sounds its original tone. But after driving few kilometers, when engine get heated to the extent, horn starts sounding erratic (In Hindi we say: Phate baans ke jaisa English: Like torned bamboo). What could be the reason?

1. Fitting Windtone or any horn in engine bay is not good idea?
2. Sound changes due to heat of engine?
Fitting it in the engine bay exposed to engine heat is a bad idea.
Old 21st February 2009, 02:01   #523
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fountainheader View Post
I'm planning to upgrade the stock horns of my Swift. Looking for the Octavia type sound. Is it the Roots Windtone or the Stebel Nautilus ?
FH that is roots windtone only. should cost you rs.500.

Quote:
Fitting it in the engine bay exposed to engine heat is a bad idea.
i had placed the horns next to the headlamp assembly in my indigo. nothing happened in the 2 and a half years that i had that car.
i believe there is something working with this horn anujmishra. get it checked from where you got it installed. should get a replacement under warranty if you know the shop keeper well. i dont think heat from the engine can do that to the horn. and then there is plenty of space in the engine bay of 800 to keep the temperature going exceptionally high.

Last edited by white_vdi : 21st February 2009 at 02:05.
white_vdi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2009, 12:00   #524
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fountainheader View Post
Its the Roots Windtone or the Bosch/Mico Symphony horn.
Shakensoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2009, 12:12   #525
BHPian

Quote:
Which one of the FIAMM one you have? Is it the 3 pipe set, The regular disc horns (TR-99) manufactured and sold by MINDA as(K95)are electromagnetic type horns. I have one in my car. You can refer to the FIAMM catalogue here FIAMM Group - Home page

Also a piece of advise required from gurus, I have a set of FIAMM TR99 (windtone type) elctromagnetic horn running in the stock setup of my Chevy Spark. The car has a horn relay and a 10A fuse for the horns. Do I need a seperate relay? The horns didn't come with the relay if I recall correctly, or the shop might have skipped it.
sudipt123 is offline   Reply With Quote