Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Old 8th May 2009, 13:25   #646
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankitahuja View Post
This clip WILL break if you try to open the horn, Wolffe. I've seen mine and plenty!

It's made in such a way so that probably no one can open the horn without breaking it.
Thats true-am happy that my horn is back to form at 139db.
Wolffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th May 2009, 14:22   #647
BHPian

Hey these stebel horns are a good idea, I like them for rally use. I've been off rallying the WRX and almost hit deer. I could have used a good horn like this over OEM and maybe scare them away. Thanks for sharing!
skoloseven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2009, 12:46   #648
BHPian

I had shifted to steblus natalus from roots to get through the crazy traffic. the horn was wired with the same at the old horn. The sound is great, but i have been observing that it is loosing power when i press the horn at a stretch and also the head lamps loose power. Can someone put light on this issue. What could be the problem. I am ruuning on brand new amrongreen battery. Is it an issue with the relay. advice...
Sportsmind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2009, 12:53   #649
BHPian

sportsmind, what wires have you used to wire the horn? Use atleast 4 mm sq wires.
live2drive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2009, 13:28   #650
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by live2drive View Post
sportsmind, what wires have you used to wire the horn? Use atleast 4 mm sq wires.
I will have this checked over the week end...
Old 23rd June 2009, 14:07   #651
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsmind View Post
I had shifted to steblus natalus from roots to get through the crazy traffic. the horn was wired with the same at the old horn. The sound is great, but i have been observing that it is loosing power when i press the horn at a stretch and also the head lamps loose power. Can someone put light on this issue. What could be the problem. I am ruuning on brand new amrongreen battery. Is it an issue with the relay. advice...
Vinod, since you have wired the horn with the OE wiring, it is advisable to switch to minimum (Finolex) 4mm wiring as L2D as suggested.

Also, even though you're running a new battery, with the amount of lights you have on your car, the battery will be stressed

Get your electronics evaluated for the battery that you're using. And you CAN switch the relay if required, but the bundled one is sufficient otherwise!

Last edited by ankitahuja : 23rd June 2009 at 14:08.
ankitahuja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2009, 17:31   #652
BHPian

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankitahuja View Post
Vinod, since you have wired the horn with the OE wiring, it is advisable to switch to minimum (Finolex) 4mm wiring as L2D as suggested.

Also, even though you're running a new battery, with the amount of lights you have on your car, the battery will be stressed

Get your electronics evaluated for the battery that you're using. And you CAN switch the relay if required, but the bundled one is sufficient otherwise!
Thanks ankit, i shall re check the wiring as you have suggested. I am sure the battery does get stressed due to the add ons, but most of the lights are leds, which consumes very less power...but yes last week i had my ICE upgraded with hertz amp and polk sub..now that could be stress as you indicated..
Old 24th June 2009, 14:21   #653
BHPian

It's a super horn. Just had it installed last week!
ralstonraz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2009, 18:33   #654
Senior - BHPian

I fitted a roots vibrosonic and I find it realllly loud and annoying .. and since its fitted in the front bumper its actually even louder than my stebel nautilus. Has anyone else found this so ?

Could actually do with some recommendations for something a bit more friendly
bottle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2009, 19:01   #655
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bottle View Post
I fitted a roots vibrosonic and I find it realllly loud and annoying .. and since its fitted in the front bumper its actually even louder than my stebel nautilus. Has anyone else found this so ?

I have installed the Bosch Symphony (sakoda type) and its quite decent.
Shakensoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2009, 19:23   #656
BHPian

Quote:

The easiest way will be to tune both to produce less sound, especially, the low frequency one. Myself too planning to do the same to the Vibrasonic.

Last edited by janitha : 28th June 2009 at 19:24.
janitha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2009, 19:40   #657
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakensoul View Post
I have installed the Bosch Symphony (sakoda type) and its quite decent.
I had a roots windtone before this which I think is similar to the symphony. One of the horns conked out due to water entering it. So was looking for something a bit more durable and something slightly louder but the vibrasonic seems a bit too loud

Quote:
Originally Posted by janitha View Post
The easiest way will be to tune both to produce less sound, especially, the low frequency one. Myself too planning to do the same to the Vibrasonic.

Please post back if you manage to get it done. Will check with my electrician too to see if this can be done

Last edited by bottle : 28th June 2009 at 19:41.
bottle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2009, 20:41   #658
BHPian

Quote:
Please post back if you manage to get it done. Will check with my electrician too to see if this can be done
It will take not more than five minutes to do it. If mine was easily accessible I would myself have done it earlier.
janitha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2009, 23:54   #659
BHPian

Question

I don't know if this is the proper thread to ask this

Does fitting Power Horns (more than one) or extra lights put extra pressure on the ECU/ECM ?

Anybody can help? Ankit?
ultimatechamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2009, 14:20   #660
Senior - BHPian

What pressure? Well, if the ECU had ears, they might bleed...

As long as you use a relay and give the horn it's own circuit from the battery, you'll be fine.
ImmortalZ is offline   Reply With Quote